• If you have been following the news, you should be aware that the people of Lebanon have been under a violent bombardment that has recently escalated. Please consider donating to help them if you can or trying to spread word of the fundraiser.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Hi there,

As you may know, Lebanon has been under violent bombardment over the past few months, but things have escalated dramatically in the past week or so. During this time, many families were forced to flee their homes under Israeli threat. Over 1 million people are now displaced, with many sleeping on the streets of Beirut. It's very heartbreaking to witness, and the state itself has no money to support these people in need.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOjkX2qOUdc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPYfqtvfdGA

Some of you may know me over the time of the Gaza threads and during that time I always carried this inward fear of Lebanon being caught up in this - and here we are today. I'm sharing a fundraiser that is linked to many kind and amazing folk, some of whom are my personal friends - working on the ground, running around trying to meet the needs of the people - procuring mattresses, blankets, food, baby diapers, medicine and other helpful items. They also have a communal kitchen where they have full time volunteer cooks prepping meals for those families. You have to understand that Lebanon has been in financial crisis for the past 5 years, experiencing hyperinflation where poverty has skyrocketed and most people don't have the means to carry on, let alone support their family while their homes and livelihoods are destroyed. I know there are many NGOs and efforts being made, but I thought it would be best to point to something that is very personal - that way you can trust that the money is going into well intentioned hands. They actively help anyone, regardless of creed and race.

This is the fundraiser -
https://www.chuffed.org/project/lebanonsolidarity

And some pics:
gCII3DZ.jpeg

Mattresses are often needed since many people are forced to sleep outside.

QgTEGKz.jpeg

A lot of people are able to source food locally and that makes it easier to feed folk. Those are pumpkins in case you're wondering.

Y9CSQ5w.jpeg

72pBmez.jpeg

Thanks for reading and thank you for any support that you send your way! Every little bit counts. If you have any questions, ask away and I'll do my best to answer.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
thank you for this thread. I wanted to donate but didn't know where would be the best place to

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ive also set up a personal fundraiser, luckily a lot of people see the genocide that Israel is commiting to our people and want to donate money to help. I'll also donate to the one you shared. Thanks for this thread

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Hope my donation can help, people like you all that make me think there can still be light at the end of this dark tunnel the world is in