ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017

I ABSOLUTELY believe police brutality of black people in America is disproportionately cruel compared to other races. But I also wanted to bring up this example of police brutality against a white female teenager.

The police got away completely unscathed and she had to plead guilty, receiving a 1 year probation sentence.

This young lady could have been your sister, your daughter, your wife, or your girlfriend. Not being polite doesn't mean you deserve to be beaten.

ALL OF US should be united against injustice.

Unfortunately, I'm coming to the realization that we really need a much more politically active citizenry. Especially for local politics. And we need more great talent to work in public roles and not go private. It's really not something we can all just cruise and watch Netflix, enjoy restaurant food, travel.. and not get involved in. We need to all straight up put in hours if not dozens of hours a year, participating in our local politics and local governance. And that's hard if not impossible, but if we can get more Bernies and AOCs in politics, we'd all be so much better off.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Saw that, the most shocking part was her skin color being light. Not even white privilege is immune from cop privilege.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised if that cop has a history of harassing teenage girls and groping them during arrests.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This is why we protest... Fire those idiots immediately and charge them with assault

And no, it's not like white ppl are ever immune from police brutality and murder

Daniel Shaver

www.nytimes.com

From 2017: Video Shows Daniel Shaver Pleading for His Life Before Being Shot by Officer (Published 2017)

The video, released after an Arizona jury acquitted the officer of murder, renewed calls for reforms in law enforcement. Activists described the shooting as an execution.

This is crazy.

Deleted member 71677

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 12, 2020
A weird synopsis, OP.

Anyway, that video is just brutal and I just don't understand how such a thing can be allowed in this day and age.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Oh this is a little old. Not that that makes it meaningless. But I thought this was new.

Oct 29, 2017
It always seems the biggest thing that sets off these cops is anyone even remotely questioning them or their authority. It just sends them beserk.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jeez that is horrific.

On what grounds would she be asked to take a breathalyser test?

And yes these animals will abuse any race that doesn't comply to there BS.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that's the thing right?
Cops are bastards to everybody. They are just way bigger bastards to minorities.
If we hold cops accountable for the things they do to minorities guess what? We also hold them accountable for things they do to anybody else.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
You get a bunch of 20+ year old kids, trapped at a 2nd grade reading level, and give them the power to enforce their own ego as the law.... What could possibly go wrong?

If she plead guilty, it was likely because she was scared shitless by the police who really wanted her to be pinned on something.

ACAB

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
She had to plead guilty? What the hell, is there an article about this?
Yeah so doing a little more reading, this is a 2018 incident. She apparently was being difficult, I dunno, when they asked her to take a breathalyzer because cops found two Twisted Teas nearby. She had not been drinking and obviously got upset. They kept on her or something like that which is when they basically beat her. So she plead to one charge which had a 1 year probation term and everything else was dropped. In October, she filed a civil suit against the city but I can't find any result of that.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i've been thinking about it the last few days and reading what happened with his murderer makes me so upset

www.knoe.com

Officer who killed unarmed, sobbing man to get $31,000 a year pension

A police officer who was acquitted of murder after he killed an unarmed man in an Arizona hotel will get thousands of dollars a month for the rest of his life, according to information newly obtained by the media.

I can't respond to this. I'd get a perm.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Ironically, all lives matter should be a rallying cry against police brutality. Instead, it's used to dismiss these issues.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I think one of the main reasons why public opinion has turned against the poilice recently is the footage of white protesters getting brutalized by pigs.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Yeah, I remember seeing that video before. Really shows the bully mentality that all cops seem to have.

I'm a very "respectable looking" (i.e. no tattoos, no piercings, etc) white man, and I still get police fishing for information when they talk to me, always tensed to go for their gun at the slightest twitch. They aren't here to protect any of us.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They can never accept they are wrong. Take a breathalyser test, it doesn't pop dirty which they expected so instead of apologising and moving on they need to do something else.

It's disgusting.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is why I don't see how anyone can defend the police. Surely they must realise it could easily be you having to face their BS one day.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
This is why we protest... Fire those idiots immediately and charge them with assault

And no, it's not like white ppl are ever immune from police brutality and murder

Daniel Shaver

www.nytimes.com

From 2017: Video Shows Daniel Shaver Pleading for His Life Before Being Shot by Officer (Published 2017)

The video, released after an Arizona jury acquitted the officer of murder, renewed calls for reforms in law enforcement. Activists described the shooting as an execution.

He even got a untaxed pension for that murder. Fuck this shitty state.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
This was 2 years ago, by the way.

Cape May county prosecutors initially tried to have her take a plea deal where she would have plead guilty to fourth-degree aggravated assault. She did eventually plead to disorderly conduct and was banned from Wildwood for a year. She has since sued the town and the individual officers for the way she was treated, claiming that the officers lied about how she was resisting to justify the unnecessary use of force.

The cops by the way weren't full time. In many Shore communities in Jersey "seasonal cops" are brought on to help patrol the beaches, and usually come in two varieties "Special 1" and "Special 2." Special 2 cops are allowed to carry firearms while on duty.

The only real qualification is that they need to have attended 280 hours or 35 8-hour days of training at a police academy for arrest, search and seizure, criminal law, and use of deadly force. They only annually need to qualify to continue being able to use a firearm.

Last edited:

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would they even bother to breathalyse someone on the beach.
That beach might technically be private property that prohibits public intoxication.

Its irrelevant though, the cop should have immediately walked away after she willingly proved in good faith that she wasn't intoxicated. I'd argue his further escalation and harassment is what led to the situation getting out of control.

She filed a civil suit against him but it won't do shit considering they'll just cite her guilty plea and use it against her.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
white people get fucked up by police too. Everyone just victim blames anyone who is beaten or shot by police.. The nation has some mental block to allow police to do anything if you committed a crime, and that's any crime. Id imagine that's because crime is mostly associated with POC. These are just the collateral damage instances.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I believe racism is the most obvious number one issue with policing, but even if we waved a magic wand and eliminated it, the police system would still be broken. The protests really should have shown people that. You aren't allowed to question their authority.

misho8723

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Wait, there are people who think that police brutality/violence on white people doesn't exist? Yeah, countries where the majority of population is white are definitely without any such cases... yeah, sure..
Man, police (police members) can - and will - find any reason why and how to abuse its power

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
The response from the Blue Lives Matter crowd is always "you don't see white people rioting over this!!111!". They don't seem to understand that the white people who don't care about these abuses of power is an indictment against them. Then again, it's completely in line with their stunning inability to experience empathy and compassion.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
full video. It actually makes the cops look somehow worse and even more petty.

So she was literally doing nothing wrong? Well I'm shocked! The cop literally says you aren't allowed to open and consume alcohol in response to her pointing out there is no alcohol open. He literally tries to redefine the law as not being allowed to see a container of alcohol.
Also appreciate her constantly calling them white trash.
And this really goes back to my earlier point that it's not just about racism with police, they demand authority and think somebody not respecting them is grounds to beat them.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is what happens when you have an extremely low barrier of entry into the police force. We are giving anyone who wants a stupid amount of practically unchecked power combining that with a lack of proper training. These people should be taught to de-escalate situations but instead they are escalating them because of ego and because they have no one to stop them.

When you factor in that a majority of these guys are just uneducated and grow up in a society of racism it leads to a situation like we are today.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely astounding that they get away with this shit, and never need to justify why they arrest someone, let alone shoot 'em.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can anyone think the current US police force is in anyone's best interest apart from themselves and their union.

Tear it down and start again.

ps3ud0 8)

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
We need a complete overhaul of the policing system. New mandatory training starting with new cops. Education requirements for all police. This type of behavior is just fucking absurd.