Superman starting out on a budget was interesting
action_comics_vol_2_1.jpg

look at what they did to my boy Warblade, Jim Lee knows better
72.jpg

A little busy but i fucks with new Firestorms
furyoffirestorm1cover.jpg

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
Please delete this. I just want to be able to forget. PLEASE just let me forget.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like red Beast Boy, since there's "The Red" for animals and "The Green" for plants. Makes sense he'd be red, even if it would never actually stick.

And honestly jeans-and-boots Superman is a GOAT costume for him, didn't last nearly long enough and the DC You version wasn't nearly as good.

New 52 Red Robin is a LITTLE overdesigned, but I like the overall spirit. Definitely an upper-tier Tim Drake outfit.

41x45qkakot51.jpg

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like red Beast Boy, since there's "The Red" for animals and "The Green" for plants. Makes sense he'd be red, even if it would never actually stick.

And honestly jeans-and-boots Superman is a GOAT costume for him, didn't last nearly long enough and the DC You version wasn't nearly as good.

New 52 Red Robin is a LITTLE overdesigned, but I like the overall spirit. Definitely an upper-tier Tim Drake outfit.

41x45qkakot51.jpg
Yeah I liked the more tactical look for Tim. But maybe keep the red, yellow, and green color scheme.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
thats just femto, smh

same pose and everything

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm weird because I don't mind the jeans and tee look lol

Not as an official costume but I don't hate casual supes.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Why was Beast Boy Red again? Like I never understood that change.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020

41x45qkakot51.jpg
Besides maybe the stuff on the legs, I like this. Definitely better than him still just being Robin.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also like trucker hat Roy Harper. He looks like a douchebag, but he is kind of a douchebag, so it works!

Wz24NDo.png

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Bane looked legit as fuck in New 52 because they gave him his Nolan design, which was already great, but kept his traditional mask:

623e7c77461edbbebc3b98979dd71378.jpg

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
new 52 made me stop reading DC

so I'd prefer not to
New 52 dropped the ball a lot. It wasn't long before everybody knew the runs were not going to survive a lot of issues.

I didn't mind the look. Superman in jeans was really the only character I didn't like, but I never liked Superman anyway.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
New 52 had way too many "different for the sake of being different" designs.

Like Reverse Flash:
latest

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Short sleeve Supes looks great. There was a Jim Lee redesign in Wizard years (decades) ago with short sleeves, hold on, found it. Wish this wouldve been used.

74fa702d1e0c1b518a8e79e539c29c44.jpg

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I remember how they made Amanda Waller like super thin

Why was Beast Boy Red again? Like I never understood that change.

With the New 52, they introduced the idea of animals having a similar magic and sentient element as plants did in Swamp Thing. The Red was the counterpart of The Green for animals, and Beast Boy was an avatar of The Red as Swamp Thing was for The Green

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
With the New 52, they introduced the idea of animals having a similar magic and sentient element as plants did in Swamp Thing. The Red was the counterpart of The Green for animals, and Beast Boy was an avatar of The Red as Swamp Thing was for The Green

Oh well, at least there was an explanation. I just remembering hating it so much tho.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019

41x45qkakot51.jpg

The feather cape fucking rules.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Amazing book. I'm not sure why people automatically hate on N52. Good writers are still going to put out great books regardless of it being a relaunch.

New 52 is when I read comics for the first time. I went all in on one specific storyline! The Rotworld saga. Went through a lot of Animal Man and Swamp Thing,with some Frankenstein. Also started to read a series that was about a group with Etrigan, Vandal Savage and other characters, it was some sort of medieval themed group!

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Raven redesign as a slightly more demonic look was perfect but GOD FORBID you don't make teen titans characters resemble the looks they had in the one famous cartoon.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
You know Firestorm somehow squeaks by whenever we talk about characters whose job is to job.

Nov 3, 2020
All of those are terrible except for the T-Shirt Superman look, and that didn't really even pay off until he comes back with the beard at the end of Future's End to fight Braniac.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Lol Raven from Teen Titans cartoon would be completely against that outfit.

Just wait until cartoon Starfire reads Red Hood and the Outlaws...

I also didn't really understand what they were doing with Supergirl. Not only did they completely revamp the character, but they replaced the skirt with... a diaper?

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I never read the comics but I think jeans Superman is pretty cool. Way better than no-briefs superman.