Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Available for free to owners of Resident Evil Village, Resident Evil RE:Verse is a survival revenge battle game in which two-to-six players fight to the death.
Familiar characters and terrifying creatures from the Resident Evil series clash in high-stakes battles where death is not the end.

The game is still a free bonus for anyone who had picked up Resident Evil: Village or those who are going to grab the Gold Edition that launches on the 28th (same day as the full Re:Verse release). For those folk who have access you will be able to play a preview of the game from October 23 to 25 which will feature cross-play between the various platforms.

Capcom also showed off the high-level roadmap for future Re:Verse content:
6lNZldX.png

Drakey

Apr 19, 2019
So this is a PVE game?
Wasn't this originally a PVP game?
Kinda like what I am seeing tbh.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Still doesn't look great but at least they got rid of that hideous cartoon filter they had over it.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Is "More Coming!" when they shut it down?

I think RE:sistance had a little more than what the initial roadmap promised, but not that much more.

So this is a PVE game?
Wasn't this originally a PVP game?
Kinda like what I am seeing tbh.

They didn't say anything, but it still looks like a PVP game. Remember, if you die, you become a monster (and we see that includes lycans in this trailer, I think).

Oct 27, 2017
Listen, I've never played Fortnight or PubG. Truth be told, I'm not even sure what a Battle Royale may be other than a DM or TDM with a bunch of players.

Stating ALL OF THAT, I still want to say FOR ME, and I know I'm probably wrong, but who gives a fuck about DM/TDM in 2022? And I know the answer is certainly millions and this will probably be a big hit somehow, but I don't know how you could possibly make, on accident, a more boring interpretation of Resident Evil.

Man, that mode they had with RE3 Remake, if they'd committed to that shit, would have been rad in my estimation. But, I also say that as a guy who never got to play the Outbreak games, which I'm sure were very special.

Hell, I'd have loved Raid Mode like in Revelations 2.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
All they need to do for an online success is to remake the Outbreak concept to something more ambitious and Capcom will have fans happy. These trend chasing attempts is not doing anyone any favors.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Cool that this is finally coming out.
Of course, it doesn't look that great, but it might be fun to try out, I hope it's good. I also hope Capcom eventually succeeds at releasing a good MP resident Evil game one day. I feel like they confusingly keep trying and failing, but the RE universe could be awesome for MP if done right.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think I may actually enjoy this at least for a week or two. Just being able to play as Jack and Nemy is enough for me and it's been a while since I've played a basic deathmatch game.

It's still baffling to me that they refuse to do a standalone mercenaries game (that's not just on 3DS for fucks sake). I swear that will be massive.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Aye, I also wish they did a standalone Mercenaries game. I've been saying for years that I'll gladly take an up-res of The Mercenaries 3D. Give me something Capcom; anything! (Except for RE8 Mercenaries. Not interested in that.)

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
All they need to do for an online success is to remake the Outbreak concept to something more ambitious and Capcom will have fans happy. These trend chasing attempts is not doing anyone any favors.

I tried to manifest this but no dice. :(

There was Outbreak in the Nvidia leak but it's MIA right now.

I really, really want Outbreak back. It's the best spin off in the series.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
All they need to do is take Tarkov and give it an RE theme. Traders are the organisations and you go into exclusion zone to get shit.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I wish they'd just transitioned into something co-op focused. That could have been such an easy W.

Yeah, same.

At the very least that would have been me and a buddy jumping in to give it a shot, but as it is I'm not certain I even care.

i guess it won't hurt to try it out, but ehhhhh. With such a crowded release schedule it's hard to care.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I was convinced this got canned since it more or less disappeared for a year, but I guess not. It's still not Outbreak, so my interest is near 0.

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
The only way I would be interested in this is if it had a PvE mode. I really wish they would stop trying to make PvP Resident Evil a thing.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
A year later and it looked exactly the same? I can't imagine it will play much different. I feel like I've been screaming this into the nether for years now, but they already have the perfect multiplayer mode for Resident Evil and it's called Raid Mode. Just do that with levels spanning the entire franchise and characters and you have a winner.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't look particularly great still but say "Resident Evil" and "crossplay" in the same sentence and you get my attention. Not to mention I technically already own so; I'll give it a fair shake with some friends.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Wild that this was supposed to be playable when Village launched and it got delayed till now.

No harm in trying it I guess, might as well see if I can get the achievements before the player base inevitably craters.

Kind of curious to see the characters and costumes as well. Looks they added one of those Wolfpack dudes from 8 and you can get Leon's RE6 costume.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Sadly we don't know the specific dates for the updates, because they are promoting content that apparently isn't gonna be available on day 1.

There are some pictures of alternate costumes going around, they've been datamined from the game.

Nov 1, 2017
Does this use the RE engine? The action in the trailers looks so choppy in this game compared to what I expect from RE. If this game could just have the same game feel as RE2 it could be a lot of fun.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious what 3 survivors they will release later.

Maybe one is Ethan (Blah) but they would need to drop their stupid no face rule so who knows.