Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Confirmed on the PS Blog here:
blog.playstation.com

First PS VR2 footage for Resident Evil 4 VR Mode revealed

Experience the ultimate immersion with the free DLC for the PS5 version of Resident Evil 4, with PlayStation VR2

Relevant quote:

"Resident Evil 4 VR Mode is a free DLC for the PlayStation 5 version of the game. Take on Leon's grueling mission as the full main story will be playable with PlayStation VR2."

Gameplay footage from the PSVR2 version:

View: https://youtu.be/E_s9Ch6c4z0

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Hope we get it this year. RE8 was stunning in VR. This should be even better.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Pleased to see this confirmed. Glad I waited to buy this, RE8 was awesome at ps vr2 launch.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Megaton.

100% day 1 for me.

Psvr2 would be worth it for this alone.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
The heck does this look so good on PSVR2? Looks even better than Village...Frankly I thought it looked better than the non VR console version I am playing.

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't care about VR but this is kinda lame to restrict to one platform for those that do. I'd love a first person mode though.

Apparently there is a mod (maybe already available) for PC that will have VR support for first person view in the future. It currently appears to support third person view now.

mixed-news.com

A VR Mod is already live for the Resident Evil 4 Remake

The newly remastered version of Resident Evil 4 just launched a few days ago, and a VR mod is already available.

They got this VR mode done really fast because they had just finished making the VR mod for the original title.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
best news all day, can't wait for this. just need confirmation it's coming out this year.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
the showing from a vr standpoint was dire, but i fucking love re4 remake, already spent like 100+ hours on it and im ready to do hundred more in vr.

LordFlash

Mar 24, 2023
I feel like this is one "horror" game I could handle in VR lol. I wouldnt even touch RE7 cause I am too fucking terrified.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I hope we get a RE7, 8, 4 VR bundle for PSVR2 in teh fall. If I was Sony, I would get CApcom to do RE2 and 3 also.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ill buy it for... well nothing at all since its a free update. Capcom kicking all the ass as usual. RE4 REmake is amazing. RE4 in VR was amazing. REmake 4 in VR as the whole game is gonna be.. well you get the point. I still need to really get stuck into 8 VR.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
One of the very few highlights of the show and some legit reason to own a PSVR2 - Hope this ends up with RE 7 getting a port too.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
RE7 for the PSVR was like the one reason to own that hardware from personal experience, so if you have like $500 to buy a PSVR2 this will probably be the one killer app on the system.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
since sony themselves seem to be doing jackshit with the psvr2, pay capcom to port over re7 too please

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see its the full version, now to have a decent sale on the game between now and release!

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Capcom still showing everyone else how it's done. It's going to be so great, a must-play VR experience for sure.

I didn't know there was a mod for it on PC, that's good to hear.

It's not as advanced as the PS VR2 releases in terms of all the new gameplay features on the official releases (RE8 on VR2 > PC VR), but it's nice there's something.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Wish we had a date but full game being confirmed is great to hear. RE4's campaign is massive, must be a helluva undertaking to port this to VR compared to Village and RE7. Capcom just nails their VR ports so no worries here, but I need it yesterday.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
I feel like this is one "horror" game I could handle in VR lol. I wouldnt even touch RE7 cause I am too fucking terrified.

Im playing the quest version of re4 and I'm weirdly finding it more scary. I think it's the move controllers and standing - feels more immersive and panicky when you're getting mobbed. 7 is more jump scary and tense but less 'terror' for me anyway

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017