Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Final Reminder!

December 1st, 2020 is coming in fast and the Rock Band 3 Export to Rock Band 4 will come to an end. To acquire the export, follow the instructions below for each system

------------------------------------------------------
Xbox One S|X & Xbox Series S|X
Does not require ownership of Rock Band 3 or Rock Band 4 to redeem. Simply use the link below. If you purchase Rock Band 4 down the road, you'll have the export available in your "Ready to Install"

Rock Band 3 Export Key - $14.99 (Exports 80+ songs to Rock Band 4)

------------------------------------------------
PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 5
Requires to have played Rock Band 3 on the same profile that you'll be purchasing the export. If you've played it before, go to the Music Store in Rock Band 4 > Exports > It will check your eligibility and it can be purchased from there. Same price $14.99. If you haven't played Rock Band 3 on that PSN account, you MUST use a PlayStation 3 and a copy of Rock Band 3 to register your account to be eligible for the export.

Technically it's supposed to be the same way on the Xbox, but the Microsoft Store skips that and just lets you purchase it.

--------------------------------------
Rock Band Export FAQ

What is not exportable as of November, 2020?

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Rock Band Green Day (However, all songs can be purchased as DLC)
- Rock Band Lego
- Rock Band: The Beatles (Never offered an export)
- Rock Band Blitz

What is exportable as of November, 2020?

Xbox

- Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2 (Cheap on eBay $10-$12)
- Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack
- Rock Band Metal Track Pack
- Rock Band Country Track Pack
- Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 (Rarest one and can get price, $40-$80 for a new copy)
- Rock Band AC/DC (LIVE) Track Pack (You can buy a code on eBay for $5-7 USD)
- Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks*
- Red Hot Chili Peppers 5 Song Pack DLC**

PlayStation

- Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2
- Rock Band AC/DC (LIVE) Track Pack

Note: All of the Rock Band Track Packs include a code on the back of the manual that can be redeemed, after redeeming it. The songs will be available as DLC for Rock Band 4. Apparently even though those track packs were also available on PlayStation, the codes no longer work on PSN. with the exception of those two.

You can still acquire some of the songs from the delisted exports through Rock Band Rewind.

*Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks is NOT the full Rock Band 2 Export. This is a Bonus Track Pack included free with copies of Rock Band 2. The only way to currently acquire this to purchase a new copy of the UK version of Rock Band 2. The US version had a code that had to be redeemed on the Rock Band website and that website is no longer available. The UK version of Rock Band 2 includes the full 25 digit code. Those codes can be redeemed on any Xbox account. (If you're in the US, switch your Xbox to the UK > Redeem the code on the Xbox store > Switch back to the US). I recently did this about a week ago on my US account, using the UK code and it worked just fine. All 20 songs are delisted.

**This was included on some of the Rock Band 3 instrument bundles, this one is very rare to find, but as of this year it still works if you manage to get a code.

Here's the setlist for the Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks

Artist, Song

The 88 "Sons and Daughters"
Authority Zero "No Regrets"
Between the Buried and Me "Prequel To The Sequel"
The Cab "Bounce"
The Chevelles "Get It On"
The Cocktail Slippers "Give It To Me"
Dealership "Database Corrupted"
Endeverafter "I Wanna Be Your Man"
The Ghost Hounds "Ashes To Fire"
Hollywood Undead "Young"
Kutless "The Feeling"
The Len Price 3 "If I Ain't Got You"
Lesley Roy "I'm Gone, I'm Going"
Opiate for the Masses "Burn You Down"
Semi-Precious Weapons "Magnetic Baby"
Shaimus "Like a Fool"
Thenewno2 "Crazy Tuesday"
Tickle Me Pink "The Time Is Wrong"
Underoath "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
X Japan "I.V."

If you're looking to get into Rock Band and you have no previous exports, go with PlayStation. It's cheaper to get into due to the adapter availability. Xbox requires some special adapters, which can make hardware expensive to acquire, specially if you want to use an electronic drumset like an Alesis Nitro Mesh etc, much cheaper on PlayStation. You can use a lot of the previous gear on PS4 & PS5, but on Xbox One and Xbox Series, you need to get a wireless legacy adapter (which is quite expensive, but if you already have older equipment, it may be the best way to go). If you acquire Rock Band 4 gear, you don't need the wireless legacy adapter, that's only if you have Xbox 360 Rock Band gear.

NOTE: If you're looking to use almost any Wii/X360/PS3 guitar on PS3, PS4 & PS5. Look into "Roll Limitless" they have some custom adapters that you could use. They have one for Xbox, but it still requires other adapters and if you're looking to use an ekit on Xbox, it can get very expensive.

RB4_CompatibilityChart_UPDATED2.png

If you want to check out what songs are available in game, go to Rock Band Database

If you have any questions, let me know!

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you have RB4 or plan on getting it soon, I highly suggest you get this export asap. You'll be sol on several classics.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, seems the Brook Wingman XB adapter can let you use some 360/PS3 guitars on Xbox One/Series X|S

Not sure if it works with the wireless stuff, since it uses the 360 wireless adapter for that.

I also exported 1 and 2 for use on 3, so does that work on 4?

Mush

Nov 1, 2017
Question: I saw a copy of RB3 on PS3 in a second-hand store the other week, in order to export to RB4 I'd first need to purchase RB4 yeah?

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that we also have an OT if you want to keep up on current DLC releases (yes, DLC is still being released weekly). There's also a complete list of rewinds, both for disc and Rock Band Network, in the OP.

www.resetera.com

Rock Band (Series) |OT| Welcome Home OT

Welcome to the ResetEra Official Thread for the Rock Band series! Most of the discussion here will be centering around the latest Rock Band release, Rock Band Rivals, an expansion to 2015's Rock Band 4, but feel free to use this thread to discuss past Rock Band games. Table of Contents This...

You can still acquire some of the songs from the delisted exports through Rock Band Rewind.
Just a heads up, that list is incomplete. It hasn't been updated since 2017.

the path of export for ps3 compared to xbox
F
They're supposed to be the same, but there's some weirdness on the Xbox side that allows you to circumvent having to buy it through the RB4 store, or having to validate a copy of RB3.

OP
OP
Hardvlade

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Rock Band (Series) |OT| Welcome Home OT

Welcome to the ResetEra Official Thread for the Rock Band series! Most of the discussion here will be centering around the latest Rock Band release, Rock Band Rivals, an expansion to 2015's Rock Band 4, but feel free to use this thread to discuss past Rock Band games. Table of Contents This...

Just a heads up, that list is incomplete. It hasn't been updated since 2017.

TIL, thanks for the heads up.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just remembered to claim this. I was cutting it close! Now to find some Xbox One instruments...

woodypop

Oct 27, 2017
Final Reminder!

December 1st, 2020 is coming in fast and the Rock Band 3 Export to Rock Band 4 will come to an end. To acquire the export, follow the instructions below for each system

Xbox One S|X & Xbox Series S|X
Does not require ownership of Rock Band 3 or Rock Band 4 to redeem. Simply use the link below. If you purchase Rock Band 4 down the road, you'll have the export available in your "Ready to Install"

Rock Band 3 Export Key - $14.99 (Exports 80+ songs to Rock Band 4)

PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 5
Requires to have played Rock Band 3 on the same profile that you'll be purchasing the export. If you've played it before, go to the Music Store in Rock Band 4 > Exports > It will check your eligibility and it can be purchased from there. Same price $14.99. If you haven't played Rock Band 3 on that PSN account, you MUST use a PlayStation 3 and a copy of Rock Band 3 to register your account to be eligible for the export.

Technically it's supposed to be the same way on the Xbox, but the Microsoft Store skips that and just lets you purchase it.

Rock Band Export FAQ

What is not exportable as of November, 2020?

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Rock Band Green Day (However, all songs can be purchased as DLC)
- Rock Band Lego
- Rock Band: The Beatles (Never offered an export)
- Rock Band Blitz

What is exportable as of November, 2020?

Xbox

- Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2 (Cheap on eBay $10-$12)
- Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack
- Rock Band Metal Track Pack
- Rock Band Country Track Pack
- Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 (Rarest one and can get price, $40-$80 for a new copy)
- Rock Band AC/DC (LIVE) Track Pack (You can buy a code on eBay for $5-7 USD)
- Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks*
- Red Hot Chili Peppers 5 Song Pack DLC**

PlayStation

- Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2
- Rock Band AC/DC (LIVE) Track Pack

Note: All of the Rock Band Track Packs include a code on the back of the manual that can be redeemed, after redeeming it. The songs will be available as DLC for Rock Band 4. Apparently even though those track packs were also available on PlayStation, the codes no longer work on PSN. with the exception of those two.

*Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks is NOT the full Rock Band 2 Export. This is a Bonus Track Pack included free with copies of Rock Band 2. The only way to currently acquire this to purchase a new copy of the UK version of Rock Band 2. The US version had a code that had to be redeemed on the Rock Band website and that website is no longer available. The UK version of Rock Band 2 includes the full 25 digit code. Those codes can be redeemed on any Xbox account. (If you're in the US, switch your Xbox to the UK > Redeem the code on the Xbox store > Switch back to the US). I recently did this about a week ago on my US account, using the UK code and it worked just fine. All 20 songs are delisted.

**This was included on some of the Rock Band 3 instrument bundles, this one is very rare to find, but as of this year it still works if you manage to get a code.

Here's the setlist for the Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks

Artist, Song

The 88 "Sons and Daughters"
Authority Zero "No Regrets"
Between the Buried and Me "Prequel To The Sequel"
The Cab "Bounce"
The Chevelles "Get It On"
The Cocktail Slippers "Give It To Me"
Dealership "Database Corrupted"
Endeverafter "I Wanna Be Your Man"
The Ghost Hounds "Ashes To Fire"
Hollywood Undead "Young"
Kutless "The Feeling"
The Len Price 3 "If I Ain't Got You"
Lesley Roy "I'm Gone, I'm Going"
Opiate for the Masses "Burn You Down"
Semi-Precious Weapons "Magnetic Baby"
Shaimus "Like a Fool"
Thenewno2 "Crazy Tuesday"
Tickle Me Pink "The Time Is Wrong"
Underoath "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
X Japan "I.V."

If you're looking to get into Rock Band and you have no previous exports, go with PlayStation. It's cheaper to get into due to the adapter availability. Xbox requires some special adapters, which can make hardware expensive to acquire, specially if you want to use an electronic drumset like an Alesis Nitro Mesh etc, much cheaper on PlayStation. You can use a lot of the previous gear on PS4 & PS5, but on Xbox One and Xbox Series, you need to get a wireless legacy adapter (which is quite expensive, but if you already have older equipment, it may be the best way to go). If you acquire Rock Band 4 gear, you don't need the wireless legacy adapter, that's only if you have Xbox 360 Rock Band gear.

NOTE: If you're looking to use almost any Wii/X360/PS3 guitar on PS3, PS4 & PS5. Look into "Roll Limitless" they have some custom adapters that you could use. They have one for Xbox, but it still requires other adapters and if you're looking to use an ekit on Xbox, it can get very expensive.

RB4_CompatibilityChart_UPDATED2.png

If you want to check out what songs are available in game, go to Rock Band Database

If you have any questions, let me know!
Thank you for the reminder, OP. I just bought the RB3 Export to RB4 from the Microsoft link.

I currently only play on the 360 (I don't have an Xbox One or Series). Just to confirm: if/when I buy RB4 and a Series X down the road, I'm good to redeem the export? Or do I actually need to redeem it by December 1st?

OP
OP
Hardvlade

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for the reminder, OP. I just bought the RB3 Export to RB4 from the Microsoft link.

I currently only play on the 360 (I don't have an Xbox One or Series). Just to confirm: if/when I buy RB4 and a Series X down the road, I'm good to redeem the export? Or do I actually need to redeem it by December 1st?

Correct! The way it works on Xbox, the export you bought just grants you ALL of the songs as DLC. So when you go to Rock Band 4 > Manage Game > Ready to Install, you'll see ALL of the Rock Band 3 songs as DLC.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Keep in mind if there ever is a rockband 5 (huge if) the exports will almost certainly be carried over to it as well.

OP
OP
Hardvlade

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So my only option is to purchase the Rivals bundle digitally on the PS Store it seems. There's no standalone version of RB4 available?

Correct, Rock Band 4 got delisted, you can either only get a physical copy, or get the Rivals bundle (which includes RB4). The Harmonix CM said there was a sale coming soon after Black Friday. So I'd hold off on picking up the Rivals Bundle. They may do a sale like early October $15 for the Rivals Bundle.