Dec 2, 2017
Two people have died and at least one other person has been wounded in a stabbing in Nice, French reports say.
Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi said that one person had been arrested.
He said everything pointed to a "terrorist attack at the heart of the Notre-Dame basilica".
The interior minister appealed to people to avoid the area in the centre of the French Riviera city. Gérald Darmanin said he was convening a crisis meeting at the ministry in Paris.
According to French reports, a woman and a man had died in the attack and the suspect was detained 10 minutes later before being taken to hospital.
A minute's silence was held in the National Assembly, where Prime Minister Jean Castex had just been giving details of lockdown measures coming into force on Thursday night.
"Without question this is a very serious new challenge that is striking our country," he said, appealing for unity and cohesion.

www.bbc.co.uk

France attack: Three killed in 'Islamist terrorist' stabbings

President Macron says France will not give up its values after the attack at the Notre-Dame basilica.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
This comes after a French teacher was beheaded recently...

www.reuters.com

Tunisian man beheads woman, kills two more people in Nice church

A knife-wielding Tunisian man shouting "Allahu Akbar" (God is Greatest) beheaded a woman and killed two other people in a church in the French city of Nice on Thursday before being shot and taken away by police.

NICE, France (Reuters) - An attacker with a knife killed three people, including a woman who was decapitated, at a church in the French city of Nice on Thursday, police said, in an incident the city's mayor described as terrorism.

Mayor Christian Estrosi said on Twitter the knife attack had happened in or near the city's Notre Dame church and that police had detained the attacker.

Police said two people were confirmed to have died in the attack and several were injured.

A police source said a woman was decapitated. French politician Marine Le Pen also spoke of a decapitation having occurred in the attack.

The attack comes while France is still reeling from the beheading earlier this month of French middle school teacher Samuel Paty in Paris by a man of Chechen origin.

The attacker had said he wanted to punish Paty for showing pupils cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad in a civics lesson.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Sigh another one.

RIP to the victims.

World would be so much better without so many idiots going crazy.

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
This is scaring me shitless. I live about 15 mins from where it happened.

Usually on the street they have patrols roaming with rifles so I'm hoping they were close by at least.

dryz

Oct 30, 2017
Seems like typical day in France lately I'm afraid. This is not going to end well for anyone.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. It's just so gruesome too, an absolutely bestial way of killing someone. Decapitating someone with a knife. I just can't.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
All this over an image of a prophet. These assholes are fucking snowflakes who are weak minded.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
No beheading of anyone as been confirmed for the moment. A woman is said to have had her throat slit, but no beheading confirmed. There is confirmation of 3 dead and a few more injured while the attacker got arrested, that is all for now.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
No beheading of anyone as been confirmed for the moment. A woman is said to have had her throat slit, but no beheading confirmed. There is confirmation of 3 dead and a few more injured while the attacker got arrested, that is all for now.
Police confirmed one woman was beheaded according to this france24 journalist

Oct 27, 2017
It's happening again god damn it

May the victims rest in peace and their loved ones get through this. Fuck the person who did this. Piece of shit.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Police confirmed one woman was beheaded according to this france24 journalist

I would'nt fully trust twitter on this sort of details so soon after the event. For now i stick to official reports and none is confirming any beheading. For the moment at the very least.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Time to sever all relationships with countries crying for a ban on French products. If you stand behind religious extremism, we don't want anything to do with you.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
This is absolutely horrible. France needs to step up its efforts to combat religious extremists.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
All of this over a fucking religion. Over a fucking cartoon. Religious extremism of all kinds is a blight on this planet

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Fucking horrible. Not only are innocent people dead, this will feed into the violent loop of religious extremism and fascism. A lot more innocent people will suffer because of this. May we one day collectively employ enough critical thinking that we don't have to deal with assholes thinking gods want them to do shit. Fuck everything about this.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
This is absolutely horrible. France needs to step up its efforts to combat religious extremists.
France has been fighting against extremism for a very long time. Everyone knows that today's attack is not a first, horrible events like this one have taken place in France for years. But intelligence and security forces can not have eyes and ears absolutely everywhere at all times. Something that almost no media talks about: many, many attack attempts have been prevented over the years (I'm talking about hundreds, if not thousands), but like I said, not every one of them can be avoided unfortunately.

jolenar

Apr 2, 2019
Fuck the political and religous leaders that enables this shit.

The #boycottfrance clowns and several muslim leaders fueled this attack, intentionally or not

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
The #boycottfrance clowns
This aint it. What happened to the teacher and this is horrible and indefensible, but it's not like France doesnt have any problems with Islamophobia that can be criticized like Macrons comments about Islam being a religion "in crisis" worldwide. Or the stabbing of two Muslim women shortly after the beheading.

Edit: See my further posts for clarification please, no need to keep quoting this when it's discussed to a finish already.

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
This aint it. What happened to the teacher and this is horrible and indefensible, but it's not like France doesnt have any problems with Islamophobia that can be criticized. Like the stabbing of two Muslim women shortly after the beheading.
Erdogan didn't care about that, he cared about the cartoons.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking horrible. Not only are innocent people dead, this will feed into the violent loop of religious extremism and fascism. A lot more innocent people will suffer because of this. May we one day collectively employ enough critical thinking that we don't have to deal with assholes thinking gods want them to do shit. Fuck everything about this.

This is sadly immediately where my mind went.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Holy shit, this is going to keep on happening isn't it, it's just going to be revenge, revenge, revenge ad nauseum.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I hope Muslims will be just as loud in condemning this horrible, disgusting act, as they have been in regards to freaking drawings of what they, at the exception of many others, consider to be sacred. And before any professional outraged member decides to jump on me, let me clarify that I am a Moroccan Muslim. I am absolutely ashamed by what some Muslims have committed, said and done, and just as horrified by the lack of response of the larger so-called Muslim Umma, which has never had a proper and thoughtful discussion about some of the dogmas that are held true and unchallengeable. The worm of violence is without the shadow of a doubt still alive and well in the giant rotten apple that close to two billion people are chewing on, day in, day out. The problem is that it takes a dose of realism, humility and intelligence to reconsider much of what we deem holy and unalterable, and very few Muslims appear to be open to ingest a few drops, if at all. Pretty dire state of affairs.
Fuck the killers; Fuck those who remain silent in the face of such barbarism; and a big Fuck you to the rulers in the Arab and Muslim world -and the religious leading figures- who capitalize on what anyone with a functioning brain would find a natural reaction to tragedies -such as this one- in order to divert the herd's attention from the real issues at hand, and have them bask in the eternal victims and persecuted role...
This is properly maddening.

Last edited: