RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
2021-Dodge-Challenger-or-2021-Charger-Ryan-Lugo.jpg

After nearly two decades and more than 2 million units, production of the current Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger has finally come to a close. The final Charger and Challenger were completed on Friday.

The final Challenger was a pitch-black example of the SRT Demon 170, a source at the automaker told Road & Track. It is unclear if this was the final Challenger allocation sold for $700,000 back in June or an additional car destined for another purpose, but this was the final "L car" ever produced. The thousand-horsepower Challenger ended a line that also included the Charger, the Chrysler 300, and the short-lived Magnum wagon. Production across the four lines totaled over four million, with 1.4 million 300s and 1.8 million Chargers making up the majority of production.

The final Charger was also produced earlier in the day. That example was a destroyer gray Scat Pack Widebody, capping off a run of nearly 2 million LD-generation Chargers. The final 300C was produced earlier in the month, while the final 300 rolled off the line on December 20.

Although the Charger, Challenger, and 300 as we know them have finished production, Dodge is not getting out of the muscle car business. The Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept revealed last August indicates that the brand is moving into electric performance next, and a recent Christmas ad suggests that a production variant of the two-door Charger concept is not far off. A gas-powered variant has not been confirmed just yet, but The Drive reported in October that the car would eventually get the brand's new Hurricane inline-six.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/_2oePj_GPN8?si=ZEo3GJMoGgf4484f

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
the charger is going electric. did you not sew rhe video of the electric model with fake engine sounds from a couple months ago

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
What does this leave the dodge line up with? Just the new little suv that no one wants? Do they still make the durango?

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
My father is convinced that despite its current impracticality as his daily driver (he's 80), his Challenger R/T Scat Pack will be a huge collectors car in the future.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
I started a Challenger group on Facebook years ago with almost 70k members. We've known about this for awhile but the final day definitely was sad to me.

When I was kid I loved muscle cars. Got my first one in 2009. Started the group. Got a Hellcat now and I couldn't be happier. Unlike 95% of my group I can't wait to see the production version of the Charger EV Banshee. Even though I have zero way of charging at home.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fast and Furious is gonna have to buy up the remaining stock to finish the franchise

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scat Pack. The ultimate credit score tanker.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I sorta assumed these were already out of production - When I was on my hunt for a new car earlier this year to replace my Literally Coming Apart at the Seams 2006 Escape, I started looking at new Mustangs but a rather passive-aggressive-asshole family member of mine kept trying to shove Used Challengers in my face - All of which had asking-prices of like $80,000 and up. Which made me naturally assume they were already out-of-production and remaining stock was being gouged. And we're talking USED Challengers being listed for $80,000 - Unspecified amount of miles on the listings too!

...Had a lot more to rant about after some of the dumb bullshit I got put through by them on Christmas over my choice to buy a new 2024 Mustang instead but I don't think this is the thread for it lol.

Jeez, owning a new car is expensive? You don't say. I mean, I was only paying $1,500 a month repairing that damned ancient Escape every time something in it broke down from so much as being sneezed on. You know what's also expensive? Delivery Fees that usually end up being twice as much as the cost of buying something in-person.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Don't care for the Charger, but I always liked the way the Challenger had the classic looking body style.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I sorta assumed these were already out of production - When I was on my hunt for a new car earlier this year to replace my Literally Coming Apart at the Seams 2006 Escape, I started looking at new Mustangs but a rather passive-aggressive-asshole family member of mine kept trying to shove Used Challengers in my face - All of which had asking-prices of like $80,000 and up. Which made me naturally assume they were already out-of-production and remaining stock was being gouged. And we're talking USED Challengers being listed for $80,000 - Unspecified amount of miles on the listings too!

...Had a lot more to rant about after some of the dumb bullshit I got put through by them on Christmas over my choice to buy a new 2024 Mustang instead but I don't think this is the thread for it lol.

Jeez, owning a new car is expensive? You don't say. I mean, I was only paying $1,500 a month repairing that damned ancient Escape every time something in it broke down from so much as being sneezed on. You know what's also expensive? Delivery Fees that usually end up being twice as much as the cost of buying something in-person.
The used car market in the U.S. has been completely broken for a couple of years. I bought a slightly used 2013 Hyundai Sonata back in early 2014, far enough back when we could still pretend they weren't garbage cars. Paid $13k. I checked again about six months ago, and 2013 Hyundais were again going for $13k, even after all the mainstream news about theft problems.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the electric models ☺️ my goal is to get one once they get them out on the market.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
My father is convinced that despite its current impracticality as his daily driver (he's 80), his Challenger R/T Scat Pack will be a huge collectors car in the future.
Honestly, they made too many of the Scat Packs. The Hellcats, Demons, and Redeyes will be the ones collectors look for down the line - especially examples with ultra low mileage. That's not to say that a cherry Scat Pack won't fetch a decent price, but the really big money is going to be in the highest end of the product line.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Once you take away those dealerships from military towns, the chargers stop being made.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
What are all the high school kids with rich parents going to drive as their first car now?

sha1ashaska22

Sep 4, 2020
Thank god. Everytime I see a Charger I just assume the driver is an asshole, I can't even help the profiling at this point because it is true sooo incredibly often (no offense to the posters here who like them, presumably you aren't zooming through red lights, constantly tailgating, and off roading on sidewalks to save a few seconds).

I wonder what car will take the mantle for aggressive drivers that enjoy putting your life in peril.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I always thank them for their contribution to the bottom line when they blow past me at a stoplight.