CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Seen this before and it's cc easy how collected the driver is then jumps out of the car like a maniac putting up a fight.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this earlier today and I couldn't fucking believe how intense that was.

Edit: I think I read there were like 6-8 cars following them total. SHIT.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I would be the dude on the right, I wouldn't know what to do but sit there and shit my pants

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
One of the most intense videos I've seen in a while.

I did read that there are a reasonable number of these attempted heists in and outside of Johannesburg. One of the common methods to gain access is to literally bomb the armored vehicle (usually killing the occupants).

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is crazy. Those bulletproof windows are amazing. Are bulletproof windows legal in civilian vehicles?

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Crazy. One thing I thought of watching that. I feel like a great idea would be a panic button that automatically send a distress signal and constant location to police. Kind of like a form of OnStar. Versus having to fumble with a phone while you're actively trying to drive away and juggle guns.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Crazy. One thing I thought of watching that. I feel like a great idea would be a panic button that automatically send a distress signal and constant location to police. Kind of like a form of OnStar. Versus having to fumble with a phone while you're actively trying to drive away and juggle guns.

I assumed that was a given. I'm shocked they don't have that.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

The driver going full honey badger at the end is amazing. I probably would have pissed myself.
Seen this before and it's cc easy how collected the driver is then jumps out of the car like a maniac putting up a fight.

OP is a bit misleading.

1) This was not an attempted cash heist.
2) The transit vehicle was carrying cell phones.
3) The video is from a support vehicle (not the transit vehicle).
4) The driver forced one of the attacking cars onto a bollard where it got stuck.

Basically these two were protecting the armored car carrying the delivery.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this last week on Reddit. I like to imagine it was the dude on the right's first day on the job.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed the guy on the right grabs pistol then the Driver hands him the AK. "Better use this"

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
That dude has some godly driving and even stronger composure.

edit: at 1:38 you can see a dude standing in the road, shooting at the passenger side. Goddamn.

Amathene

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dude is like glasses guy from Sicario
kZ5cFaC.gif

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Jesus, that's terrifying. The bullet proof glass was mvp there.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the passenger was chillaxed the whole time. Then I realized he was just shitting his pants.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
www.news.com.au

Hero who thwarted armed truck heist

The hero guard who managed to keep his cool, despite his armoured car being attacked in a hail of bullets by two cars of gunmen, has been identified as a former police sniper.

South African Police spokesman Brig Vish Naidoo on Saturday confirmed to Times Live that the incident happened on the N4 in Pretoria on April 22.
"The suspects fired several shots at the CIT vehicle in an attempt to stop it during a high-speed chase," he said.
"The driver of the CIT vehicle managed to evade the robbers for a while but later stopped in wait for the robbers. The robbers fled without taking any money. No arrests have yet been made."
In a statement on Facebook, security firm Fortis Pro Active Defence Solutions identified the driver as Leo Prinsloo, a former member of the SAPS Special Task Force and the head instructor of its "Lone Operator" courses.

RRzJYJt.png

xzUDcz0.png

uKAhwnG.png

6Bbnvkz.png

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
OP is a bit misleading.

1) This was not an attempted cash heist.
2) The transit vehicle was carrying cell phones.
3) The video is from a support vehicle (not the transit vehicle).
4) The driver forced one of the attacking cars onto a bollard where it got stuck.

Basically these two were protecting the armored car carrying the delivery.

100% of that is still awesome.

They were being shot at as well.

Edit:

Is that an audi?

shit, its just like the movies.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
100% of that is still awesome.

They were being shot at as well.

Edit:

Is that an audi?

shit, its just like the movies.

Yes. It was an Audi that was attacking.

They were in an armored Toyota Land Cruiser.

US media has been mangling the details, but if you look up the local South African outlets they've got all the details.

Last edited:

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
A few Youtube commenters asked why they didn't call the police or have a panic button, prevailing response seems to be "This is SA, unless they're going to give you a speeding ticket they won't come. Or they'll be the ones doing the robbing". Kinda depressing.

They picked the worst possible target essentially.

"They thought they had an easy score, a truck of illicit goods that would fetch a fine price on the black market. They weren't expecting.... THE LONE OPERATOR"

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
A few Youtube commenters asked why they didn't call the police or have a panic button, prevailing response seems to be "This is SA, unless they're going to give you a speeding ticket they won't come. Or they'll be the ones doing the robbing". Kinda depressing.

One thing that struck me about South Africa when I went there years ago (outside of how beautiful it was and the insane levels of inequality) was the presence of armed private security almost everywhere.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
US media has been mangling the details, but if you look up the local South African outlets they've got all the details.

Any link? The 3 South African news sites I found only mention that same quote from Vish Naidoo about them not taking any money.

+ stories about like 5 other cases of attacks on CIT vehicles in the last 2 weeks :p

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Any link? The 3 South African news sites I found only mention that same quote from Vish Naidoo about them not taking any money.

+ stories about like 5 other cases of attacks on CIT vehicles in the last 2 weeks :p

They were in the original Twitter thread from ~2 days ago. If you can find the OG video on Twitter, you'll find the news links.

That's not to imply that the transit vehicle wasn't a prime target. Cell phones are small and a van full of them is easily a few hundred thousand if they're flagships.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the most badass things I have ever seen from real life. These guys got absolute nerves of steel, holy fuck.

Glad they didn't get hurt.