• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in the switch thread awhile ago. Pretty much exactly the same.

ebCdcGH.jpg

Thanks tabris for making the thread - I look on in envy and with plans for the extension we've just built. Once the kids have moved out and it is no longer their game room, hopefully it will be mine. Really like the above setup as it looks nice, clean but also cozy. Like the look of the television as well - what is it and is it good?

Coolwhip

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Re-posting from the old thread as nothing has changed.

gynIA2Y.jpg

ha4z8ri.jpg

s9f9uJF.jpg

CifyCKa.jpg

hT7DCs5.jpg

Regarding keeping a place clean and tidy: it's just a way of life I guess. Me and my wife clean the entire house every weekend and try to maintain it as tidy as possible throughout the year. Dusting is a relatively easy process thanks to swiffer. It's also a matter of where you live and with how many people you live. If I had kids, my place would not be even remotely as tidy as it is now.

Anyways, fantastic setups in this thread.

tabris: nice to see the history of your setups. Looking forward to your new thing!
leng jai: your setup never fails to amaze me. Very curious about your cable management.
valentine: geez that view, reminds me of my place in Greece.
Buttons: awesome, as always. It will be very hard for you to move out, lovely place. Happened to me with my last apartment, took me ages to get used to not living there.
potam: goddamn that's a great desk.

How big is the tv? Nice house btw.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My humble setup:

http:///BRCc.jpg

Samsung 55" KS8000 4K HDR TV
Sony STR-DN1040 Receiver
Paradigm Atom v7 Speakers
PS4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Xbox One X

It's a simple setup, but I love it.

valentine

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Thanks tabris for making the thread - I look on in envy and with plans for the extension we've just built. Once the kids have moved out and it is no longer their game room, hopefully it will be mine. Really like the above setup as it looks nice, clean but also cozy. Like the look of the television as well - what is it and is it good?
Its the KS8000. I think it's one of the best LED tv's before getting into OLED. HDR on it is pretty amazing.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All my stuff is in my bed room, so I just lounge on my bed whenever I'm playing a game. For reference the TV is 55". Pictured are the PS4, PS3, Switch and Wii U, not pictured are the Wii, 3DS and Vita.

tumblr_p201xgIjhA1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt I'm gonna make new pics anytime soon, so might as well copy/paste my old post:

This is my gameroom btw (obvious enough I suppose); completely its own entity in the house. The newer consoles are downstairs in the living room (I think there's a pic in the link).

dVUk0tE.jpg

More pics in the link below.
https://imgur.com/a/EipOx

Last edited:

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
This is the TV setup.

5RKLtoU.jpg

And these are the portables

hy8Rnxo.jpg

It's not fancy, but it's comfortable and I'm very glad for what is there. Not pictured are the PC, and PS3, both which are the bedroom on a currently messy and not-so-presentable desk :P.

Nice setup you have there! What's the calculator-looking object to the left of the DS4? And what PC case is that?

Last edited:

valentine

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Cheers - looks like it's been discontinued though. Has got me thinking though!
Depending on your region I believe the MU series replaced the KS model. Just be cautious with the 55" KS model you can't adjust the length of the legs so it requires a decent sized TV stand. I think the larger models you can adjust the placement of them.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
As per usual I'm always jealous of anyone who owns that Halo 2 statue. I used to ogle at them in the stores as a teen. Great Halo love in your setup :)/

What is that Halo 1 print from?
And who did you get it signed by?
I got the prints next to Chiefy while attending Halo Fest (10th anniversary Halo celebration adjacent to a PAX prime). That particular print is signed my Marty O'Donnell and others members of the dev team. The other print is signed by the artist (Eddie Smith).

It was totally worth flying to Seattle for Halo Fest, as I got to meet Marty, Frank O'Conner, and others involved in making Halo along with folks like Steve Downes (voice of Master Chief). Got lots of stuff for my room signed, including some of my figures signed by McFarlane.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Oct 28, 2017
Thread needs a dash of reality. I'm going to take a unmolested picture of my gaming setup when I get home. Jelly stuffed Wii U cases, buttonless 3ds' and headless Amiibo abominations that look like something from a Toy Story 1 deleted scene.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Nice setup you have there! What's the calculator-looking object to the left of the DS4? And what PC case is that?

That's actually an Xbox One controller but the thing to the left of it is just a cheap desk phone I bought on Amazon for like $25. I use it for work. The thing to the left of that is a Sennheiser UI760 that I use to connect said desk phone and my PC to a single headset 3.5mm headset. Can switch from my computer audio to phone with the press of a button. I work from home so it's vital for my setup.

The case is a CaseLabs Mercury S8S case. I bought it used because they are rather expensive.

stray_moogle

Oct 28, 2017
UK
A lot of old money here
Collections are built over the years, mostly decades. It is very typical for someone to have hundreds, even way above a thousand, games, if they've been playing and collecting since their childhood.

Setups are even easier to built, as you can buy components gradually and keep them for many years (if not forever). Paying 20k for a complete sound system across 5-10 years, which will probably outlive you, is not that bad. Besides, someone having a crazy system does not mean that they have crazy money too; compromises can be made in other departments. Setups are easy to showcase, that's the difference.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Collections are built over the years, mostly decades. It is very typical for someone to have hundreds, even way above a thousand, games, if they've been playing and collecting since their childhood.

Setups are even easier to built, as you can buy components gradually and keep them for many years (if not forever). Paying 20k for a complete sound system across 5-10 years, which will probably outlive you, is not that bad. Besides, someone having a crazy system does not mean that they have crazy money too; compromises can be made in other departments. Setups are easy to showcase, that's the difference.

You don't want to see my cable management fam, it's horrendous. Just appreciate it at the surface level :D

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt I'm gonna make new pics anytime soon, so might as well copy/paste my old post:

This is my gameroom btw (obvious enough I suppose); completely its own entity in the house. The newer consoles are downstairs in the living room (I think there's a pic in the link).

dVUk0tE.jpg

More pics in the link below.
https://imgur.com/a/EipOx

You know I love your gameroom but I also liked you saying you probably won't take new pics anytime soon. This made me think that I probably will do the same so here are the pictures from the last thread:

hJLW0dxh.jpg

IpdueRQh.jpg

WiiU, PS4, Xbone and Switch games and a few consoles and portables stay at my bedroom.

karlis

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.swooneditions.com/

I find their furniture quite nice and relatively cheap, especially if you buy during sales. I got my tv stand for £270 (reduced from 430), however it was a limited edition with only 18 produced (if I remember correctly). You can find a lot of similar ones on the website. Note that delivery times can be very tricky, took them 4 months to manufacture, ship and deliver mine.

Thanks a bunch! Now I've gotta figure out if they'd be willing to ship to Latvia. In any case, the site and furniture looks just great, I like the limited run idea.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Made a pic for the PC setup thread earlier, I really, really should have cleaned up a bit first but still, let's recycle that here:

xDvFWHg.jpg

On24jC4.jpg

I do own a TV and have quite a few other consoles & handhelds but really, this is the relevant stuff these days.
I'm sorry but it's been bugging me for several minutes. I can't name the switch game to save my life, what is it ?

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
You know I love your gameroom but I also liked you saying you probably won't take new pics anytime soon. This made me think that I probably will do the same so here are the pictures from the last thread:

hJLW0dxh.jpg
Love your setup. Everytime I see your wall of LED-lit shelving, I want to get rid of my 5 bookshelves and hire a contractor to do something similar in my room. I currently keep all my games in a media closet, consoles in built ins, and collectibles on shelves... but this looks so much cleaner.

Maybe someday I will plan it out, but seems like a lot of work, lol. Question: did you do this yourself or did you hire a closet company or something?

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's my gaming setup.

Wii U - Bottom left
Nvidia shield
Xbox one X
PS4
Nintendo switch
LG B7 4k oled

d9XXDNp.jpg

And my pc setup. Excuse the cabling - it's normally all hidden but I'm upgrading the pc and rejigging everything.

3x dell 25 u2515h 1440p monitors.
Oculus rift and touch
Intel i5 nuc with 32gb ram (lab machine)
Work laptop under the warthog Hotas Herman miller new 2017 Aeron chair.
You may just see the button on the left of the table. It's for a usb KVM switch so I can click between work laptop, lab machine and my pc. I soldered it into the KVM switch I bought and works a treat.

CO21Loh.jpg

Current pc which is In a temporary state running on i7, gtx 1080 and 16 GB.

New Thread ripper with 32gb on order

XwsrJSg.jpg

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
Love your setup. Everytime I see your wall of LED-lit shelving, I want to get rid of my 5 bookshelves and hire a contractor to do something similar in my room. I currently keep all my games in a media closet, consoles in built ins, and collectibles on shelves... but this looks so much cleaner.

Maybe someday I will plan it out, but seems like a lot of work, lol. Question: did you do this yourself or did you hire a closet company or something?

I hired a guy that was cheaper than a closet company but if you look closely you can find some parts that aren't as good looking as other parts.
But I highly recommend doing something like those shelves. Although expensive, it just looks great. One thing that I regret is putting just a strip of LED for 4 levels (like on the Gameboy part). It would be better if I had used one strip for every 2 levels.

Leithkorias

Oct 27, 2017
I especially love how people try to downplay it like it's nothing special.

I'm redoing my living room so should have some crappy pics to show this weekend.

Im still not following. Old money implies money that has been passed down for generations.

Old money isn't a term used to describe kids that got a job at 15 to save money to buy videogames. Started collecting them at a young age and now in their 30's have amassed large collections.

It doesn't describe enthusiasts who spend most of their time and money on one hobby.

It doesn't take as much as you might think to have a nice game room or setup. A decent job and no kids can do that for some. Do they have old money?

I was brought up dirt poor. Like on food stamps poor. My gaming setup doesn't reflect that. I'm not poor as an adult.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://imgur.com/a/pS3pX

Excuse the bad photos, just snapped quick ones with my iPhone. The lighting right now in my room isn't great.
Besides what's in the tv stand drawers (my physical games (around 15), extra controller, headset, cables, Vita, 2dsxl) the second picture is basically everything I own that's not normal utility stuff and clothes/bedding/few pictures. Oh and a few movies in a tiny disc case.

When I move to Japan later this year most of this will go. Having been big into minimalism the last year or so this will not bother me. Even all this stuff feels like too much most of the time.

Loving gaming means I own more then I generally like to but I'm working on it, I still make some "mistakes" like buying a XBO X which is sitting in my closet waiting to be sold. I'll be super happy to get rid of this huge PC tower.

I plan on only actually taking a carry on and one suitcase with me. I'll take my PS4, Vita, iPad and iPhone with me. If I buy a Switch it will probably be once I get there. The only books I plan are taking are my Junji Ito books (my friend is borrowing Tomie/Gyo) and some of the movies/anime. I'm mostly digital when it comes to games so I don't have to worry about that.

I'll buy a cheap small tv once I get there, and may buy a cheap windows laptop to play Deathsmiles/visual novels/RPG Maker Horror games on.

Edit: How the fuck do I post actual photos lol

It's possible that things may have changed since I last lived there, but in general TV and especially laptop prices are much higher in Japan than they are in the States. If you are planning to buy a laptop, I'd highly recommend getting one before you go over there as you'll be able to get something likely more powerful for a better price. You also might just want to buy a PC monitor over there (they're a lot cheaper than TVs) and use it for games instead of a TV, unless you want a large display.

When I first moved there, I only brought a laptop, one game console (the slim PS2- PS3 wasn't out yet!), and took some movies and games inside a DVD storage folder without cases/manuals. Left all that stuff back at my parents' house at home so I had the least amount of stuff and clutter possible. I'm not even sure if I'd bring even a few books over there...the lighter your luggage, the better. Maybe re-buy those manga digitally for reading on your iPad. Ditto on the PS4. Might just want to consider selling it off along with your Xbox One X and just picking up a new one later on over there. You'll also have better luck getting a Switch in the States since they can still be hard to find in Japan from what I have read.

If I was to ever move back over there, I'd probably ditch my entire gaming collection and just go 100% digital.

Last edited:

stray_moogle

Oct 28, 2017
UK
It doesn't take as much as you might think to have a nice game room or setup. A decent job and no kids can do that for some. Do they have old money?

I was brought up dirt poor. Like on food stamps poor. My gaming setup doesn't reflect that. I'm not poor as an adult.
Yep, this.

Obviously, some people earn a lot, which is reflected on their setups, but in general I cannot really understand the purpose of such comments.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I hired a guy that was cheaper than a closet company but if you look closely you can find some parts that aren't as good looking as other parts.
But I highly recommend doing something like those shelves. Although expensive, it just looks great. One thing that I regret is putting just a strip of LED for 4 levels (like on the Gameboy part). It would be better if I had used one strip for every 2 levels.
Thanks. As a follow-up, did you design the shape and dimensions for all of the shelving to fit your collection, or did you have the contractor help with that after you provided him with an overview of what you were after?

Maybe I should convince my wife that I need to remodel the back of my room before the 2019 thread ;).

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. As a follow-up, did you design the shape and dimensions for all of the shelving to fit your collection, or did you have the contractor help with that after you provided him with an overview of what you were after?

Maybe I should convince my wife that I need to remodel the back of my room before the 2019 thread ;).

we hired an architect to redesign a few things around the house and the game room was one of those things. She designed the shelves and then I hired the person to build it.

Hammee

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Nice setups in here, but some people may want to look up what the word "humble" means.

OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Posting setups consisting of high end equipment and calling it humble.

There's only one person who posted saying the word humble, and that equipment is on mid-end of the market. It's not an expensive OLED or high end AV receiver. I believe that's what he meant by my humble setup.

deadpixels

Oct 30, 2017
Newark, Delaware
Some pics from the setup in my office where I keep most of my retro collection.

19554600_10214798338736017_2348274548368203836_n.jpg

22050160_10214798340776068_7512855488381488025_n.jpg

22089902_10214798339776043_7068546791044895240_n.jpg

22141084_10214798339736042_1820988022692393864_n.jpg

22140926_10214798341696091_8961647874808881469_n.jpg

22089707_10214798338776018_7747455326760307952_n.jpg

Some of my home arcade and current-gen setup.

15037346_10211577292131865_5229984393639148223_n.jpg

15107293_10211577292491874_6981208006420524029_n.jpg

15037127_10211577301252093_2167286492476369697_n.jpg

15078725_10211577294371921_4325725140521647435_n.jpg

I'll be changing things up a bit later this month after I upgrade the Samsung UHD set to a LG C7 OLED. The current plan is to wall-mount the Samsung in the retro game room above the 36" Trinitron so I can have a solid mix of modern and retro gaming all in one room.