Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
first we had this this tweet

a week ago but you know russell, in all his kiwi/aussie self isn't gonna let sleeping dogs lie and fires back

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
A modem masterpiece in every sense of the word. Needs the sequel.

I don't think there is one bad thing about that movie.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a while since I saw this but I remember really liking it once it got more into the naval battle stuff. Can't think of many movies like it.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Master and Commander.

Just a fantastic movie. Seen it a bunch of times.

MASTERPIECE

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Working at a bar during college with a great friend we'd close at about 3am on a Friday and sit there, drink, and talk about how great this movie is till sunrise. Its perfect

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Was the idea of this guy's take that it is so bad it would cause most people to immediately go lay down and therefore get some sleep?

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
There was a GAF member that would fight to the death over this film.
Don't think it was Skullibundo. Maybe jett. Maybe Solo. My old man brain can't grasp it... but there was an OBSESSIVE Master & Commander stan back there.

blackhawk163

Oct 28, 2017
I remember being caught off guard by this movie and its very long title, but damn it, from start to finish I loved every minute of it. Play it on a great sound system and you could practically feel the sea spray.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I never bought this on Blu-Ray cos I heard the transfer was poor. If this film was released on 4k, it'd be an absolute Day 0 purchase. Such an awesome film.

At the very least it feels like Criterion has a duty to remaster (and commander) and re-release it.

Last edited:

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I remember him in that film

large_article_179347991_marquee.jpg

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Truly a great movie and one of the few for me that seems to get better with age and subsequent viewings

Really is a shame we never got any of the planned sequels...though I'm not exactly shocked when even today people can't seem to respect how great it is unless you are a film buff.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I somehow saw this movie in theaters when I was still in high school. It wasn't my choice, and I didn't quite enjoy it, but I never came close to falling asleep.

I need to watch it again. I'd probably enjoy it more, now.

anamika

May 18, 2018
Good movie. Loved the friendship between Aubrey and Maturin. Good stuff for slash shippers everywhere.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
He's actually right, Master and Commander is pretty damn engaging and even downright bombastic at points.

My sleep movie is Holes with Shithead LeBeouf.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Really great movie. I need to watch it again.

edit - it's on Prime. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.