Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

The Rugrats gang is coming back in more ways than one. Nickelodeon has revealed that the voice cast behind the original 1991 animated series will reprise their roles for the revival show at Paramount+.

Returning to voice the iconic cartoon toddlers are E.G. Daily (Tommy Pickles), Nancy Cartwright (Chuckie Finster), Cheryl Chase (Angelica Pickles), Cree Summer (Susie Carmichael) and Kath Soucie (Phil and Lil DeVille). The CG-reimagining of the beloved series follows the toddlers as they explore the world and beyond from their pint-sized and wildly imaginative point-of-view.

The all-new Rugrats is based on the series created by Arlene Klasky, Gabor Csupo and Paul Germain. Eryk Casemiro and Kate Boutilier are executive producers and Dave Pressler and Casey Leonard serve as co-executive producers, with Rachel Lipman as co-producer. Production is overseen by Mollie Freilich, Senior Manager, Current Series Animation, Nickelodeon.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that means Cree Summers coming back to keep them babies alive

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be really sad that a few of the original cast aren't here anymore. Still going to absolutely watch though. It's literally the show I grew up on.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Paramount+, it's 4 o'clock in the morning, why are you making so many announcements?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to use realistic lighting/shading, you know. It only makes the models look creepier.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Dude... that picture is creepy as fuck...
Maybe it will look better in motion? Who knows but that right there is the stuff of nightmares. Just look at Phil, his leering smile as his gaze lands on Tommy as if he wants to eat him.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda want that teenage rugrats they had back in the day lol. Connected to that a lot back when I was in high school.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Saw it say the original cast returns but then I wondered who would voice Chucky now that his original voice actor died.

Then I saw that Bart Simpson's voice actor is doing him. Havent heard them do his voice before so will be interesting to see if you can notice the difference in his voice.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
tumblr_mn9c1eU9Nn1rv9krco1_500.gif

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
I don't see a problem with the new CG. It looks nearly identical to how the original show was, I'm pretty pumped for this!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Saw it say the original cast returns but then I wondered who would voice Chucky now that his original voice actor died.

Then I saw that Bart Simpson's voice actor is doing him. Havent heard them do his voice before so will be interesting to see if you can notice the difference in his voice.
Also Stu. :(

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Will Mark Mothersbaugh be involved with the music???

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho

she voiced Chuckie in the later seasons of the show.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost morbidly interested. Rugrats was one of those series that just kept on going and going in some form. The early seasons are great stuff and I have little faith they can recapture the magic.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Wow they look cursed. Kinda wished they continued Hey Arnold! after where the new movie left off instead.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes they went with such a boring, straight forward lighting style on the art. Hope it's just a bad shot.