T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
"You know, as an actor I should be allowed to play any person, or any tree, or any animal because that is my job and the requirements of my job," Johansson explained. "I feel like it's a trend in my business and it needs to happen for various social reasons, yet there are times it does get uncomfortable when it affects the art because I feel art should be free of restrictions." She added about political correctness specifically: "I think society would be more connected if we just allowed others to have their own feelings and not expect everyone to feel the way we do."
Source

Straight trash. It's been months and she still doesnt get it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I like that comparison of other races to trees.

/s

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
"I don't understand what their issue is, racism is dead" says Scarlett as she applies the black makeup.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Fuck off. You're impersonating other races and using CGI in some cases to look Asian.

Fuck off.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Iron Man did it.
main-qimg-783896dbe02adccd017fd642f9ac9d07.webp

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That is a really incendiary headline that doesn't reflect what she said (which wasn't good, but still).

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This kind of ignorance is disgusting. How about have some damn humility and not sound like someone who is entitled to whatever she wants. She is set for life with her wealth and has the ability to specifically choose what roles she takes.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
She does have the right, but can't she be just a little sensitive on the matter?

oblivious indeed

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I just finished watching Ghost in the Shell 2017 15 minutes ago. Weird.

Her performance and that twist were bad but that film has so many bad things in it. It's just really bad.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
The white perfect world fantasy thinking is annoying as shit.

Just ignore the entire world around you, bold move cotton

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I can kind of see her perspective, but it's obvious she still thinks it's about her and what she's allowed to do, when the real problem is underrepresented groups who *don't get to* do things when a role is whitewashed and how that perpetuates the problem.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What a dumb argument. Just because you theoretically could cast a white woman to play Harriet Tubman doesn't mean that saying "THIS IS A BAD IDEA" is a restriction. It's called being thoughtful and considerate of the experiences of others. Christ.

Scarlett would be a perfect fit as a tree, TBH.

She certainly emotes about as often as a tree does. Which is to say, never.

Oct 28, 2017
Hilarious how she talks about how art shouldn't be restricted, as it continues to be primarily restricted to only white actors.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
are trees and animals underrepresented minority groups
is there a national association for the advancement of arboreal people

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Comparing people of other races, sexualities, etc. to animals is never a good look.

Straight White entitlement knows no bounds.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like if you're in marvel movies you don't get to make "art" arguments

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its so hard being white, privileged, and rich. She has to take all the jobs she can!

No seriously fuck her. That stupid mentality right there is what shuts other talented people out from ever having opportunities.

She already has access to everything and her struggle is not being able to do whatever she wants. There are others out there who don't have choices because of people like her and those who support her white supremacist way of thinking.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Scarlett in her next meeting with Feige.

"I want to play Black Widow."
"...but you already do?"
"No, this time I want to play her literally as a black widow."
Feige:

giphy.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm kinda wondering how Scarlett Johansson feels about her right to use words now.

Oct 28, 2017
A person being criticized by progressives refuses to understand the actual issue and then equates said criticism with the removal of their rights?

Well I never.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In an ideal world, yes. But we don't live in an ideal world, we live in a world were minorities are ignored while white actresses are given their roles.

When we have 50 years of cinematic history where minorities play traditionally white characters we should reevaluate.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing she's still mad about the Ghost in the shell and the backlash to the trans movie

I mean there's probably an argument to the backlash to those moves but while she has the the right it doesn't mean it would be good if she played Mandela or something