BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to Biden just routing the Senate to put in whoever he wants into cabinet positions, you know since Trump has set the precedent for it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This honestly makes no sense at this juncture unless hes doing it just to spite these folks

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real question is with Esper being fired and it being reported CIA Director will be fired next. What is Trump trying to do?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
He already was going to resign this is trump being a petty asshole and acting like he is doing something. Not like it matters when all these assholes going to be gone anyway.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to Biden just routing the Senate to put in whoever he wants into cabinet positions, you know since Trump has set the precedent for it.

He can't, unfortunately. Apparently, you can only promote someone to Acting Secretary of [insert whatever] if that person was confirmed by the Senate for a different post before.

I mean, Biden could probably try to sneak in his actual Cabinet through the backdoor like that: Have them confirmed for lower positions that no one gives a shit about and then promote them to Acting Secretaries, lmao.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This is what he does to make himself feel better

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly what Trump is doing though. He's using the "acting" title to essentially route the Senate himself, which is something that Biden can and should do.
Trump is doing that because he knows Mitch will just push through whoever he picks in the republican-controlled senate. Biden can make people "acting" as much as he wants -- Mitch and the republican majority will just shoot them down and make him look like a fool.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
efb4ce40c388f101e30422ec423f6479.gif

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so could this be in preparation of a coup d'etat? if esper was against using troops to mow down protestors and that is the reason for his dismissal?

Mar 3, 2019
So what's to stop Trump in the next 2 months from just randomly declaring "war" and bombing a random country House of Cards style? I could see him leaving in the most scorched earth possible way if he feels he has no way out

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I expect Trump to go scorched Earth and try and hurt anyone that he perceived as disloyal

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Confused what the point is. Assuming out of spite unless someone connects the dots on some nefarious scheme at play.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Firing everyone and creating chaos doesn't seem like a winning strategy for Georgia.