OP
OP
Zep

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
First we complain about scarcity…Now we're talking about it flopping because you can still buy it like thats a bad thing. Relax.

adamYUKI

Oct 28, 2017
Have some of you still not received your emails yet? Even after ordering over 10 hours ago.

Got 2 orders received showing on the PlayStation Direct site.

1 x PS5 Pro (Standard)
1 x Dualsense Edge (30th Ed.)

Assuming I'm all sorted and secured here?

I'm in the same boat. Haven't gotten my confirmation email yet. I hope I'm all sorted. 🤔

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Haven't got a confirmation yet, but (assuming they don't come back in stock) I nabbed a pair of 30th Dualsense controllers from Walmart. I'm happy to resell one (not scalp) to someone who missed out.

Zerpette

Jun 23, 2023
for people who are buying PS5 Pros, are you also buying a disc drive?
I got a disc drive this morning with the Pro on a whim, even though I'll probably never use it since my library is 100% digital and I have a standalone Panasonic UHD player. FOMO collateral damage I guess, but it might come in handy.

It me, I'm the niche. Care about performance, never going to go PC.
I'm in the same niche.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess there's only one way to find out lol
Yeah, I didn't see it directly written confirmed like the disc drive was, but it looks exactly the same and I think they mentioned the dimensions of that part are the same in one of the videos hence how the drive will fit too, so I felt pretty confident to buy the stand too back when I bought the drive after the initial announcement was made.

Scotty

Nov 11, 2023
I just woke up at 3pm Eastern I was able to go to PS direct and order a pro before work. I for one am thrilled that I was able to do this. Especially after spending months refreshing websites for the original PlayStation 5. And only randomly achieving an order on Walmart like 7 months after it's original release. I wish it was always this easy.

And my disk drive and stand arrived a couple days ago. So I got that already taken care of too.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Leave it to Era to immediately jump to extremes.

I think it will do similar numbers to the PS4 Pro.

It's funny, I completely said nah to the PS4 Pro, but didn't mind getting this one. Granted it would have been wasted with my pitiful TV back then lol

I guess I'm the niche too? I play mainly single player games and like fancy graphics, and really don't want to build a PC until the 50xx cards are at the ti/super stage.

Not that I could afford it, but messing with PCs would just give me major anxiety about not having something top of the line for very long (because if I ever actually do it I wouldn't cheap out), and I just dislike the fiddling in general.

RainsJitt

May 14, 2024
Can you take your expansion SSD out of your current PS5 and stick it in the pro and play the games from it as long as you're signed into the Pro as the same account?

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so this morning I grabbed a standard PS5 Pro and a 30th anniversary PS Portal from Ps Direct.

While waiting in queue, I grabbed a 30th edition DualSense from BestBuy.

Wish I ordered the dualsense from ps direct as well as I don't trust best buy on pre orders on stuff like this anymore. Lol

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can you take your expansion SSD out of your current PS5 and stick it in the pro and play the games from it as long as you're signed into the Pro as the same account?

Yes. It's literally plug and play with HDD and SSD's you just have to be signed into your account so it can download all your game licences once before you can play offline again.

RainsJitt

May 14, 2024
Yes. It's literally plug and play with HDD and SSD's you just have to be signed into your account so it can download all your game licences once before you can play offline again.
Nothing official yet but that's how it worked when I swapped from my base PS5 that was having issues overheating to a PS5 slim. I'd assume it'd work the same on the pro.
Awesome, thanks. I guess I'll download the older games that are enhanced for Pro to my SSD before it arrives.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
The PS5 Pro is still in stock on UK Direct. Surprising, I thought it would sell out 🤔
It did at one point.

Never. All digital all day.
I just can't imagine doing this myself, not judging you just reflecting upon my own financials.

2 recent game purchases I made on PC (Silent Hill 2 and Metaphor) I paid £50 in total.

On PS Store those same 2 games are £120 in total.

Physical would be around £80 in total.

03sho

Nov 2, 2017
Hi folks, do we know when the Anniversary Slim is available at other retailers in the U.K.? And do we know which?

Never shopped on PS Direct before and ate they likely to have the slim anniversary model back in stock?