IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Article

In the five years since Leto has been linked to Tron 3, the movie didn't really start to make much progress until 2020, when Disney re-entered the film into development. It was shortly after this that Garth Davis (Lion) was announced as Tron 3's director. Leto seemingly revealed the sequel's title in celebration of the announcement, as a since-deleted tweet referred to the movie as Tron: Ares. Despite the star then teasing his physical transformation to lead the sci-fi sequel movie, there hasn't been any significant update on where the movie stands for more than a year.

As audiences wait for Tron 3, Leto is now out promoting Sony's Morbius ahead of its theatrical release on April 1. Screen Rant had the opportunity to talk to the Morbius star as part of the press tour, and the conversation eventually included a question about the status of Tron 3. Leto can't say much about the project beyond sharing his enthusiasm to eventually make the movie. However, he does offer a promising Tron 3 update in the process that teases more news might be on the horizon:

I'm a super fan of Tron, and we are working hard on Tron with our incredible partners at Disney. Just an amazing group of creative people. We're getting closer. We're getting closer and closer, and who knows? Something may be [coming] sooner than later.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
I'm good, fam.

If I want a Tron 3, I want a continuation of Legacy with Hedlund and Wilde, not Jared fucking Leto.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you all wanted Tron back and now you got it. With a full score done by 30 Seconds From Mars!

200.gif

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this shit. After more than a decade, I'm still bitter that we never got a continuation of Legacy.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
man just make a sequel with the Flynns or give us a Quorra spin off or something, this is not how I want Tron to come back....

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish this dude would just go back to making music that sounds like the first two 30 Seconds to Mars albums.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm a super fan of Tron, and we are working hard on Tron with our incredible partners at Disney. Just an amazing group of creative people. We're getting closer. We're getting closer and closer, and who knows? Something may be [coming] sooner than later.

FUCK

OberstKrueger

Jan 7, 2018
I care less about Leto being in it and more about making sure Daft Punk comes back for the music. Their soundtrack was the glue that held Legacy together.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you all wanted Tron back and now you got it. With a full score done by 30 Seconds From Mars!

200.gif

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE.

IF I DON'T GET DAFT PUNK, I'LL HAVE GESAFFELSTEIN DAMN IT.

feel like pure shit just want her back ;_;

tumblr_pwdw5rK1mO1rrkahjo3_540.gifv

:( :( :(

Nah, without Hedlund/Wilde and Cillian Murphy I'll pass.

SERIOUSLY... they have the perfect antagonist set up with Cillian Murphy in Tron Legacy as Dillinger Jr for a third film. WHY ARE THEY GOING WITH LETO FFS.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
God I wish we got a proper sequel with the same characters.

Tron Legacy is legitimately fucking awesome.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
This shot lives in my head and I think back to it weekly:

movies-tron-legacy-olivia-wilde.jpg

If I don't get more Olivia Wilde in Tron 3 then I don't want Tron 3.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
He literally runs an abusive sex cult or something
In the past 2 years, he's been cast in movies by Warner Bros, Universal, MGM, Sony and now Disney.

Like...there has truly got to be something behind the divergence of the internet's hatred of him and Hollywood continuing to cast him in prominent roles.

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
He must have like singer/ spacey connections. I thought he would go down like Franco. I guess not.

Oct 27, 2017
What happened to him playing the villain and bringing Sam and Quorra back?

Damn I love Tron but this sounds like a shit sandwich.

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
I want Tron 3 so bad I'm willing to be open about Leto being in it. As long the creative team behind it is good, it's possible they make it really hard for Leto to ruin it.