IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PivWxDUHlhw

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1337520/Risk_of_Rain_Returns/

Carefully designed, beautifully remastered, and loaded with new ways to play—Risk of Rain is back and better than ever! Dive into the iconic roguelike full of unique loot combinations, enhanced with new Survivors, overhauled multiplayer, fan favorite content from Risk of Rain 2, and more!

AN29oFx.jpg

lQDinPU.jpg

aBs2mKr.jpg

VQVxEHR.jpg

Last edited:

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Uhm, 2D Risk of Rain 2 it seems... Can get behinfd this tho. Hope there's discount and save transfers for us weirdos that have play hours in the triple digits.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Oh HELL yeah. RoR 1 and 2 have been my favorite roguelikes, this'll be a treat.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this version lets me stack 100+ barbed wires without breaking the game like the Playstation version of the original did.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
More indies should get remastered, hopefully this starts a trend.

RoR 1 is amazing and I don't see this being any different, what a fantastic game and announcement. This house of indies event sure is bringing some really quality stuff.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Could never get into 1. Guy was like 2 pixels tall and every enemy felt like a bullet sponge. Tried several times.

Didn't even give 2 a chance after.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Now this is certainly a pleasant surprise.. An early Christmas surprise. I'm excited!

I wanted to return to the OG Risk of Rain but setting up multiplayer is a pain in the butt so i'm glad this one has overhauled multiplayer. Very interested in the 2 new survivors too. Instawishlisted.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Some footage and info from Hopoo

• Updated codebase
  • All RoR1 content
  • 'Enhanced audio' + new music
  • Rebalances & tweaks
  • New survivors + existing ones have new abilities
  • New items, some from RoR2 and some unique
  • New enemies & interactables
  • New stage variants
  • New game mode
  • Revamped multiplayer
They also say Hopoo is the developer and has creative control of Risk of Rain Returns, with Gearbox publishing, and then Gearbox will develop + publish 'any potential future titles in the series'.

Last edited:

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I thought Hopoo Games was done with Risk of Rain and they sold it? Suprised this is coming out, maybe a last HURRAH before moving on.

Looks great, only played ROR2 but this sounds appealing.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
OMG. Risk of Rain is probably my second favorite game of all time, and my favorite rogue like by a mile. I love it so much. I like 2 a lot as well, but I still go back to 1 and just do some fun chill loops. So excited for this!

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
OMG. Risk of Rain is probably my second favorite game of all time, and my favorite rogue like by a mile. I love it so much. I like 2 a lot as well, but I still go back to 1 and just do some fun chill loops. So excited for this!

Haha your excitement is infectious, love it.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I thought Hopoo Games was done with Risk of Rain and they sold it? Suprised this is coming out, maybe a last HURRAH before moving on.

Looks great, only played ROR2 but this sounds appealing.
I don't think they ever said they were done with it and Gearbox just owns the IP now. Could be wrong now.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Lame, want a new game or the FUCKING UPDATE 🙄

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Hoping for a discount if I own the first game... Anyway excited to see what they cook, the original is already amazing on Switch (and boots fast as lightning, you're in-game from the Switch home screen in like 5 seconds)

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I am in for the new content and balance changes. RoR1 still looks great to so otherwise I wouldn't be that interested.

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
This game has always looked so visually off putting to me with such a pulled back camera and everything looking so small on screen.

But I like rouguelikes so I might have to check this version out.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Oooh! I liked RoR2 but didn't enjoy it as much as 1.

The style and pixel art in 1 was so sharp I'll definitely pick this up!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Loved RoR 1 but I just can't get into 2 (always have trouble finding the teleporter gate), plus I don't enjoy shooters that much so more of 1 is good news to me.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I bought RoR2 a while back and couldn't get into it. I'm not sure why because it feels polished and I've enjoyed plenty of other rroguelikes.

Never played 1 before.

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
I 100% the first on steam, but i will surely buy this remaster on switch because it has multiplayer( maybe even a LAN mode!:))
So it has automatically more value on eshop for the single purchase 2 copies feature(also with LAN mode it doesn't need the online subscription)...
I loved 1 back then but i always wanted to play it with my SO and now i will finally do it, quite happy about it:)

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Another 125+ hours, coming right up.

Fuck yeah. RoR1 is one of my absolute favs.

Can get behind this.
Exactly. I don't even care what they charge. I put more hours into 2 but I feel like 1 was more memorable and felt like a longer time. Might have been the co-op memories I have from 1 that aren't possible with 2...but I am all for more RoR.

I 100% the first on steam, but i will surely buy this remaster on switch because it has multiplayer( maybe even a LAN mode!:))
So it has automatically more value on eshop for the single purchase 2 copies feature(also with LAN mode it doesn't need the online subscription)...
I loved 1 back then but i always wanted to play it with my SO and now i will finally do it, quite happy about it:)
You always could do multiplayer in the first game on PC, it was just fiddly and you had to open ports on your router and such.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Loved Risk of Rain 2, and wanted to play the first one, but was undecided. This rerelease solves my doubts about the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Some footage and info from Hopoo

• Updated codebase
  • All RoR1 content
  • 'Enhanced audio' + new music
  • Rebalances & tweaks
  • New survivors + existing ones have new abilities
  • New items, some from RoR2 and some unique
  • New enemies & interactables
  • New stage variants
  • New game mode
  • Revamped multiplayer
They also say Hopoo is the developer and has creative control of Risk of Rain Returns, with Gearbox publishing, and then Gearbox will develop + publish 'any potential future titles in the series'.

Is this the same animation studio that handles the Hades 1/2 and Hyper Light Breaker teasers (Studio Grackle)? It looks like their style

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Can the this game (or the second) go on gamepass or some shit?

Dayum