Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Recently decided I was going to work my way through all of the Scooby Doo series as I'd only ever watched the 70s one and decided to pick one at random to start off with: Mystery Incorporated.

Did not expect it to be genuinely fantastic. On the last episode now and kinda worried it's all downhill from here. Do any of the others match up to this one? Is there a good recommendation for which to go with next?

TrashyPanda

Oct 28, 2017
I've never watched any Scooby-Doo beyond the original, but:
m.youtube.com

What's New Scooby-Doo?

Provided to YouTube by Atlantic RecordsWhat's New Scooby-Doo? · Simple PlanWhat's New Scooby-Doo?℗ 2021 Lava Records, LLC.Masterer, Unknown: Frank JolyProduc...

This is a bop, so maybe this one.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The animated movies made around that period are also high quality. What's New, Scooby-Doo? is also good (as are the films made during that time too), but as far as shows go, Mystery Incorporated is the peak.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Recently decided I was going to work my way through all of the Scooby Doo series as I'd only ever watched the 70s one and decided to pick one at random to start off with: Mystery Incorporated.

Did not expect it to be genuinely fantastic. On the last episode now and kinda worried it's all downhill from here. Do any of the others match up to this one? Is there a good recommendation for which to go with next?
Yeah, you picked by far the best one. It is absolutely all downhill from here.

OP
OP
Coolsambob

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I've never watched any Scooby-Doo beyond the original, but:
m.youtube.com

What's New Scooby-Doo?

Provided to YouTube by Atlantic RecordsWhat's New Scooby-Doo? · Simple PlanWhat's New Scooby-Doo?℗ 2021 Lava Records, LLC.Masterer, Unknown: Frank JolyProduc...

This is a bop, so maybe this one.

Forgot all about this song somehow, I think it might swing me.

The animated movies made around that period are also high quality. What's New, Scooby-Doo? is also good (as are the films made during that time too), but as far as shows go, Mystery Incorporated is the peak.

I was afraid of this, may save the movies as inbetweens in case I come across some terrible versions.

Flueswonkler

Mar 15, 2022
Mystery Incorporated is by far the best that Scooby Doo has to offer. I really liked how

they left it open ended in case the series continued, but it works in a way that even if it didn't (which, of course, it didn't) you know that the gang is out there doing their thing. It was a satisfying ending to the series. Though it would've been nice to see them add Marcy to the group had they gotten another season.

OP
OP
Coolsambob

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Mystery Incorporated is by far the best that Scooby Doo has to offer. I really liked how

they left it open ended in case the series continued, but it works in a way that even if it didn't (which, of course, it didn't) you know that the gang is out there doing their thing. It was a satisfying ending to the series. Though it would've been nice to see them add Marcy to the group had they gotten another season.

That's what I thought, setting it up for a brand new series and mystery storyline but didn't keep a cliffhanger so a fairly good ending to it I thought

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I always felt the end of Mystery Incorporated basically set it up to almost be a prequel of the original cartoon, explaining that the reason they're just driving across the country solving mysteries is because they're on their way to college.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Mystery Inc is hands down the best Scooby stuff out there. Absolutely fantastic.

Sep 5, 2021

This is not true. Be Cool is one of the best Scooby Doo series. It has one of the best versions of Fred and Daphne. It and MI are both great series in different ways. Another good series is What's New and I also recommend seeing the three 90's movies and and the Ghoul School movie.

OP
OP
Coolsambob

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I always felt the end of Mystery Incorporated basically set it up to almost be a prequel of the original cartoon, explaining that the reason they're just driving across the country solving mysteries is because they're on their way to college.

It did have that kind of vibe, with the Mystery Machine flowers over the end credits, was wondering if this was the intent.

Where is Mystery Inc streamable right now, anyway? I've been meaning to watch it.

On HBO Max at the moment, works fine on a VPN outside of US.

This is not true. Be Cool is one of the best Scooby Doo series. It has one of the best versions of Fred and Daphne. It and MI are both great series in different ways. Another good series is What's New and I also recommend seeing the three 90's movies and and the Ghoul School movie.

Nice, I will start Be Cool next. Yeah planning on watching a bunch of the movies with them too, should have access to most I reckon.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
There's a lot of them, i think I've seen most of the old ones but missed out on a lot of the newer shows and movies.

There's the one with the cousin, Scooby Dum? 13 ghosts of Scooby Doo. A lot of weird ones where one of the usual gang is left out.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Mystery Inc was the one with Hot Dog Water and all the bad guys are like "I took an engineering course down at the learning annex and that's how I was able to build this pseudo-perpetual infinite energy generator from old coffee cans I had lying around my house" right

Wicdor

Feb 27, 2018
Be cool scooby doo is good to watch in my book. I can see why some people dont like it after incorporated but its a good scooby doo cartoon in a different way.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure that was the intent yes, the new universe they ended up in was the original series. That's how most people interpret it at least

OP
OP
Coolsambob

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Mystery Inc was the one with Hot Dog Water and all the bad guys are like "I took an engineering course down at the learning annex and that's how I was able to build this pseudo-perpetual infinite energy generator from old coffee cans I had lying around my house" right

Yeah that's the one. I kinda liked how they revealed the bad guy and how they did about 1 of the tricks but ignored a lot of the blatant supernatural stuff that happened.

Be cool scooby doo is good to watch in my book. I can see why some people dont like it after incorporated but its a good scooby doo cartoon in a different way.

Quite a few votes on Be Cool, will start that one now

OP
OP
Coolsambob

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
On another note, I'm guessing the live action straight to dvd films are a no?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018

the ending actually leads into the first series. the entire show is a stealth prequel to scooby doo where are you and Harlan ellison's mission is a retroactive explanation for the gang's cross country mosnter hunter journey. it even adds the laugh track from scooby doo where are you to drive it home

OP
OP
Coolsambob

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying Be Cool so far, art style was a bit offputting for about a second, but got used to it very quickly.