• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
That's a fine job from them. I hope I can get to play Resonance of Fate in 4K in the near future, the game would surely look stunning with this resolution.

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
It's crazy to think that in a year or two this won't really be exclusive anymore. Being able to play it on anything but a PlayStation will eliminate all that. I guess that's already a thing with PSNow. It's just that PSNow is awful. *shrugs*

Mar 23, 2018
It seems like emulators will be the way to play some glorious games at a 21:9(ultrawide) aspect ratio, so bring it on!

EAGames

Feb 15, 2018
It's crazy to think that in a year or two this won't really be exclusive anymore. Being able to play it on anything but a PlayStation will eliminate all that. I guess that's already a thing with PSNow. It's just that PSNow is awful. *shrugs*

I agree. If you can play the game (or any game) on anything other than its "exclusive" platform, it's not exclusive.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
My gosh, this is insane!

This is from the Discord server:
The time has finally come! After a lot of hard work, RPCS3 finally takes The Last of Us Ingame!
You may have seen a few videos of people managing to go Ingame previously during the past days with very slow performance (1-3 FPS) and broken graphics. However, recent WIP overhaul of SPU ASMJIT Recompiler by @Neko teki ⁿᵃⁿ° and several RSX graphical and performance improvements by @kd-11, not only make the game display better, but also improve performance by a lot as the game can now reach double digit FPS.

Of course, the game is still not Playable, but this is a huge landmark in getting what is very likely the most complex PS3 game to work, and it's amazing it's working this well already at the stage we're in.

I have no words, the RPCS3 developers are marvelous!

Red Alert

Banned
Mar 25, 2018

It's just that your internet connection is awful but whatever.

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
It's just that your internet connection is awful but whatever.

MucBDgC.png

I mean it's nice to just make things up. Shut that dumb shit up, son lol

Wizzly

Jan 10, 2018
User Warned - Platform Warring Drive-by
Considering the master race price to be able to run RCPS3 and the game smooth at 60 fps, better buy a second hand PS4 and the game.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Impressive they have it working.

Really bad framerate/lighting issues still. Hopefully in a few months it will become stable.

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
MucBDgC.png

I mean it's nice to just make things up. Shut that dumb shit up, son lol

What is the problem exactly ?

You can easily get 1000/100 Internet nowdays in most countries. Not sure what you are getting at but he even provided the Result ID and a photo. Highly doubt he would edit the results just to brag.

Might be time for you to step out of your PC and go for a walk my friend

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
What is the problem exactly ?

You can easily get 1000/100 Internet nowdays in most countries. Not sure what you are getting at but he even provided the Result ID and a photo. Highly doubt he would edit the results just to brag.

Might be time for you to step out of your PC and go for a walk my friend

What?

Those are MY results lol

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GOAL: MGS4 please. I dont even see it in any of the compatibility lists yet. I NEED to play through that game again

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Do not check recommended videos if you care about God of war spoilers God damn it

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
That 30 frames per week, tho.

By time summer hits, I wouldn't be surprised if this ran at full speed.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
hrfrsw2.png

I'm honestly not sure of the location they ping, but this result was quite a bit better.

Solid stats, no bufferbloat thresholds though. They are good site for testing. I usually like seeing people stats cause it will show problems one end or another. Yet your latency held like butter from what it seems.

Just hit view stats and it will show you jitter min and max on each of the first 3 test. I'm always interested in seeing how high bandwidth users deal with the issues some do better varying on their ISP backbone others get screwed.

Nasty ass download gain, your isp insane if the HOPS don't suck.

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
Solid stats, no bufferbloat thresholds though. They are good site for testing. I usually like seeing people stats cause it will show problems one end or another. Yet your latency held like butter from what it seems.

Just hit view stats and it will show you jitter min and max on each of the first 3 test. I'm always interested in seeing how high bandwidth users deal with the issues some do better varying on their ISP backbone others get screwed.

Nasty ass download gain, your isp insane if the HOPS don't suck.

4V8noX5.png

Daschiel

Oct 28, 2017
Crazy fast and good too, considering TLOU is one of the last great games for ps3. On a side note that video literally shows you spoiler videos for god of war ps4 as suggestions. Spoiler people beware.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Last of Us was barely able to get 2fps in the menu not too far back. They are moving so incredibly fast with this emulator.

Deleted member 26104

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And people still give Sony a free pass on BC by saying that the PS3 is impossible to emulate lol.

What these people have done is amazing. Reverse engineering one of the most complex consoles and CPUs of all time with literally no documentation or inside knowledge.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Hang on, I am confused. People keep saying that it's hard to emulate the PS3 which is why we don't have BC for PS4. Yet, there is a PS3 emulator.