Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yeeeah, nice. I got the first one on PSP. Wasn't super great, but I enjoyed my time with it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First one was a decent enough platformer. Haven't played the second.

Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing this but never gotten very far. I should definitely get this.

Gotta deliver that cake (?) to Etna!
(it's been years, so I forgot the initial plot of the first game).

qssm

Oct 26, 2017
I remember enjoying the first one on PSP so I guess this is a good chance to see how well it holds up nowadays.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fun games, just be aware the jump physics are Ghost and Goblins style. After you do your double jump, you are committing to it.

Didn't play 2 but I remember it's English dub was pretty bad since they didn't bring back the regulars for it.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
NISA, if you're reading this, I want your PS2 RPGs: Makai Kingdom, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave, Soul Nomad.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Phroawr, they were right to hype this ludicrously huge announcement up :p

Iirc, this is the first project the writer/director of Coven and The Labyrinth of Refrain (Tatsuya Izumi) 100% lead.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I remember having a LOT of fun with the first game, everyone who likes platformers should get it! Just be aware that they're hard as heck.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
there was no disgaea game for 3ds. prinny didn't come out for it either. nis barely released anything for the platform - they were all-in on vita and still are releasing a somewhat major game for it this year.

They did release some weird card game early on which had Laharl/Disgaea characters in it IIRC.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh wow, this being exclusive is surprising.
i know people like these games, but i remember trying the first game on psp for a bit and not enjoying it a whole lot. maybe i'll give it a second chance.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
How are these games if you haven't played Disgaea? This seems more up my alley.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched speed runs of these games and they look absolutely mental. Never gave them a shot but I will give them a go this time around.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Oh wow, didn't expect that. Only played the second game but it was really good.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Meant to buy these for years on Vita and just never got around to it, but I'll definitely pick it up on Switch

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Ugh no thanks. That first prinny game fooled me at the time with pretty 2D graphics. It's not good.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Never got the chance to play this but I heard they're pretty good games. I'll finally correct this.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Nice! These were in my to buy list for a bit but I don't mess with Vita and PSP much.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I hadn't thought about the Prinny games in a long time. Might have to grab the port if it comes out on physical.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I want NIS to port everything. Obviously I want new games like Disgaea 6, but they have a lot of games stuck on PS2, PS3, PSP, and Vita that need new life.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
I want NIS to port everything. Obviously I want new games like Disgaea 6, but they have a lot of games stuck on PS2, PS3, PSP, and Vita that need new life.

yeah. i want a portable soul nomad. hopefully if this is a test run, it does well enough that those kinds of games can be greenlit. never played zhp either and it's apparently the last 'classic' non-disgaea nis game before they started going nuts with so-so games made by tiny teams (with a few standouts along the way).

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I was hoping for Ys IX to be their second announcement and I'm actualy sad that it didn't get announced. HOWEVER, I always wanted to try out those Prinny games but never got around to do so. So yeah, I'm down for this. Love the art style.

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
These games were on my 'to buy' list for years, so I'll definitely be picking this up!

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing this fun PSP game come to Switch makes me wish Sony would ok Patapon. I know different companies but damn it's perfect, Dood!