The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022

View: https://x.com/MAlbsimi/status/1844310455432642698
image.webp

Last edited:

Witchcraft

"This guy are sick"
Oct 9, 2022
I think it's obvious they're gearing up to be platform agnostic and a massive publisher rather than a platform holder. But it's not something they'll admit until later down the line like with almost everything else.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
Isolated regional withdrawal or something more?

Seems like negative news over and over for Xbox the last 6 months.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that must hurt because Saudi Arabia is investing into game companies.
Still, it's worrying and could show they won't stop there.

RezziHD_

Apr 28, 2022
Last time this rumour came up from the same guy. Jez said it was false. Guess we will be finding out who was right pretty soon…

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Just like 343, maybe they think the Xbox brand is tainted, and will rebrand to Microsoft Studios (I know) while selling the new consoles SurfaceBox X and the portable SurfaceBox S.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
What other countries carry Xbox officially in the Gulf? Just KSA or Qatar, UAE, Bahrain and Kuwait as well? I reckon if it's gone in KSA, it's also gone in other countries.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
As Sony is expanding into growing markets, Microsoft pulls back.

KSA may not be a big market, but Xbox needs every sold console at this point.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Soon there will be more countries that have a Microsoft Gaming Studio than countries that sell Xbox.
It's very close already, depending on how you count them.
www.xbox.com

Xbox Supported Countries & Regions | Xbox

Find a list of countries and regions where Xbox consoles, games, and services are supported.
According to their website, Xbox sells consoles in 41 countries. They have about 30 individually branded studios, but some of their regional variants should be probably be considered separately so you could plausibly reach 42. They definitely had more studios than retail console countries at the beginning of the year
What other countries carry Xbox officially in the Gulf? Just KSA or Qatar, UAE, Bahrain and Kuwait as well? I reckon if it's gone in KSA, it's also gone in other countries.
Only the UAE according to Xbox themselves.

www.xbox.com

Xbox Supported Countries & Regions | Xbox

Find a list of countries and regions where Xbox consoles, games, and services are supported.

Last edited:

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Man. The industry needs a strong Xbox brand. I don't like where all of this is going

Edit: OK OK, ignore my post if you disagree

Last edited:

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously think the next Xbox will be retail only at shops in USA, UK and select biggest EU markets like Germany, France, Poland etc.
Everywhere else will be either import hell or some weird direct MS order.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Man. The industry needs a strong Xbox brand. I don't like where all of this is going
It really doesn't, I say this as someone who owns a Series S and a PS5. Microsoft will still be heavily involved with games even if they stop making consoles between their game publishers/developers and their role in the pc market place. Even if you hyper focus on consoles, Nintendo and Sony are essentially in a league of their own with how much better they're selling compared to Xbox.

MuricaBob

Jun 28, 2023
ex box

as a day 1 og xbox owner this has been a sad decline. Hopefully the brand can survive for a cloud future in 10 years or something. I thought ABK would secure xbox for the future, not end it.