Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

View: https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/1752582531659214929?t=vCiwTxZQXfrmbEH5SAEJFg&s=19

GFJsBmsbgAA7GGQ.jpg%3Alarge

SOURCE

for comparison's sake, other games (copies sold) in the same period:

RE:2 - 5.8M

VILLAGE - 5.7M

RE7 - 4.8M

RE:3 - 3.6M

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spectacular to hear, completely deserving of every sale.

Capcom is being rewarded by their stance on simultaneous multiplatform releases, including PC.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
As someone that never played the original I absolutely loved it all the way through, what a joy to play this was.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
the true GOTY, was pretty much the only reason i bought a PSVR2 as well and i regret nothing

OP
OP
Blackbird

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if its downhill or uphill from here for the remakes side of things. I guess uphill if RE5R is next and has co-op.
But if its CV... 🤔

Oct 27, 2017
Great to hear and well deserved. 4 remains my favorite one in the franchise and I consider to be one of the greatest games ever.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
One day I really need to sit down and try this. I love the character designs of RE, but have never convinced myself to try it.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
They really came through on this one, it's a 10/10 GOAT contender, just like the original. Glad to see their efforts rewarded.

greenbird

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Deserved. It made me love RE4 for the first time. I can't think of many remakes of anything that changed my mind around that much compared to the original. It also reinforces how disappointing it was that the RE3 remake didn't get the same level of care.

Oct 27, 2017
Fully deserved. Capcom is currently the best developer when it comes to remakes and they deserve every sale.

If they remake CV or RE5 next I am here for it.

Raggen

Oct 7, 2019
Of course, it's the best game in the series and one of the best games of all time. An incredible reimagining of the original.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at chapter 9 in VR and that game is absolutely phenomenal, hadn't played it since the original Cube days and it mostly feels like an entirely new game because I have forgotten so many things, lol.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Capcom has been on such a big roll that I genuinely can't imagine what is going to stop them. There has to be something that'll kill their success until their eventual return. That's how it usually goes with this kind of stuff. When is Capcom going to reach their peak and when will the profits go down and games start to underperform and flop?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
This is why they'll likely put out re5 remake next and not CV or RE1. No way they'll pass up on the opportunity to prioritize remaking an action coop shooter with re4 remake's gameplay.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
This is why they'll likely put out re5 remake next and not CV or RE1. No way they'll pass up on the opportunity to prioritize remaking an action coop shooter with re4 remake's gameplay.

I hope RE5 also gets some of that spookier sauce RE4 got. And RE6 is the biggest ? because it actually needs to be remade completly for some parts because they just arent good.

Emwitus

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 28, 2018

for comparison's sake, other games (copies sold) in the same period:

RE:2 - 5.8M

VILLAGE - 5.7M

RE7 - 4.8M

RE:3 - 3.6M

That's why you will always have remasters but also why I don't gate those coming out. Konami sitting on a gold mine with mgs series as I believe the gameplay on that deserves a remake from a graphical and animation point of view the technical part is there by the master KoJima. last Of us 2 animations plus msg 4 / mgs 3 is the perfect match but will never happen :-(

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent remake gets excellent sales. I still wish 3 got a more faithful remake like this (no I wont drop it lol, it could have been even better), but 2 and 4 have been amazing recent remakes, no surprise Capcom aint stopping here, why would they when they sell so well. Wish more studios would put half as much effort into remaking their games as Capcom does.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Unless they completely rework Alfred, no thanks. We really don't need a major game that connects trans people/crossdressing with mental illness. It's not something I expect them to handle well. It certainly wasn't in the original.

Capcom would obviously make major changes to Alfred. No reason to believe they wouldn't.

Both RE5 and C:V will require changes due to problematic elements.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Understandable but not, in my opinion, preferable. Had way more fun with RE2R. Capcom will repeat history and take the same wrong lessons from the success of RE4 (again) and turn the series into even more dumb action schlock (than it already is) instead of dialing back to horror.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Understandable but not, in my opinion, preferable. Had way more fun with RE2R. Capcom will repeat history and take the same wrong lessons from the success of RE4 (again) and turn the series into even more dumb action schlock (than it already is) instead of dialing back to horror.

Imo they made RE4 way more horror than its OG version. Yeah the campy action sometimes comes through, but mostly it seems like a logical evolution. But yeah RE5R will ultimately show how they view it.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Capcom has been on such a big roll that I genuinely can't imagine what is going to stop them. There has to be something that'll kill their success until their eventual return. That's how it usually goes with this kind of stuff. When is Capcom going to reach their peak and when will the profits go down and games start to underperform and flop?

Dragon's Dogma 2