nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
blog.playstation.com

PS5 system update adds Welcome hub, Party Share, personalized 3D audio profiles, adaptive controller charging, and more

Welcome hub, a new personalized space on the PS5 home screen, will roll out gradually across regions.

The new Welcome Hub is customizable (ordering content elements and dynamic wallpapers) and replaces the Explore tab. Launching in the US today and it's coming to all players globally over the next few weeks.

Newly announced features

Welcome hub (phased release)

We are introducing a new personalized space in your PS5 home screen called Welcome hub – a dedicated space you can customize with widgets, allowing you to see information at a glance before you begin your gaming sessions. For players in the U.S, Welcome hub will replace the current Explore tab with enhanced customizability and an upgraded user experience.

Party Share (phased release)

In the next few weeks, we'll also add the ability for you to share party voice chat links on any messaging or social media app. This will allow you to invite a friend whom you're chatting with on any messaging app to join your party voice chat, even if you haven't added them to your friends list on PlayStation Network.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the Welcome Hub will slowly bring the return of Themes?

Man, I miss themes lol

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Ah welcome hub is a rolling release. No wonder it didn't pop after updating. I like the new rest mode settings but disappointed its not for the original PS5.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to also get ads in Europe now! It looks kinda neat though. As long as it doesn't turn into an ad fest.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLUvxgY2wd8
53988783619_1892d9bd54_h.jpg

53988783639_6c1de88363_h.jpg

Please have a PS1/PS2 dynamic themes like on PS4 🥲

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Also is the background thing just for the "Welcome" tab or for the whole front? I know games replace the background, but it would still be nice to have it there when selecting non-game tabs.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Even if there was a wireless adapter for PSVR2, why would it have a battery life indicator.

Maybe Sony are working on a wireless version of PSVR2, but that seems unlikely given the sales of PSVR2.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Will the welcome hub bring back the rolling list of friend updates, like 'John Smith played Horizon for the first time' or 'Jane Doe earned the Platinum trophy in Alan Wake 2'?

I always enjoyed that on the PS4.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Got the update this morning in the US, but no Welcome hub, even after checking the "system feature update" for it. Wonder how they choose which players get the feature early.

Aloy38

Jul 31, 2020
I wish they'd show the battery percentage of the dualsense, instead of just the 3 bars (when it gets down to 1 bar I still never know if I've got hours left or just a few minutes lol)

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That PSVR2 battery indicator is actually just Sony's take on the PSVR2's vitals as a product.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Since the PS6 will surely get a new UI like all of the previous consoles, I wonder how long into its lifecycle we'll have to wait for feature parity, or maybe even just themes and folders.