Real

Oct 28, 2017
slickdeals.net

Target: Video Games, Movies, Music, Books, Board Games & Activity Kits B2G1 Free + Free Store Pickup (Exclusions Apply)

Target offers Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Video Games, Movies, Music, Books, Board Games & Activity Kits (some exclusions apply). Select free store pickup where stock permits, otherwise shipping is free o ...

PS5 games like Godfall and 2K21 pictured in ad. Since this runs through the 14th, and it says preorders aren't included, ordering on the 12th will get you a free game if you order two.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
It'll be a Christmas miracle if Demon's Souls and Miles Morales are on the promotion list. This could get good!

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I was wrong about this one. They always do it to avoid the big releases. I never would have assumed they would do it during the launch of next gen. Man, I'm going to have to rethink my game purchases now.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guess it's a good thing I cancelled my Best Buy preorders for Demons Souls and Spider-Man then. Now, what will my third game be?

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Guess it's a good thing I cancelled my Best Buy preorders for Demons Souls and Spider-Man then. Now, what will my third game be?

You don't need one. Target lets you cancel/return unwanted games and they'll prorate the discount accordingly. So always make sure all three games are the same price or you're leaving money on the table.

Oct 27, 2017
Oof might have to cancel my spider man and souls at GameStop. That's hard to resist. Do we think they will break street date on 11/12 launch games?

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. I'll just drive up there on the 12th and grab Demons, Miles, and Sackboy.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't need one. Target lets you cancel/return unwanted games and they'll prorate the discount accordingly. So always make sure all three games are the same price or you're leaving money on the table.
Oh shit. Guess Godfall will be my "third" game and i'll just return it.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
In for Yakuza: Like a Dragon, AC: Valhalla, and KH: Melody of Memories. Those 3 will probably be on the list for sure. They're all in the pic.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Can't turn down a free game. Guess I'm going for the disc version after all.

Don't think of it as free. Think of it as you're getting a game for up to 33% off (which means it can be less of a discount if you don't buy the right combination). Thinking it's free is the wrong mentality.

xmonkeyofevil

Jun 9, 2019
As a Target employee I can tell you that the "Excludes select video games" fine print may be working against some of y'alls plans. Be wary of cancelling orders elsewhere for games not listed on the ad directly.

Don't think of it as free. Think of it as you're getting a game for up to 33% off (which means it can be less of a discount if you don't buy the right combination). Thinking it's free is the wrong mentality.

Also this. If you get three $60 games, you'll end up paying ~$40 a game. If you change your mind on one of the three, you can't just exchange it directly for another $60 game.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I mean that to say I had planned to buy 3 games anyway (except digitally instead of physically), so in my case it is indeed a free game but I fully understand what you mean. They need to start selling digital codes for these discounts ;_;

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder what the excluded titles are? Let's not get too hyped.

But damn I've already locked in my purchases elsewhere.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
hmm i have assassins creed and cyberpunk pre ordered for around 50 each. i think i'm gonna get spiderman and cyberpunk and get assassins creed free.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is awesome. I have a 100$ gift card to Target as well. Sackboy, DeS, and MM for me for $40? Sign me up!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
As a Target employee I can tell you that the "Excludes select video games" fine print may be working against some of y'alls plans. Be wary of cancelling orders elsewhere for games not listed on the ad directly.

I wonder if it will strictly be for the games on the list or others too ....

cause I can see AC Valhalla, Yakuza and Spider Man if that's an option (I didn't see SM on the ad).

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Maybe this is the way to grab Spiderman. Now I just need to find 2 other games I want

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Where are people seeing demons souls in that image?

They aren't. They're speculating based on how these sales normally go where all PlayStation and Xbox games usually qualify while only select Switch games work. I think there's a chance Sony first party titles might be excluded given that this is launch week.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, maybe ill get ACV on PS5 instead of PC then. Or I guess Ill get Sackboy and ACV on PC if Sackboy gets good reviews.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda shady but I guess it works. I'll probably just grab Christmas gifts and stow them away tbh.

It's not shady. It's their return policy. There's nothing wrong with it. It explicitly says on the receipt what each item's return value is. Shady would be a B2G1 where the third item is listed free and you return the two other games for full price to keep the free game.

Rondre Tibet

Feb 13, 2018
Quick I always go to Target Chat and talk to them and they almost always let you get the 3 games you want.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Hmm, I have Melody of Memory pre-ordered with a discount at Target, but only for a couple bucks. Might just cancel and re-order with Yakuza on PS4 if I can. Wonder if it'll allow for pre-orders for games that fall within the sale window, or if I'll have to wait until Friday to buy KH. Just hope the games I'd want to buy with it weren't OOS by then.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I thought I'd never get a physical game again. Yakuza 7 + Valhalla and maybe 2K.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
If Demon's Souls and Sackboy are options, I'm set.

Was getting AC Valhalla digital on Xbox, then Spider-Man and Sackboy. If this deal includes the above two games it'll help me get Demon's Souls.

Let's hope.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
So doing the math, if you take advantage of this with three $70 games, and you actually get Miles Morales from Walmart at $21.88, you pretty much eliminated the $100 price difference that the disc version of the PS5 has over the all digital on the first day of owning the system.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Either Demon's, Miles Morales, and Valhalla or Demon's, Miles Morales, and KH MoM