patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamespots-game-of-the-year-2018/1100-6464009/

In 2010, GameSpot's Game of the Year was none other than Red Dead Redemption. Eight years later, that game remains one of our all-time favorites, and leaving John Marston behind to step into Arthur Morgan's story wasn't easy. Red Dead Redemption 2 ended up being everything we could have wanted in a prequel, but it's also a moving, often heartbreaking, and oddly hopeful story that stands independently of its predecessor--and that's only part of the reason why Red Dead 2 is GameSpot's 2018 Game of the Year.

Aug 27, 2018
I imagine we're gonna be seeing this a lot, I'm just going to say that I respectfully disagree. (Spider-Man is the GOTY imo)

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved.

Gonna put this here to collect some much needed salt..

empty-salt-shaker-drawing__k9857343.jpg

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, cool. Nice to see it getting the respect it deserves. Such an amazing experience so far.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Tough for me between this and GOW but I think I'll end up choosing Rdr 2. It's just such an achievement.

Not that god of war isn't, but the story in RDR2 hit so so much harder than GOW. I'm almost always a gameplay before story dude (hence my hesitation) but RDR2 was shockingly well done for a rockstar game.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's great to see a game that has horrible gameplay and insults the player in every moment win goty by the people who are paid to notice this kind of stuff and criticize it.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
GameSpot completely forgot about this game, it's not even in their top10
GameSpot can (very politely) fuck off :)

I was so pleased when it was in the GOTY nominations at TGA.
The correct choice. I shall be visiting GameSpot a lot more now.
The problem is that this meme is so old now I never know when someone is serious or not.

I suppose there will be some disappointment that Konami's Monster Hunter World didn't do a little better in these awards.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By far the the best game released this gen, well deserved!!

Edge to be next.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Haven't played RDR2 so can't really comment on their choice. All I know is that Dragon Quest XI or God of War is currently the best game I have played all year.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved, one of the best games of the generation for sure. Absolutely beautiful game and such a joy to play through.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I'm sick of God of War constantly being snubbed!! /s

Haven't played Red Dead 2 yet, interested to see if it aggravates me as much as it does others.

Aug 27, 2018
GameSpot can (very politely) fuck off :)

I was so pleased when it was in the GOTY nominations at TGA.

The problem is that this meme is so old now I never know when someone is serious or not.

I looked at it and being unaware of the meme I had to think to myself "well, I hope this person isn't serious". Glad it's not real to be honest.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved.

Gonna put this here to collect some much needed salt..

empty-salt-shaker-drawing__k9857343.jpg

Yeah, I couldn't explain the RDR2 vs God of War hatefest. I'm glad I adored both titles and could see why each would win GotY respectively (though I personally edged out God of War as #1 in the end).

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Fantastic game. Absolutely not game of the year. Some rather odd design choices were made despite most of the parts being extremely high quality.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They meant to link to Celeste surely. How embarrassing that this went up accidentally! I expect a correction shortly

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
It's Celeste! Everybody knows it's Celeste, let's just stop pretending it isn't Celeste.

It's Celeste by a good amount too.

God of War was incredibly overrated to me. The customization of armor seemed tacked on, the boss fights were terrible and the story was generic and boring.

I didn't even get through half of Red Dead 2. I hated the controls and the level of realism they were aiming for really put me off.

Spiderman however was great. The only thing that keeps it from being my game of the year are the terrible
MJ and Miles missions.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017