Status
Not open for further replies.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Well, as we are discussing in the thread it seems we finally have another seemingly credible Smash leak that's worth bringing to greater attention.

This 4chan post nailed Hero's costumes in December 2018, as well as Banjo Kazooie and Joker, and hasn't been edited since.

The final characters, if this is true, would be
- Monster Hunter
- Doomguy

If anyone can debunk this, give it a shot!

Edit:
Just want to remind people where the source comes from. It was from wishlist thread so we doesn't know if it's a wishlist or a leak. Just want to air it here before people getting too hyped.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
It's not optimal, but I'd be down for Monster Hunter and Doom Slayer. That's 5/5 for DLC characters from games that I love.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would like both of them. I would prefer Professor Layton to MH in particular though.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
OOhh nice if the original Doomguy is the base skin

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
The new WoW expansion was leaked on 4chan too, that fucking website, anyway after the grinch leak, i question these leaks a little bit more, but doomguy & MH would be solid picks, just pls no more anime swordsman (& no MH isn't that, well kinda)

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In for Doomguy. Monster Hunter could be decent too if it's the MvC Infinite version.

Jan 29, 2018
Doom Guy would be cool, Monster Hunter customizable protagonist would be lame as hell.

If Phoenix Wright doesn't make it in they should just make him an amiibo anyway.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to Doomkirby

xCGJ4t5.jpg

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
This rumor sure is interesting because it's bringing to the table the Monster Hunter which wasn't really discussed the last few months, even if I'm not really fond of the idea since rathalos as a boss/AT is already the perfect representation of the serie imo.

But as I said on the Smash thread :

Back in december, almost no one even had insider infos about one DLC newcommer. But somehow, the type of people who would be willing to leak those infos online would be in the know for ALL of them, with specifics such as alts and shit ?
I'm not buying it.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I can see #5, but I would laugh so hard if #4 was true.
Why would you laugh? I ask sincerely, just wondering what the Smash community discussion has been around Monster Hunter potentially getting in.

No disrespect to the MH series but I can't think of a more boring character addition. I don't want any more RPG characters anyway but of all the additional capcom reps they could add, MH is the least interesting.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
I'm torn. Doomslayer would be a Big Deal™ but I feel he would hurt the chances of realizing our Master Chief dreams.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to remind people where the source comes from. It was from wishlist thread so we doesn't know if it's a wishlist or a leak. Just want to air it here before people getting too hyped.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you laugh? I ask sincerely, just wondering what the Smash community discussion has been around Monster Hunter potentially getting in.

No disrespect to the MH series but I can't think of a more boring character addition. I don't want any more RPG characters anyway but of all the additional capcom reps they could add, MH is the least interesting.
MH isnt a RPG.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
I just hope that if Doomguy makes it in he's called Doomguy and not Doomslayer. You can't change his name after 20+ years damn it!

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Doomguy would legitimately be the best thing ever

Especially if that means some Mick Gordon Smash arrangements

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah not buying it, Dragon Quest was a very safe bet and all of the characters are from the most popular/important games in the series. Figures that a dude like Papa Genos is treating it as if it's fact

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I want to believe. But I also want to say it wasn't super hard to guess Banjo and DQ Hero (and the popular costumes because of course it would be 3, 4, 8 and 11).

But also Doom deserves representation by being a cornerstone of gaming history and so does Monster Hunter. I found it a bit weird all MH got was a boss monster, which is quite a bit even for just a game without character rep.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Well, yeah, that's pretty convincing. A lot of things lining up. Crazy. I guess I'm ok with those additions but I'm not really hyped about them... I mean, BK is the GOAT already, so, I'm not too concerned about the remaining dlcs anyways.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Considering how many of those there were/are, statistically one person guessing right seems possible.

When did the Brave leak happen? Was it before or after this?

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah not buying it, Dragon Quest was a very safe bet and all of the characters are from the most popular/important games in the series. Figures that a dude like Papa Genos is treating it as if it's fact
DQV is literally getting a movie due to how popular it is yet the protagonist isn't playable.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Doomguy is almost too obvious, don't really buy Monster Hunter though. Can't imagine there's a lot of fanfare there.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I adore MH, but I was just "laughing" given the dissonance between the series' status vis a vis Nintendo right now, and then Nintendo choosing to feature them in their premier IP anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.