Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
One of my favorite is Ali Bomaye (running scene) in Ali.

It still gives me goosebumps when I watch it. It perfectly captures Ali realizing how important his presence is, how it goes so far beyond boxing. He's now a symbol for hopes and dreams.

Also, the music is amazing.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Brooks was here.

youtu.be

Mr.Brooks scene from the shawshank redemption

The Shawshank redemption

My brother rented Shawshank and it was already 20 minutes in...but I watched the rest with him and I think this part was the first major moment I really emotionally resonated with a movie when I was a kid. A damn fine start into being a cinephile; and certainly a movie I'd still argue is one of the finest ever made.

Dec 16, 2017
The realization that the memories of her dying daughter and failed marriage were actually moments that hadn't happened yet and she chose to find joy in the moments she was going to have with those people despite that was really powerful for me. It's really easy to not enjoy the moment, fearing an unhappy future, and this movie spoke directly to that.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm

Something from The Fountain for sure. The philosophy of the movie really became a large part of my own spirituality. The peace she feels provides me with tranquility, the simplicity and logic of it all.

A scene....

www.youtube.com

The Fountain - Great Scene

Great Scene from The Fountain

edit:

The realization that the memories of her dying daughter and failed marriage were actually moments that hadn't happened yet and she chose to find joy in the moments she was going to have with those people despite that was really powerful for me. It's really easy to not enjoy the moment, fearing an unhappy future, and this movie spoke directly to that.

Yep it's such a powerful ending.

Last edited:

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Giri/Haji - when the series climaxes with a dance scene.

Spoiler-ed because this was one of the most immensely satisfying things I've witnessed in some time and you should watch the whole show if inclined:

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Mindwalk

John Heard's delivery is perfect, and it's the perfect conclusion to the whole conversation that precedes it.

I go back to this scene from time to time, it speaks so much to me.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Unfortunately I couldn't find the entire scene from Youtube anymore, but the scene in Elephtant Man where Merrick visits the doctor's home and meets his wife. There's incredible amount of humanity in it, in a film about a man seen as a monster by the society. But here's a clip from the scene.
www.youtube.com

The Elephant Man movie HD (1980) - Best Film Scene -

In my opinion, this is the most powerful scene in the film; quiet but powerful.If you ever want to learn acting watch Hannah Gordon, the woman, from 0:58 on-...

I admit that I'm not generally a big fan of Lynch, but Elephant Man is an incredible film.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Portraitdelajeunefille25.jpeg

Portrait de la jeune fille en feu. Those who have seen it will know.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
The opening scene of Up...just excellent.

Also, Avengers Endgame where Captain America uses Mjolnir. Followed by "On your left" and everyone forms up to take on Thanos' army. God damn, I got exhilarated chills for each moment.

-Hyperion-

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 14, 2021
Here's an obscure one, Renaissance (2006).

Daniel Craig is a cop in future Paris confronting a scientist who abducted a colleague.

Trailer for the rest of the movie.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
In Road to Perdition, when they've stopped at a farmhouse with an older couple and Michael Sullivan Sr. is sitting in a chair on the deck watching his son, the boy waves and the woman says "He dotes on you. You don't see it."

It's such a small effective moment of script and performance and staging and score coming together. I wish I could find a clip.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
I know this scene gets talked about so much, and maybe I'm not sure how well it reads for people who never saw the movie but the Leap of Faith scene from Into the Spider-Verse still lives in my head rent free.

youtu.be

'A Leap Of Faith' Scene | Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse [2018]Miles masters his powers and goes to May to acquire web-shooters and repaint one of Peter's suits.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
youtu.be

LOTR The Two Towers - The Tales That Really Mattered...

Sam's speech in Osgiliath, at the end of the Two Towers. (HD Blu-ray)Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be ...

Maybe an obvious choice, but reduces me to tears every time I watch it.

I'd also post something from The Leftovers but it's not a movie

But there are so many scenes that touch your soul. There's probably one every episode at least.

Fuck it, it's too good

www.youtube.com

[The Leftovers] Nora bar scene - "You're not in pain!"

Season 1 Episode 6 "Guest""Nah?"

www.youtube.com

The Leftovers - 01x06 - Nora Meets Holy Wayne

I do not own any of this content. All the rights belong to HBO.

Recently went through it again with my GF who had never seen it, and re-affirmed that it's my favorite HBO show. Just incredible.

Oct 28, 2017
I know this scene gets talked about so much, and maybe I'm not sure how well it reads for people who never saw the movie but the Leap of Faith scene from Into the Spider-Verse still lives in my head rent free.

youtu.be

'A Leap Of Faith' Scene | Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse [2018]Miles masters his powers and goes to May to acquire web-shooters and repaint one of Peter's suits.

To that point when it's echoed at the end always gets me. I identify with the scene a lot personally. Even Miles Brooklyn accent: "you gotta go home mang" just hits me.

Grips Miles arm. "How do I know I'm not going to mess it up again?"

"You won't."

"Right. It's a leap of faith."

Tears.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not watching this movie again. Once is enough. It is a masterpiece but also, it destroys the soul.
That is exactly how I have felt ever since is saw this movie in high school (I'm 44 now.) Like I am serious when I say if you have the slightest interest in film you NEED to watch Schindler's List at least once.

On topic,

Endgame when Steve gives all the avengers Bardic Inspiration (sorry, that's what he did)
youtu.be

Avengers: Endgame (2019) - "Whatever It Takes" | Movie Clip HD

Avengers: Endgame (2019) - "Whatever It Takes" | Movie Clip HDCredits:- TM & © Disney / Marvel StudiosAbout Movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154796/Buy i...

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017

Oh that arrival.

I expected this arrival.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I won't mention any obvious scenes that are meant to be very emotional, but I'll mention two surprisingly romantic endings to blockbuster movies, John Carter and Spider-Man 3.

The ending to John Carter in particular blew me away when I saw it. I did not expect the movie to end on
a 10-year quest to reunite with his wife

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to post the butterfly scene in Still Walking but it's not anywhere on YouTube. The festival scene from Shara is also good:

I need to watch Portrait of a Lady on Fire it seems