Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
We've known it's been a ways off when they said they restarted development with a different studio..

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I believe it. This game might even be a BOTW style Switch/Switch 2 cross-gen launch game.

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to think that most on this board didn't really understand what 'started development over from scratch' meant. :p

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Why are people surprised ? It rebooted like 6 months ago lmao

Art ain't really the first priority when you start to create a game anyway, it's not surprising.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
We knew already that the game was years off. It just restarted development entirely after all. Don't expect to see this next year (or even the year after that).

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I want to make a barbecue joke but this is just oof.

At least Metroid 5 seems to be happening...?

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
We already knew they just restarted development from scratch, don't know why people are surprised they're still hiring for development.
We'll probably see this game release in 3 years or so.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Well duh. It's still in planning stage. Full development won't begin until at least next year.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Didn't they only just recently move the project to Retro Studios a little while back, like within the last year? I think from that it would be resnable to assume they are in the very early stages of development. My completely faceless and uneducated guess is that they were working on prototypes and the like for how the game would play and now that they have a clearer image of what they want the prodject to play like they can start worrying about the visual aspect.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man these Retro 'updates' are depressing. Why torture yourselves?

Wish I could block all threads with "Retro Studios" in the title as everytime I'm reminded that MP4 is at least 3 years off.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
2022 is the earliest we will play this game. Showing at E3 2021 is the most I'm going to hope for :( pls drop the HD trilogy soon

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone coming in with their game development knowledge:

200.gif

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
This should be the launch title for Nintendo's next console. I'm disappointed but at this point I want this to be the best thing possible on much more powerful hardware.

Jan 11, 2018
I thought this was common knowledge. I wonder why they just dont promote someone from within. They have several artists there that worked on the Prime games.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So at this point it's clear MP4 will set Nintendo's longest record for time between announcement and release.

With that being said, I don't think this means they just started. Retro was announced as the developer six months ago.