The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I don't usually create threads but this damn error has got me at my wits end. I want to keep this as short as possible, but I've been getting this error consistently on my PS5 when either trying to purchase something or download/add content to my library from the PS Plus Premium collections. I recently upgraded my subscription to PS Plus Premium the day it went live. As of a couple weeks ago, I get this error all the time. I've taken every step to help mitigate this, including:
  1. Remove/added my credit card
  2. Added funds to my wallet
  3. Logged out/back in
  4. Power cycled PS5
  5. Re-built the database
  6. Factory Reset console
  7. Logged in as my son on the same console and confirmed he was able to download content (makes me believe this is an issue with my account at the account level)
I did two chat sessions with PS support through their chat page.
The first one was bust, where the agent basically said just wait it'll resolve itself, then proceeded to end the chat session.
The second chat was a bit more helpful but ended in me sending screenshots of the error and they said they would escalate to higher level support. I asked what the next steps were and they said to just be patient and it'll get resolved and nobody would reach out to me when resolved (gee, thanks). Well, it's been a week since then and still no change.

TLDR; can't buy/download any content on the PS store after upgrading to PS Plus Premium. Tried every step I could think of and PS support sucks. Please help!!

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
It's happened to me as well, however PayPal works for me still so i've swapped over to using that for purchases. It's annoying that my credit card won't work on PSN, but will on Nintendo. I've spoken to a PSN rep in the past, it was suggested that my credit card address and address on my PSN account don't match (which it didn't at the time, but do now). Another rep said it's happened to them and a few other people they know.

I've not had the error when it comes to adding content to my library, that one is new.

OP
OP
The Grizz

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I receive the same error messages through both their online store on my computer or on my mobile app. It's the same error across every single store interface. I've ensured my address is matching my payment method address and even added funds to cover any costs of purchase. Again, I can purchase content from my son's profile using my wallet with no issue. If I try and do any adding to library, even with the new monthly PS Plus content, I get the same error. It's super frustrating and makes me want to just sell this thing and get an Xbox Series X or something. I'm going to try and call them later this morning and see if calling works better than their chat support.

CopyCatGirl

Jun 30, 2022
Sorry to bump this thread. I can't create a new one myself.
I'm having internet issues with my Playstation consoles and there's no support in my country on the weekend.
My ISP couldn't find an issue on their end either.

When I start online games on my PS5 I'm getting "something went wrong. WS-116143-6" or "To play Final Fantasx XIV you must first sign in to Playstation Network" but I am already logged in.
When trying to check cloud saves I'm getting error CE-117773-6 or if I go to settings, storage, PS5 games under Upload to Cloud Storage it says "To use this feature, subscribe to PS Plus" with a Subscribe button below. I'm already subscribed. If I click that button I'm getting the same CE-117773-6 error.
Syncing trophies doesn't give an error but doesn't seem to do anything.
Other online functions like friendlists, checking for updates, internet connection test seem to be fine. Or at least no error either.

I tried to see if this is a PS5 only issue. On my PS4 it asks me to log in again.
When I enter my 2fa code I get this error: WS-37472-3.

On my PC when I open the store.playstation.com the site would load but but with a big error in the middle to check my internet connection instead of loading the actual store. When I log into my account I would get an empty white page with only a line "not acceptable" but this issue just randomly fixed it self.

I had the same issue last week. My ISP told me to reset my modem/router. An hour later or so everything was fine again for the whole week. Now I'm having the same issue again since yesterday afternoon. Modem reset didn't help this time. I called my ISP and they didn't know what's wrong.
So I hope someone has any idea what could be the issue.