L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
only yours for $449.99

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...1tb-microsd-card-sandisk-micron-price-release

Untitled_2.0.jpg

announced at Mobile World Congress, The SanDisk card will be available from April for $449.99.

Designed to help move tons of high-quality content faster than ever, the 1TB SanDisk Extreme UHS-I microSD card reaches speeds up to 160MB/s1. This new card allows consumers to transfer files in nearly half the time over standard UHS-I microSD cards2 currently on the market. The cards reach these record-breaking speeds by leveraging Western Digital's proprietary flash technology. The new SanDisk Extreme card will also be available in 512GB* capacity, and will feature the A2 specification3 for launching and loading apps at blazing speeds. The 1TB and 512GB SanDisk Extreme UHS-I microSD cards are available for pre-order now on SanDisk.com, and will be available at select retailers in April 2019. The cards will be priced at U.S. MSRPs of $449.99 and $199.99, respectively.

perfect for the switch.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
remember when 1GB was this expensive?

i don't. hopefully this will be $30 in a not so distant future.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Isn't the Switch limited to 480gb? Or was that the highest card available at the time

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Nice
I bought my first ssd last Black Friday and I am amazed by how things are faster now. I wonder if this means that we will get cheaper ssds in the future

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
On a 400gb card for the switch, hopefully the price will be more reasonable when I'm looking to upgrade.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this don't seem so cheap. Certainly impressive though. I have a 128GB card on my phone and I feel no need for such an extreme upgrade, but I guess this could have great uses for photographers, filmmakers and people who want to, say, carry the entire library of PS1 games on a card or something similarly extreme.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing - will be interesting to see what they will cost 1-2 from now.

400gb cards were crazy expensive during the Switch launch...now they are quite affordable during sales.

WhippyLizard

Nov 1, 2017
Finally.

I know people don't understand it when I say I need this type of card, but to summarize why I'll take a direct quote from my ex:

"I really hate that on his (her sons switch) I have to trudge and get game carts, but on yours I can just click whatever I'm interested in and off I go"

I might finally be able to install those huge Bethesda games, South Park, and some others without having to nuke half my card.

I wish there was a more cost effective way though.. like perhaps downloading to an external hdd on the dock and being able to use the UI to copy to the switch and off the switch so that I can just locally maintain the games.

Of course you couldn't play off the hdd because you could yoink the switch out of the dock.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
How many holidays away is that? lol

I don't know, lol. But it always seems there is a temporary price reduction around these cards during the holidays. It's how I was able to get a 400 GB card for less than $100 when they were normally selling for about $150. I'm not expecting a massive reduction for the 1 TB card, but a decent sized one corresponding to reductions in other card sizes as well.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's funny how prices become so steep after 256gb which you can get for like $50

400 GB cards are still around the same price/GB ratio as the smaller ones. I'm sure the 512GB ones will be too in a few months. 1TB cards may take a bit longer to get there since they're just coming out.

Looks like I bought a 200GB card for 85€ in October 2017. Now I could get a 400GB card for 70€..

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not cheap at all, OP.
For the first iteration of this quantity? It is extremely cheap for what it is.
Pretty cheap? Not sure if OP is joking.
the first iterations of drives/memory sizes are usually ridiculously expensive. Like 1TB SSDs being over 1500 dollars when launched. Being this cheap this early means it bodes well for it quickly getting affordable. In a year you can probably get this for 200$

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still good with my 400gb one.
But who knows what I need in some years

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In like 3 years these are gonna be so cheap. Living the high life.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For the first iteration of this quantity? It is extremely cheap for what it is.
the first iterations of drives/memory sizes are usually ridiculously expensive. Like 1TB SSDs being over 1500 dollars when launched. Being this cheap this early means it bodes well for it quickly getting affordable. In a year you can probably get this for 200$
You're still paying over $400 for a micro sd card. Your sd card would be more expensive than the console you bought it for.

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine being mugged

"Take the console, but can I keep my saves please, it is just a cheap sd card. In no way more expensive that the system itself"

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Damn. And I just bought a Samsung 512GB card because my 200GB card filled up.

Last edited: