DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Can you think of moments when a character does really irritating or dumb stuff and actually gets called out for it and it is so satisfying to see? For me, MK9 when Raiden calls out Scorpion for ruining the chance to revive his family because he gave into anger and vengeance at the start of his chapter.

sialnez

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if it exactly fits your bill, but as flawed as the later seasons might've been...
"You stand accused of murder. You stand accused of treason. How do you answer these charges...Lord Baelish?"

...this was just such a "Fuuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss!" moment in all it's simplicity.

Last edited:

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the scene in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles where Del finally gets called out about his obnoxious and unsocial behavior

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if it exactly fits your bill, but as flawed as the later seasons might've been...
"You stand accused of murder. You stand accused of treason. How do you answer these charges...Lord Baelish?"

...this was just such a "Fuuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss!" moment in all it's simplicity.

Are you kidding me? It was the final nail in the coffin of how poorly they treated this intricate and mysterious character beyond existing book material. How can you like this?

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Perfect ending for the character. The best part are all his fans mad their edgy mastermind went out like the worm he was.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
A Culture Mind calling out humans:

"Look at these humans! How could such glacial slowness even be called life? An age could pass, virtual empires rise and fall in the time they took to open their mouths to utter some new inanity!"

- Excession

sialnez

Oct 27, 2017
Are you kidding me? It was the final nail in the coffin of how poorly they treated this intricate and mysterious character beyond existing book material. How can you like this?
Maybe I'm a simple dude, but... have you considered taking this TV show little bit too serious, especially that little incel shitlord character?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

That shit was completely unearned though. It only happened because said character lost half their IQ in the 7th season.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
jQxQ39wpHJqu0OsIGqQRCeW-WpBWa_Dz7ZQ2gyXtzkc.jpg

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

How could this possibly be satisfying? It took him holding the idiot ball for an entire season to even come about, and even then only happened because someone was able to just magick the truth lol. Which could have happened at the start of that plotline ftr, making the whole thing a messy and contrived waste of time.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm a simple dude, but... have you considered taking this TV show little bit too serious, especially that little incel shitlord character?

On the contrary, it's precisely because I cannot take the last half of the show serious that his death just felt like the writers checking off a list entry of threads to close more than anything. Empty, vapid and without impact.

You're free to like it of course. I don't mean to invalidate your opinion. Mine's also just that.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
my hero academia when deku calls out bakugo for being a ridiculous bully and asshole and terrible moral compass for the populace he would aim to influence by being #1 hero, then cuts ties with him while saying they can be OK but they'll never be friends after over a decade of his terrible behavior

oh wait never happens, deku would get on all fours and bark like a dog for his childhood bully

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Todd's "It's You" speech to Bojack Horseman:

You can't keep doing this! You can't keep doing shitty things and then feel bad about yourself like that makes it okay! You need to be better! BoJack, just stop. You are all the things that are wrong with you. It's not the alcohol, or the drugs, or any of the shitty things that happened to you in your career, or when you were a kid. It's you. Okay? It's you. Fuck, man, what else is there to say?

Todd Calling out Bojack in Season 3 :

Damn, just missed being the first.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
my hero academia when deku calls out bakugo for being a ridiculous bully and asshole and terrible moral compass for the populace he would aim to influence by being #1 hero, then cuts ties with him while saying they can be OK but they'll never be friends after over a decade of his terrible behavior

oh wait never happens, deku would get on all fours and bark like a dog for his childhood bully
Read the manga please

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Perfect ending for the character. The best part are all his fans mad their edgy mastermind went out like the worm he was.
Despite all the stuff about "I hope Littlefinger sits on the throne!" I don't think any of his fans were actually upset about him dying. And him desperately trying to get out of said situation to no avail is very fitting.

But it's a completely stupid death. Why? Cause it happened for completely stupid reasons.

One of the top two smartest characters in the series, tried to pit Starks, who are known for their family bonds, against each other?

And of course they had to have Bran tell them about Littlefinger, meaning they didn't even figure it out themselves.

Or how about Littlefinger hearing the phrase "chaos is a ladder" from Bran, and not at least acting on it. The dude doesn't believe in magic, but you don't need to in order for alarm bells to go off.

The entire thing is some of the worst game of thrones has to offer, and saying "lol salt" is a lame defense from those who don't give a fuck about writing.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Raiden had a few moments where people called him on his rampant shit in the recent MK trilogy.

MK10 and 11 was mostly him facing the consequences of MK9

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
As much as I dislike the whole God is evil plot, I loved Sam and Dean calling him out on his shit at the end of season 14.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
haven't even watched this anime but surely this guy is being called out on his shit

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Lololololol.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Chrisjen Avasarala calling out James Holden:

"For fuck's sake, Holden, I have crates of antiherpes drugs that are more legitimately UN Navy than you are."

- The Expanse

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In Pickle Rick, The therapist explaining exactly how Rick is deeply flawed, right to his face, is brilliant.

KarmaCow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I usually hate the scenes where it feels like a character from outside the show or the writer themselves jumping to drop sage advice but the scene where Carmela goes to a therapist to justify staying with Tony is so good. Especially in contrast to the Melfi and Tony scenes.

"One thing you can never say, that you haven't been told"

Edie Falco really sells the indignation and embarrassment of being so easily called out.

Sep 14, 2019

I was reading and thinking, "wow, I might actually give this show a try after all!"

... Then I read your last line... 🤦🏽‍♂️🤣