Ryu or Ken

• Ryu

Votes: 471 58.3%
  • Ken

Votes: 337 41.7%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Ryu and Ken are basically the main characters of Street Fighter and among the most iconic characters from it. Between the two of them in terms of their character, story, gameplay, etc who do you like more?

Ryu:

ryu.jpg

5d2899b1711dd181a53adb6aed649dfa.jpg

Ken:

1200px-Ken_SSBU.png

KDoQkVLirO58gLwyQWI1fQ0JHu3mdSzFnjGFpEZ6nBA.jpg

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ryu. It's like single-strike style versus rapid-strike style. I prefer strong decisive hits.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Ken has always been my Street Fighter main. He doesn't get the attention that Ryu gets, his story was put on hold a while ago, and Capcom has since moved on from him being right there with Ryu. But it doesn't matter to me. Ken for life.

Ken always had the better uppercut, even went flaming. But Ryu, he had to copy Ken's uppercut ;) Ken didn't try and style on Ryu's hadoken XD

Also, I like Violent Ken's design more than Evil Ryu's design. But that's just me.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Hot Ryu > "normal" Ken > "normal" Ryu > Alpha Ken > Alpha Ryu > SF V Ken

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
ken is more interesting. I like shoryukens and that Shippu Jinraikyaku is one of the most usefull supers of the shoto family

7t7gJ3w.gif

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ken will always be my main followed by Cammy. Ken being slightly faster than Ryu plus his uppers always gave him to edge in my eyes.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ken seems to be more likeable to me and I've always preferred his specials over Ryu's.

Ken for me.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the game, but typically I prefer Ryu's playstyle in most games. Design wise... probably Ryu as well.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
this was a good look i remember drawing Ken from this reference like 70 times after seeing it in a GameFAN

3becb4b21caf8c087af514d7d81e9297.png

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't quit Ken in SFV. I keep trying, but he's got such wonderful visual flair, great key frames, and giving him a flexible command run gives him a nice niche to keep him distinct and uniquely fun from the rest of the Shoryuken Army.

I appreciate Ryu a whole lot (Especially on the tail end of D.E.), but I miss Ken's explosive momentum too much when I'm not playing him to make the change permanent. Things can definitely change when SF6 comes around, but with how stable Ken's been from patch-to-patch and how happy they seem to be with Ken in SFV, I don't expect them to stray too far from this direction.

/the real dread here is seeing if they're going to go with Langdon again, since SF6 will be their first opportunity to break free from using him for voice work in a major character since Langdon started really showing his ass on Twitter.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
They're both really cool, but in terms of play style I prefer Ken. Appearance wise though Bearded Ryu > all Ken's

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Despite what they tried to do to my main Ken in street fighter 5, it's ken

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Ryu is boring as hell.
I hate playing against Ken.
I prefer playing as Ken.

Only answer is Chun-Li.