Studge

Oct 25, 2017
"In African Americans, they have a gene for the pimp walk...."

a gene.... for the pimp walk....

What in the holy fuck, I'm like stunned over here.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I was expecting some crime statistics questions or some shit, holy fuck. This guy is insane.

Apr 10, 2024
Honestly.. better to come out and be an open racist than a hidden one. You might have ideas but dont wanna say anything if you are wrong, but when you do this.. is there any question or doubt?

Rezzzz

Aug 7, 2023
I'm trying to understand the principal's thought process here. The teacher should have been yanked out of there right away. Did they think this wasn't going to leak out?

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I am not gonna lie I was not expecting the examples to be that… I mean "pimp walk"?!?!? Nah this guy has 0 business in a classroom.

beat

Oct 28, 2017
Around 10 minutes into the two-hour exam period, the student said that Principal Jim Peterson arrived in the classroom, had a private conversation with Nguyen and collected finals. After the principal left, Nguyen continued with the same exam but put the questions on a projector and had the class write their answers on their own sheets of paper.
hahaha, Nguyen deserves to be fired with prejudice. I can't see the union defending this.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
the most unsettling part is that he's been a teacher for a decade prior. how many students had to deal with this racist motherfucker's slights in ways that wouldn't make a headline?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think those exam questions were very appropriate, if i'm being raw and unfiltered here.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It's nice that the interviewed parent wants the dude to keep his job but get anti-bias training. Definitely taking the high road.

...but looking at those test questions? I think the dude is too far gone. I don't think there's any anti-bias training that will help him. He's a jerk and he needs to go back into the hole he crawled out of.
Yeah, this doesn't sound like some unconscious bias. To me this sounds like a racist tired of their job deciding to intentionally torpedo their career.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Pimp walk? Did I travel back in time from 2024? What the fuck is going on here.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
Nov 20, 2017
It's almost as if the teacher wanted to be fired, making questions like that. (if that wasn't the case, then it's still supremely fucked up)

Reminds me of account-suiciding on GameFAQs back in the day lol

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Man, Juice was still in theatres the last time I heard someone say "Pimp Walk" in a sentence.

These racists go decades without a software update.... Fuck outta here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That is way WAY worse than I was expecting going in. Holy shit. How was he not fired on the spot?

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
i don't think those exam questions were very appropriate, if i'm being raw and unfiltered here.

why-would-you-say-something-so-controversial-yet-so-brave.gif

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
"For some reason, the African American culture has influenced most of the student body. How? In African Americans, they have a gene for the pimp walk, which is dominant. What is the result if you cross (student name) homozygous dominant Latina with a homozygous recessive Hmong like (student name)?"

The question goes on to refer to the dominant trait as walking with a limp and the recessive trait as normal.

Nahhh...

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This guy probably thinks he is being brave and hilarious, hope he get's not only fired but actually sued.

Foolhardy

May 4, 2024
Even without the racism, doing the student pairing and talking about their hypothetic babies is an instant "get him away from those kids."

With the racism it all becomes magnitudes more horrifying and fucking weird.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Was not sure what I was expecting but holy shit, not that.

This makes me think of those people that fuck with police to get shot.... he is torpedoing his career with this lol.

Dec 30, 2020
This person is in severe need of a spectacular ass beating. Like the sort that becomes a folk song still sung 70 years later.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what I expected but it was not that, holy shit.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
At first I was thinking, yes we paired up in biology class and created imaginary children. But we disregarded ACTUAL traits of the students and just rolled dice for all-of-humanity traits…..then I read more and gosh. This dude has some years of hating all his students coming out here. I believe it only took 10 minutes for it to be reported by enough students that the tests were taken away.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
It's somewhat known that Vietnamese Americans are one of the most conservative Asian demographics out there.

This take many fucking manners of cake though. Holy shit

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Holy fuck

When I clicked on this I expected to see a regular-ish exam with a couple of places where I'd go "ohh, I kinda see what he was trying to do there, but that's definitely not the best way to word that".

I was not expecting "African Americans have a gene for the pimp walk"

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for the kids. I also had some kind of teacher meltdown like this in HS, not this bad, but it basically ruined the entire class for the school year, including for the AP students grouped with us. It's a big setback, even before considering the abuse part of this case.

Pet Rock

Mar 14, 2018
If the point of the punnet square question was just to fill it out properly, then he could have made any kind of obviously absurd but harmless gene examples if he wanted to just "have fun" with that part without issue. Instead he went racist absurd, integrated into what I'm reading as a rant against the diverse student body of his school whom he perceives basically as all "acting Black" (however he stereotypes that, including his example of "pimp walking") instead of "being themselves."

I mean, I've seen teachers mess around on tests, worksheets, etc. they write up and be silly In a harmless way. This dude decided to take a different kinda route 😬

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I thought he was just using students names in questions he shouldn't. This is a whole other level of shithead.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Holy shit this guy had hatred in his soul to make that quiz. He must of been pissed off about something.
I am wondering what made him get to that point.
God damn, I hope the school throws those grades in the trash.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He went all in on those questions. Naming the students on the test. Not what I expected.