• I played all 3 games in order on one system with all DLC

Votes: 546 32.0%
  • I played all 3 games but didn't experience all DLC missions

Votes: 503 29.5%
  • I played all 3 games, but out of order or on different systems

Votes: 86 5.0%
  • I played 1 or 2 of the games, but not all three

Votes: 317 18.6%
  • I played Mass Effect Infiltration. And only Mass Effect Infiltration.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in Mass Effect. Why am I here?

Votes: 35 2.1%

• Total voters

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've been sitting on this poll until a proper unveiling, and today's the day.
uUFYQbP.gif

Yes, I'm very happy, and I've been asking for this thing for a VERY long time. I'm also a die-hard Mass Effect fan whose main experience was with the games on Xbox 360 years ago.

Let's be blunt: Mass Effect Trilogy had a stupid, weird, convoluted release over the years, and as much as I and many others loved it, I've quickly realized a lot of people played different games in a different order on different systems.

Let's break it down.

Mass Effect 1 released on the Xbox 360 on Nov 20, 2007, then PC in 2008, then PS3 in 2012 (AFTER ME2 and only as part of the Trilogy collection). The Platinum Hits, PC, and PS3 versions include Bring Down the Sky. The PC got Pinnacle Station for free and it was unavailable for PS3 players.

Mass Effect 2 released on Xbox 360 and PC on Jan 26, 2010, then PS3 in 2011. The PlayStation 3 version included the Kasumi – Stolen Memory, Overlord, and Lair of the Shadow Broker packs. The Cerberus Network (including Zaeed) DLC was eventually made free, while Arrival remained paid.

Mass Effect 3 released on Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 in March 2012, then Wii U in November 2012. The Extended Cut DLC was free for everyone. The Wii U version includes From Ashes (providing a new party member). All the rest - Citadel, Omega, Leviathan - remain paid, and never came to the Wii U version.

The Mass Effect Trilogy was released as a bundle in November 2012 and included SOME DLC specific to each system:
  • Xbox 360:
    • Cerberus Network
    • Mass Effect 3 Online Pass
  • PC:
    • Bring Down the Sky (on-disc)
    • Pinnacle Station (on-disc)
    • Cerberus Network
  • PlayStation 3:
    • Bring Down the Sky (on-disc)
    • Cerberus Network
    • Kasumi - Stolen Memory (on-disc)
    • Overlord (on-disc)
    • Lair of the Shadow Broker (on-disc)
    • Mass Effect 3 Online Pass
For PC players, there was a migration of sorts as well, as EA's acquisition of Bioware moved them away from other store support and the Bioware store (which used proprietary "Bioware points" to buy DLC) and made them Origin games with an ecosystem funneled through the Origin store. This caused complications.

So the trilogy was released over 4 platforms (5 if you want to count Origin as its own), all in various states, with various content missing, sometimes even out of chronological order. Some people jumped in with ME2 then went back and played ME1. Some people used the Genesis comics to skip games. Some played on one system, then the next game on another system, then the last game on another system. In many cases, the cross-game progression was botched or lost.

It's a mess, but for many of us - many that didn't have options - this was how we played the series.

This is why the Legendary Edition is so important, because for both new players and old, this is the first time EVER that a definitive "complete" version of the trilogy has ever launched complete and accessible.

For new players... I envy you. And for old players, what was your history? Will this release give you something new? Or were you lucky enough to shell out for all the DLC?

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was a PS3 kid who got 2 when he heard about 3, and binged it in an entire weekend. I didn't leave the basement for a minute lmao. 3 came out, solidified my love, my friends got really annoyed at how much I talked about it at lunch. I'm really excited to do a full series binge.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Played the first one on Xbox 360. Second and third one on PS3.

I also didn't play any of the DLCs for ME1 and ME3.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Played everything on PC at launch.

Buying the Legendary Edition at launch.

ME2 the GOAT

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I devoured ME1 and ME2, all content, multiple times over.

I did a playthrough and a half of ME3 and never played the DLC. lol

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
I unfortunately did have to play ME across different systems and could never transfer my save! Lol. Not that I would have remembered a lot of winks and nods, only played the games once a piece, around release. Excited to be able to finally connect a single Shep through (and play them close enough together to remember everything aha).

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Played ME2 which I loved.

Played ME3 which was awful in comparison.

The only exposure I got to Andromeda was that notorious Youtube video showing how broken it was.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Played everything on X360. Only thing I didn't finish was Pinnacle because I triggered the impossible bug. It was forgettable though, so nothing lost there.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm likely going to get it at some point. I played ME2 for a bit but because I was on PS3 and couldn't play the first game at the time, I lost interest.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I played them all on xbox with some dlc here and there

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I played all 3 games on PC with all DLC but Citadel.

I played ME2 with all DLC on playstation.

I know it's supposed to be great, but the end just soured me too much. Kind of glad I saved it now as it will give me a reason to push through 3 again with these.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Mass Effect Infiltrator was better than it had any right to be. There was also that other iPhone game as well.

which just reminds me I was "deep" into mass effect back on 360. Even got all the achievements in 1 & 2. 3 have the galaxy ar war stuff kinda screwed me over, but I'm close.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
It will be my first time ever playing a Mass Effect game.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Played all of them at launch and a few years ago on Xbox One X, but I didn't finish all of the DLCs, so I'm hyped for this one to finally be able to do a 100% full playthrough

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
Got all three collector's editions. Played all at launch. Full gamerscore for each. Some of my favorite times that gen especially the first one. From the synth music, to wondering who shadow broker was.

To the credits song, great ride. And when finally realizing they were even better, playing them on insanity.

Not digging 360 out of closet. On pc it's fun to go back. Wanted a remaster they deserve it.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Played everything on the 360 after a friend gave me his copy of ME1. Immediately bought ME2 after finishing the game and bought ME3 day 1. Bought all the DLC, as well. Easily one of my fav series ever.

I probably won't get LE day 1, as I did a replay of the series on XB1 a couple years ago, but I will be getting it, for sure.

pizzaparty

Oct 28, 2017
I've played ME1 - 3 and the DLC all at launch. Very excited to see what the remake/remaster end up being.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
The day I bought my Xbox 360 (2009) I got Gears, Mass Effect, and Star Wars Force Unleashed with it. By the time I finished Mass Effect, ME2 was right around the corner so I played that right away and played all of the DLC for that. Then I played probably 40 hours worth of the ME3 demo (for MP), and jumped onto ME3 day 1.

I replayed ME and ME2 via Xbox One BC recently, so I'm interested to see the updates to those games in the legendary edition, though because I already have access to these games I'm not sure if I'll jump in day one.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Played the first three games on xbox 360. Will get the Legendary edition on pc.

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Easily put 300+ hours into multiple playthroughs. My last playthrough was the 'definitive' one with all DLC and everyone who can live alive at the end.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Played 1&2 on X360 and then 1&2&3 on PC with all DLCs.
Really loved this series, except the ending. The ending became better with some extra things after release though.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Played all three games with all DLC multiple times in multiple systems (PS3 and X360, but also replayed the 360 versions in the Xbox One S and am currently replaying it on the Xbox Series X). I love this franchise.

shadoclone

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Played and loved all 3 w/DLC + Andromeda, in order but on different systems, played 1 on 360, 2&3 on PS3, and Andromeda on PC. I've also replayed them all on PC at least once each, and am beyond excited for the legendary edition The only thing I've never really touched is the multiplayer.

Oct 28, 2017
Played (and loved) all three on the 360 with all the DLC. Bought all three on PC later on, again with all DLC. Preordered Legendary Edition on Steam - can't wait for May.

Diablo Rosso

Apr 18, 2018
I played the first one on 360 and then the collection on PS3. No DLC except what was included with those.

Ser Ignatius

Chicken Chaser
Apr 15, 2020
Played all three of them multiple times. One of my favorite series to revisit. Very much looking forward to this, will be day one unless there are major issues.

digreyfox

Nov 7, 2017
Perhaps there should be an option for people who played the trilogy but have no interest in the Legendary Edition.

I'm on that boat. Played mass effect 1 to completion on 360, followed by ME2 also on 360 (which killed my elite, got graphical artefacts and froze one time, never came back), and finally mass effect 3 also on 360. Single save file from 1 through 3 with the ideal scenario at the end of ME2. No craving to do it all again.

Also, perhaps unfairly, looking at the reveal trailer, the games look the same as I remember them (they're not, but they look like I remember them), so I don't really see the benefit.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Played 1 and 2 on xbox with the same character and adored them, then was hyped for 3 but was too busy around launch and eventually ended up never playing it ever because I heard so many terrible things about it and I didn't want it to retroactively ruin my memories of the first two.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bounced off 1 multiple times, played 2 to completion and loved it, was excited for 3 but dropped it after a few hours - really underwhelmed. All on PC.

Unsure as to whether I want the Legendary Edition. If I got it I may well dive straight in to 2 again.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Played ME2 and 3 on PS3 first, then played the full trilogy on PC, then played it all again on another PC with all the DLC just a couple years ago as Femshep. I tailored the last one to make the ending more effective (romance Thane, become BFFs with EDI, go with Synthesis, emotions will be had).

Probably not gonna get the Legendary Edition at launch since I'm not feelin' Mass Effect-y atm. Maybe once we see the new ME and I start getting hyped up.

swnny

Oct 27, 2017
Played the first one on release on xbox360 and loved it.
Played the second one on release on 360 and hated it.
My interest in the series died even more with the release of the third one and how bad the ending was. Didnt even bother to pick it up.
Cant comment on Andromeda, but those yt videos were at least funny to watch.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I played all 3 + all DLC on PS3 through the Mass Effect collection. Rebought them all on PC and looking forward to the Legendary edition. :)

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Everything on 360 and PS3. Mass Effect is the greatest gift Microsoft and BioWare have ever given me and I thank them for it everyday.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Since I only owned a PS3 at the time, I played Mass Effect 2 first. Some how my file got deleted and it bummed me out so much that I never purchased 3. I thought about buying the collection on PS3 since it included the first one but by the time I was interested I had the PS4 and I my interest in going back and playing PS3 games plummeted.

That is all to say that I feel like this collection was made for me and I am seriously hype to finally get a chance to experience the entire series. Even though I played the entire Dragon Age series, I hope a similar collection is made for that as well.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Played through ME1 about 12-15 times, ME2 about 10-12 times, ME3 about 8-10 times. All available at the time DLC for every playthrough.

About half on Xbox 360, the rest modded on PC.

I was hyped and locked onto Mass Effect ever since the X05 teaser trailer from 2005:

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Own all the Steelbook versions on 360. Loved all 3 games but didn't 100% them all, just mainly did the main story of each game.

Looking forward to this new updated edition.

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
Played all 3 and DLCs on 360.

ME1 is a top 20 game for me.
ME2 I hate with a passion, one of the most disappointing games ever made.
ME3 was better than 2 but not close enough to 1 for me to really enjoy it.

I play ME1 every year so I'd be interested in seeing what the remaster of that is like. No interest in playing 2 and 3 again.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I played 10 hours of the first game then lost my save and never returned to it. I'm not sure I'm going to play the Legendary edition tbh, but I am a tiny bit tempted.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Played them all on multiple systems, multiple times.

Still really looking forward to playing through it again.

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
Never played any ME. Barely seen footage of Andromeda. And I'm a sucker for space shit. But the first trilogy happened when I wasn't gaming much. I'm looking forward for this and hopefully I will be blown away!