RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Hey everyone, so given Christmas is right around the corner and it's been a rough year, let's spread some damn cheer! This is a thread to give a shoutout to some cool people and say some nice stuff, there's a lot of cool people here, let's try to brighten someone's day in a year that has not been to kind to a lot of people.

Previous threads:

www.resetera.com

Hey Era, say something nice about another member!

I was pretty bummed out yesterday with all the Kavanaugh stuff, and really just following too much news in general and being over-saturated with bad things going on in the world, I just though it would be cool if we could take a minute to say something nice about someone and spread around a...

www.resetera.com

Say something nice about another member: The Return!

We haven't had this thread in quite a while, and it's always good to uplift people and try to brighten someone's day a bit. In a recent thread, some users thought that maybe Era was a bit too serious or confrontational, so let's set all that aside for a while and spread some good vibes! If...

www.resetera.com

Hey Era, say something nice about another member!

This is a thread I like to do every 6-7 months to try to generate some good vibes and positivity! To participate, just tag another Era member and say something nice about them. There's a lot of reasons to be feeling down, let's try to lift up some spirits! Nepenthe is always really nice and...

Happy holidays!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Kyuuji seems really great and I love all of the hard work she's been up to making sure to amplify the concerns of the trans community. Even though I am not a member of the trans community, I admire and appreciate that commitment, even as an outsider.

OP
OP
RedMercury

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
something nice about another Era poster - Part 4!
Four threads and you are the first to do this lol
Prominent Members-only thread.
Come on, don't be like that. Obviously people who post more are going to have more of an impact simply by being more visible in threads, but there's also discords and stuff where you can get to know other people, you can send someone a DM, if people want to forge connections all the tools are there and if they don't that's cool as well, it doesn't make anyone any better or worse or whatever.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
transistor gave me this sweet tag

and nepenthe always posts good stuff

i'm also grateful to the 15 or so people who have quoted me over the years

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Zombine, literally too good for era

I'm not in any community or whatever so i don't expect any shoutout tbh

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Four threads and you are the first to do this lol

Come on, don't be like that. Obviously people who post more are going to have more of an impact simply by being more visible in threads, but there's also discords and stuff where you can get to know other people, you can send someone a DM, if people want to forge connections all the tools are there and if they don't that's cool as well, it doesn't make anyone any better or worse or whatever.
You know I'm being facetious!

Honestly? Most everyone on here is cool.
Basically this.

And shoutouts to the folks in the Mahjong discord.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
I don't post much, but I recognize many of your names. You all are wonderful posters, and I hope you have a great night!

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
All these threads just seem like a circle jerk tbh but I'll give my shout out to TheNexus because he sold me a cheap copy of Demon Souls.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Line X , fighting games for life!!
sf3-ryu-ken-intro.gif

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Aw yeah time to shout-out some strangers. This thread's too slow so here's a long one to show y'all how spreading positivity is done

Ultimate Bear Cub and Queen Vulpix were welcome cheerleaders and contributors (yes rhymes are valid contributions!) in my holiday avatar thread. Helps lend the feeling that it's a community event rather than simply a one-stop-shop
Zlug has done fantastic and consistent work in keeping the avatar request thread going for quite some time. I hope you feel appreciated
Oh and MondoMega your avatar is the best one on this forum. Just putting that out there

Now to shut up about avatars

samoyed is a good dog with compelling and informative posts that are suspiciously unbefitting of a dog, but I won't complain
Kyuuji puts in an awe-inspiring amount of effort around these parts. That almost goes without saying but it needs to be said

And because it's not right to post in here without saying as such:

Berordn you're a turbo-nerd for still playing WoW but it takes one to know one
Fanto you are, of course, still fantastic

Happy holidays

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oheao isn't with us right now but he always checks in on me when he can tell my mental health is dipping, and I really appreciate that.
Kyuuji is Era's superhero. I wish she didn't need to do the things she does, but the forum is better for having her on it.

Oh, also, Disclaimer is one of the few people I know on Era who has more of an encyclopedic knowledge of Final Fantasy stuff than I do.
And hydrophilic attack - endless props for a fellow Tactics Ogre fan.

Really, though...any of you that still put up with me are kind of saints and deserve a medal.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Oheao isn't with us right now but he always checks in on me when he can tell my mental health is dipping, and I really appreciate that.
Kyuuji is Era's superhero. I wish she didn't need to do the things she does, but the forum is better for having her on it.

Oh, also, Disclaimer is one of the few people I know on Era who has more of an encyclopedic knowledge of Final Fantasy stuff than I do.
And hydrophilic attack - endless props for a fellow Tactics Ogre fan.

Really, though...any of you that still put up with me are kind of saints and deserve a medal.
Thanks PlanetSmasher!

I love the discussions we have about game design and stories, whether we agree or not. And thanks for being a stand up guy!

OP
OP
RedMercury

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Dusk Golem I appreciate that you are an encyclopedia of horror game knowledge, I could bring up some obscure PS2 horror game (like Obscure) and you could probably write an essay on it

Hecht You've always been real cool to me man, I appreciate it and hope you're doing well and having a good holiday

D i Z what else needs to be said, you're an all around good dude and I'm happy to count you as a friend, everyone from the BCT discord is real cool and it sucks I don't get to spend as much time there lately due to work but y'all are great

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Falk for being a really cool dude and good looking guy

edit: gdi i forgot which person i am again nevermind

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
PlanetSmasher has really specific tastes for JRPGs that are in alignment with many that I have, and I'm happy that they put in the ground work to carry an overwhelming majority of the weight so I can sit back and say "yep, PlanetSmasher's got it handled".

Also, the mod staff in general for dealing with heaps of bullshit on a daily basis (including my own bullshit).