• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Gabi's comments, translated
  • Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
    To better contextualize the thread, here's what I could gather from this:

Her original tweet (direct translation below):

gMT7m38.jpg

"There will always be a fucking man to talk shit and sexualize women even when a woman is making a joke, right? That's why men are trash."

GwmvgVH.jpg

- "Gee, Gabi, you don't need to generalize either :("
    - "Yes, I do. When we say this stuff, men say "hey, don't generalize, not all men" and on their FIRST opportunity, act like assholes towards a girl. Men that aren't TRASH are the exception, not the majority. We need to generalize so these sons of bitches wake up."

She apologized not long after these tweets, though, but she kept being harassed (of course). She and her family are receiving death threats, with people posting places she goes to on Chan.

Why this is resurfacing now
  • Oct 25, 2017
    This incident happened 2 years ago aparentely but has resurfaced now.
    I don't know who she is but I know why this resurfaced: there is a brazilian youtube channel in the style of The Quartering doing a bunch of outrage videos regarding gaming that recently did a video on her (and on "the media attacking CDPR over Cyberpunk's MC being white").

Thank you youtube recommendations for filling my screen with such good content. :puke:

Wtf are y'all talking about? Certainly some of you that I'm quoting must be male. Do you consider yourself trash?
    As a matter of fact, yes.

Also, fucking context.

you're wrong tho, All women are trash

now let's see who gets the ban hammer, come on mods, prove me wrong
    wow what a fucking martyr you are!

Longer response (translated, via Tweetlonger)
  • Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
    She also posted a longer response, talking about her side of the story, on Tweetlonger. It's very telling, also quite shocking how apologetic she is. She must be desperately trying to kill this before it gets worse, and with the threats and personal information being posted, I'm not surprised.

Original text said:
    Oi gente!

Essa é a ultima vez que eu vou comentar sobre o assunto, ok? Aqui vai ter um resumão de tudo o que aconteceu. Se você quiser dar uma chance pra essa leitura, agradeço, se não, vida que segue.

Um tweet meu viralizou essa semana em que eu falava "homem é lixo e os que não são, são exceções".

Iniciaram uma caça às bruxas depois desse tweet por conta do que eu disse, então eu só gostaria de pontuar algumas coisas:

1. A minha intenção com essa frase foi: "Sempre que eu posto alguma coisa em que eu deixe 1% de brecha pra ser feita uma piada de mal gosto, muito homem vai lá e faz. 90% dos comentários geralmente são feitos por homens e desse jeito. Os que não fazem, são exceções. Se você não vai lá fazer piada escrota, parabéns, você é a exceção e eu agradeço por isso." A intenção nunca foi ser misândrica e muito menos xingar TODOS os homens (até porque, eu disse que haviam sim exceções). Entendam por favor: eu posto fotos todos os dias, e todos os dias a maior parte dos comentários são ofensivos ou sexualizando algo que nem tem como ser sexualizado. São poucos os homens que comentam com coisas interessantes ou comentários não-ofensivos aqui no Twitter (e por essas pessoas eu sou grata, são as exceções que salvam o meu dia). Eu não costumo responder a pessoa quando ela posta algo ofensivo, eu só ignoro ou bloqueio e sigo a vida. Mas, naquele caso e naquele dia, eu estourei e fiz o comentário infeliz, que foi interpretado de forma mais infeliz ainda por muitos.

2. O comentário ao rapaz no Instagram que falou "tá gordinha hein" não tem justificativa. Eu fui babaca, peço desculpas. Ele foi babaca também? Sim! Mas eu reagi de forma 10x pior.

3. Ao rapaz do clipe na Twitch. Essa situação foi explicada aqui no Twitter: eu era super esquentada na época (1-2 anos atrás, quando eu comecei a fazer lives), era bem babaca durante as lives, e eu mudei TOTALMENTE o meu comportamento desse ano pra cá. No começo do ano fiz um tweet explicando que queria ser uma pessoa melhor e estaria me comportando de forma mais calma durante as lives. PS: após os tweets que eu postei explicando isso, o rapaz que POSTOU o clipe veio conversar comigo, disse que sentia muito pois ele não queria que a situação virasse essa caça à minha pessoa, eu pedi desculpas pessoalmente pra ele e ele deletou o tweet pro pessoal parar de falar sobre aquilo porque já estava RESOLVIDO.

No mais, creio que seja isso. Eu sei que muitos não concordam com o que eu disse e, de certa forma, eu mesma vi que foi tóxico depois que eu analisei a situação como um todo.

Eu sou uma pessoa sempre na minha, nunca tretei com ninguém e nunca foi a minha intenção também. Eu tenho ficado quieta desde o acontecido porque diversos chans, fóruns e grupos de facebook começaram a ameaçar a mim e aos meus pais. Esta é a minha última declaração sobre o assunto, espero que tenha sido esclarecedora aos que ainda tenham alguma dúvida.

Tenham todos uma excelente semana,

Gabi

Translation said:
    Hey, guys!

This is the last time i will comment on this subject, ok? Here goes a big summary of everything that has happened. If you want to give this read a shot, I'll be thankful. If not, life goes on.

One of my tweets went viral this week, in which I said "Men who aren't trash are the exception".

People started a witch hunt after this tweet because of what I said, so I would just like to point out a few things:

1. My intention with that sentence was: "Every time I post something leaving 1% of a breach open to tasteless jokes, a lot of men go on and make the joke. 90% of the comments are usually by men and in the same nature. The ones who don't, are the exception. If you don't make the tasteless jokes, congratulations. You're the exception and I thank you for that." My intention was never to be misandrist, even less so to offend ALL men (I even said there were exceptions). Please, understand: I post pictures every day, and every day most of the comments are offensive or sexualizing something that isn't even "sexualizeable". Few are the men posting interesting stuff, or non-offensive comments on Twitter (and for these people, I'm grateful. They're the exception that saves my day). I don't usually respond to people that post offensive stuff, I just ignore or block them and move on. But that day, I broke and made an unfortunate comment, that was misinterpreted in an even more unfortunate way by so many.

2. The comment I made to the guy who said on instagram "You're chubby, eh?" is unjustifiable. I was an asshole, I apologize. Was he an asshole too? Yes. But I reacted ten times worse.

3. To the guy who posted the Twitch clip. This situation was explained here on Twitter: I was super hot headed back in the day (1-2 years ago, when I started streaming), I was a jerk on stream, and I COMPLETELY changed my behavior since then. Early this year I tweeted that I wanted to become a better person and that I would behave in more calmly manner during streams. PS: after the tweets explaining this, the guy who posted the clip came to talk to me and said he was sorry because he didn't want this to become a witch hunt against me, I personally apologized to him and he deleted his tweet, so people would stop talking about that because it was dealt with.

I think this is it. I know many don't agree with what I said and, in some way, I saw that it was toxic in hindsight.

I'm a reserved person, never had problems with other people and this was never my intention either. I've been quiet since this blew up because several Chans and forums and Facebook groups started to threaten me and my parents. This is my last word on the matter, I hope it's been clarifying to the ones who still had questions.

I hope you have an excellent week.

Gabi

Source

Last edited:
    Interview with streamer in Portuguese (translated)
  • SoundCheck

Avenger
    Oct 27, 2017
    Interview with the streamer in Portuguese

Why did you write a tweet in which you said "man is trash" and "man who is not shit is an exception"?

Because I burst. I posted a photo on Twitter where I appeared in a mechanical bull in a joke with the people who watch my lives. I always say that I was very horny, I call other people horn animal, a joke to call a horn.

MOD EDIT: This is a mistranslation. "Chifrada", in Brazilian Portuguese, is slang for "someone who has been cheated on". She's talking about being someone who has been cheated on a lot, not someone who's "very horny".

Suddenly, I opened the photo and saw that 90% of the comments were very similar, and all of men, saying things like "sit in me, your hot," "here at home ride me whenever you want" and "come ride on me ". I was very nervous and I spent the day thinking about it. Then I went into Instagram, and in a picture of me they had several comments saying "you're chubby, huh?", "You got fat, right?" and "her boobs grew." I did not think of anything, in the negative repercussion, in the contracts with the companies. If I were to blow up every time that happened, it would be every five minutes. But this time I could not stand it.

You lost a contract with a company, Razer. What did they tell you?

In fact, the contract with them would now expire in June. It was three months. Of course i had the expectation of renewing. But then they released this statement saying they would not renew. I believe they wanted to soften the attacks they were receiving. A lot of people pressured them and the company served this audience. They've always been great to me. The people with whom I had contact always treated me very well. They did what they thought best for marketing them. Now, there are five other companies, competitors of Razer, making me proposal.

Did you ever regret what you wrote?

In the Instagram comment they called me fat, yes. I said, 'Man, 55kg, I'm six feet tall, if there's anyone who's chubby, it's your mother's whore.' "It was a horrible comment, I should not have done it. said that 'man who is not shit is an exception' was because most of the comments, 90% of what I receive, are men cursing or harassing me, and who does not do that is an exception. , could have written it in another way, but honestly, I do not even know what form this would be.

Have you always been bullshitting at other curses?

Two years ago, when I started streaming, I responded like that. In the streaming, I appear playing and the people who are watching send me messages and we are talking. In many messages they called me a whore and a slut. I would say, "Your mother is not here, why are you saying this?" Or called it trash. They even dug up those comments now to attack me. But I changed my behavior. In February of this year, I was hired by Facebook Gaming, a live streaming gaming platform managed by Facebook. I started talking to people of various ages and my audience grew. I was advised by my manager not to bump the harassment. I was not happy either. It was very heavy, and I was quiet.

What comments do you hear most often?

They say, 'How cute you, your pussy should be pink.' "They tell me to shut up, go back to the kitchen, make dinner, do the dishes, and when I post a photo, 90% of the comments are bad. I have a team that deletes these comments before I see it, or I just play with friends, I do not have the patience to go through this anymore.

From here on, will you answer them any other way?

I need to think about it better. There is no nice way to respond to harassment. It makes us very angry. In my case, I was angry at what I was reading first, I did not believe it. Then I get sad because the person is offending you, sexually harassing you and nobody sees anything wrong with that. I do not think that woman has to bow her head for harassment. In the universe of games, this is the rule: the person who is harassing does not receive punishment, but when the woman responds, it is punished and cursed everywhere. Call me a whore, but I can not answer. People got mad this time because I returned it in the same coin.

Were you threatened?

Very. They are sending me messages saying that they will get me in the gate, saying that they know where I live, that such a time goes to such a place. I could not stay in Sao Paulo. They want you to shut up when we're harassed.

Last edited by a moderator: