• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
More black people need to vote republican so that democrats stop counting their votes as a shoe-in. When these democrats get into power, they forget about blacks because they know their votes are guaranteed. If they knew that blacks might vote republican, then they might actually do more to help them once they are in power. It's the same song and dance every election. Democrats pay lip service to minorities and then do nothing once the votes are counted.

Wait, but Republicans don't need to earn the black vote? Black people should just vote their way back into greater disenfranchisement?

Where did you take these "classes" again?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
More black people need to vote republican so that democrats stop counting their votes as a shoe-in. When these democrats get into power, they forget about blacks because they know their votes are guaranteed. If they knew that blacks might vote republican, then they might actually do more to help them once they are in power. It's the same song and dance every election. Democrats pay lip service to minorities and then do nothing once the votes are counted.
Ugh

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

619.jpg

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017

What ?!?!? No. People need to simply better educate themselves on the choices available to them in Primaries. Simply voting for another party out of spite seems infinitely less thoughtful.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck me, you're not woke you're just an idiot.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More black people need to vote republican so that democrats stop counting their votes as a shoe-in.
Don't primary candidates who haven't been doing shit with more progressive candidates

Don't vote for independent candidates

No, vote Republican. You actually think you're fucking smart for saying this shit too.

Nov 12, 2017
LA,CA
I like that this barely could even be considered a song. Like, instead of being a "hahaha I say crazy shit, here comes some publicity for my new wonderful single!" promotional push, you get this conversation that occasionally rhymes over a bare bones sample and a kick drum. I doubt this will even be officially released. It's two people hashing out one of the core debates of modern American political life. On radio, which is free no less. When do you fight? When do you unite? It's a bad song but it's a interesting skeleton of a debate or an idea.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks a lot, Kanye.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was tight at first, but this dude's take is so stupendously bad that this shit is funny now. It's like a Coli post.

deussupreme

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned 3 days for history of bad faith and disingenuous posting
Wait, but Republicans don't need to earn the black vote? Black people should just vote their way back into greater disenfranchisement?

Where did you take these "classes" again?

Both parties do, but it is clear that mindlessly voting democrat is accomplishing nothing. Minorities need to make their votes matter, and you do this by sending the message that their votes aren't guaranteed and will have to be earned.

Drive-by posting?

What ?!?!? No. People need to simply better educate themselves on the choices available to them in Primaries. Simply voting for another party out of spite seems infinitely less thoughtful.

See above. Minorities need to send a message that their votes aren't guaranteed. If either political party sees that votes of minorities can be swayed, then they will do more to go for them. You are already starting to see this with some republicans trying to win over Hispanic voters.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone talking about Kanye this week instead of North/South Korea was doing publicity for a record... :/

dusteatingbug

Dec 1, 2017
Both parties do, but it is clear that mindlessly voting democrat is accomplishing nothing. Minorities need to make their votes matter, and you do this by sending the message that their votes aren't guaranteed and will have to be earned.

Drive-by posting?

See above. Minorities need to send a message that their votes aren't guaranteed. If either political party sees that votes of minorities can be swayed, then they will do more to go for them. You are already starting to see this with some republicans trying to win over Hispanic voters.

the galaxy brain meme writes itself

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"You on some choosin' sides shit / I'm on some unifying shit."

"Actually wearing the hat to show people that we're equal."

"All blacks gotta be Democrats, man we ain't made it off the plantation."

"I know Obama was heavensent but ever since Trump won it proved I could be president."

"I feel an obligation to show people new ideas and if you want to hear them, they can tune right here."

"Make America Great Again had a negative perception, I took it, wore it, rocked it, gave it a new direction, added empathy, caring, love, and affection, and y'all simply questioning my methods?"

"I was in the Sunken Place and then I found a new me."

"Y'all been leading with hate, I been chosing something different."

Line about talking about politics instead of talking about crack, shooting someone, fucking your bitch, or all this Gucci "because I'm fucking rich."

Yeah this is why you can't just ignore politics, especially in hip hop. If this the shit he's spouting, I'll save myself the trouble and not bother.

Such a shame that one of my favs turns out like this. Damn shame.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
. If either political party sees that votes of minorities can be swayed, then they will do more to go for them. You are already starting to see this with some republicans trying to win over Hispanic voters.
Thanks for not responding to my post. By the way sick derail into the dumbest fucking electoral strategy I have ever heard.

I really want to believe you're trying to fuck with people but this sounds like some earnest surface level analysis compounded with hotep-level thinking.

Like you couldn't even go the damn stupid militant route and say "vote for black people regardless of party".

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

Hahahaha, NO. The last national Republican who actually appealed Hispanics was George Bush and he got over 40% of their vote in 2004. I'm sure you can find tons of examples of how Latinos are better of because they voted GOP back then.

Oct 25, 2017
Mindlessly voting democrat. Minorities are too stupid to realize the winning potential of voting republican?

You think this is a winning argument?

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017

Drive-by posting?

This is like white privilege became sentient and started posting on Era.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I really hope Kanye is trolling and has something crazy going on, I dont want one of my favorite celebs go like this.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha, NO. The last national Republican who actually appealed Hispanics was George Bush and he actual got over 40% of their vote in 2004. I'm sure you can find tons of examples of how Latinos are better of because they voted GOP back then.
For the record what they're referring to are the very small amount of think-tank advised politicians who see the demographics and think that expanding American Whitness to that demographic ala the Italians, Irish etc is the smarter move.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017

Drive-by posting?

Why do you assume that these vague "minorities" are mindlessly voting? Minorities need to vote forever the hell they want. Votes are not made at gunpoint. Reflexing voting against Democrats means you dont actually care about your vote, and are happy to cosign whomever is the Not-Democrat on the ballot. Seems like a waste. You are always free to abstain.

Oct 25, 2017

When are you going to put out another solo record, Mike? It's been six goddamn years.

Oct 27, 2017
Kanye would be a woke "centrist" god damn

Seeing the opinion "own the dems by putting my foot in a wood chipper and voting repub" is always great. Fucking what?

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Drive-by posting?

You are so full of shit. I'm sincerely asking you to please name me a few policies and proposals the GOP has to help us?

I'll go ahead and give you a few Dems are behind.
  • workers rights (discrimination in the workplace)
  • justice system reform
  • fixing the immigration system
  • investing in programs to help in the inner cities (after school programs, planned parenthood, mentorships)
Those are just off the top of my head. There is an entire section in the platform of the party in support of minorities.
Link

Let me know what you find in the GOP platform. Should be interesting.

While your searching for that lets quickly go over a few area's the GOP policies actively hurt minorities:
  • "Law and Order" the entire premise is thinly veiled racism.
  • Outright Islamaphobia
  • Refuse to even hold a vote on Daca (it has over 90% support) Please do tell me how they are winning over Hispanic voters by absolutely refusing to vote on DACA. Bold strategy cotton...
Again these are just a few off the top of my head.

So you're telling me I should 'protest vote' for a party that actively works against me? Yea get the fuck outta here.

EDIT - UGH GOD DAMN IT. I TRIED TO HAVE A DISCUSSION ON THE BAIT OF A TROLL THAT WAS BANNED.

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There's a sort of interesting ideological debate style on the track. Sonically, I don't care for it. Didn't care for most of TLOP save for a couple tracks, not exactly a Kanye fan.

I don't feel he's saying anything really all that "crazy" or controversial on the track itself. Some of the reactions seem overblown.