Discontent

May 25, 2018
Post examples where rappers really reach in getting something to rhyme. Bonus points for you if they actually make the rhymes passable lol.

'Get in the car and don't touch nothing; sit in the car,
Let's discuss something, either we lovin' or I'll see you tomorrow'

Juelz Santana actually rhymes car with tomorrow in the first verse. He gets A+ for the straight fire lyrics and I'm inclined to give him an A+ for the incredible rhyme lmao.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's get "Wiscansin" out of the way immediately lmao

T Pain - Can't Believe It

The lyrics, for those of you that don't know:

"Put you in the mansion, somewhere in Wisconsin"

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, only sipping red champagne champagn..a ?
White tee, red hat, red bandana

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Eminem in his Relapse album period. He used like accents to makes rhymes work

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
LOL. I mean, there are ways you can get away with it if you've got the swag and can play with accent and syllabic emphasis. Then it becomes more like slant rhyming, which is more focused on vowel and/or consonant harmony, as opposed to being a perfect rhyme.

So, for example, the Juelz Santana rhyme referenced in the OP kind of works, because he sort of drawls "car" and makes it sound like "cahr", and then does the same thing with "tomorrow" making it sound like "toMAHrow". But now I'm thinking too hard about this.

Megan Thee Stallion does this a lot. Using her verse from the DJ Chose "THICK" remix because...that's literally the song that's playing right now. lol

Bitch I'm rich
r-r-r-r-r-rich
My bankroll th-th-thick
All of these hoes so p-p-pissed
Bubblegum bubblegum in a dish
How many more niggas can I make tricks?
How many more stories they gon spin?
How many plaques me and Chose finna get?
(Wassup friend?)

In this case, none of these lines end in perfect rhymes, but Megan makes it work because she manipulates the last word in each line to have a strong IH sound, regardless of whether or not it exists in the word. And THAT works because Megan has a natural Southern delivery that lends itself to this. And I think that's how you make this rhyming technique not sound corny, if you can tie it to a recognizable accent or common vocal affectation.

I did NOT mean to type all this. lol

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Whats the original song? I'm hearing the Burning Rangers guy in there..

sonic.fandom.com

Marlon Saunders

Marlon Derrick Saunders is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, music director, and professor of voice at Berkley College of Music. He has done work for multiple games by Sega, including Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Burning Rangers, and NiGHTS Into Dreams..., among others...

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Threads about to be full of examples of rappers using accents and flow to thread words together.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this exactly counts as a rapper doing it, but: Mitch Benn's Crimes against Music was a comedy series about satirical songs; the first series had an underlying storyline about Mitch's insecurity about Richard Stilgoe being a much more successful satirist.

In the last episode of the series, Stilgoe turns up, and they have a satire-off, with each of them giving a line for the other to riff off. The final blow is dealt when Stilgoe gives the opening line "I went to the supermarket and there I bought an orange". At which Mitch seems defeated... until he comes back with an Eminem parody delivering:

Everybody knows ain't nothing rhymes with orange
Doesn't matter how much imagination or ing-
enuity you use, even words that are foreign ju-
st better let it go, ain't nothing rhymes with orange.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
The late, great, Phife Dawg on Electric Relaxation:

Let me hit it from the back, girl, I won't catch a hernia,
Bust off on your couch, now ya got Seamen's Furniture.

Not his best work.

Saad

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I said it, has-been
Hang it up, flatscreen
Plasma
"Hey Nicki, hey Nicki," asthma

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need more seats
We just sold out all the floor seats

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
This the shit he put on his albums? lol

Probably sounds better in the song tho
He makes it sound like a joke. He makes fun of the idea that people says he only rhymes random words just to rhyme.. this song and Alfred theme feel like comedy music.. bunch of punchlines and double and triple entendres. I recommend giving it a listen

OP
OP
Discontent

Discontent

May 25, 2018
LOL. I mean, there are ways you can get away with it if you've got the swag and can play with accent and syllabic emphasis. Then it becomes more like slant rhyming, which is more focused on vowel and/or consonant harmony, as opposed to being a perfect rhyme.

So, for example, the Juelz Santana rhyme referenced in the OP kind of works, because he sort of drawls "car" and makes it sound like "cahr", and then does the same thing with "tomorrow" making it sound like "toMAHrow". But now I'm thinking too hard about this.

Megan Thee Stallion does this a lot. Using her verse from the DJ Chose "THICK" remix because...that's literally the song that's playing right now. lol

Bitch I'm rich
r-r-r-r-r-rich
My bankroll th-th-thick
All of these hoes so p-p-pissed
Bubblegum bubblegum in a dish
How many more niggas can I make tricks?
How many more stories they gon spin?
How many plaques me and Chose finna get?
(Wassup friend?)

In this case, none of these lines end in perfect rhymes, but Megan makes it work because she manipulates the last word in each line to have a strong IH sound, regardless of whether or not it exists in the word. And THAT works because Megan has a natural Southern delivery that lends itself to this. And I think that's how you make this rhyming technique not sound corny, if you can tie it to a recognizable accent or common vocal affectation.

I did NOT mean to type all this. lol

Yea my example definitely works lol it's one of my all-time favourite verses so I'm not trying to make fun out of it. Car and tomorrow normally would never rhyme but like you said swag and delivery go a long way.

Oct 27, 2017
roses-are-red-violets5ajbx.png

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
The late great MF Doom on Microwave Mayo:

Steady on his business and ready with an ill pitch,
Keeps a bad bilznitch like Denny Kuciniliznitch

This requires you to know who Dennis Kucinich is, know Doom butchers his name to make the rhyme work, and then know what his wife looks like. And it is an awesome rhyme regardless.

Good rappers make this shit work.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While not a rap song, Sublime's What I got has me angry since I was 10 years old

Love's what I got
Don't start a riot
You'll feel it when the dance gets hot

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Pitbull

Yea right picture that with a kodak
And better yet, go to times square
Take a picture of me with a kodak

The dude managed to rhyme kodak with kodak. A true legend.

Lol came to post this.

It can be easily taken out of context by just reading that tweet, but this is one of his "joke" songs and not meant to be as literal as some of you are going to take it.

Last edited:

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
The one that stands out to me is Lupe Fiasco on "The Show Goes On":

"No matter what you into
No matter what you see when you look outside your window"

Window gets stretched into "windoo".

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Ice Cube - Natural Born Killaz

I don't understand the logic in my dreams - but I understand I like the sound of sirens.