Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Something that I don't see a lot of people talking about that I'd like to see return in Scarlet/Violet from PLA is the interactive elements of the Pokémon. Letting them come out of their balls, having the feature that allows the Pokémon to interact the trainer with each other, it allowed for some great screenshot material and it was such a small but impactful thing for me that allowed your Pokémon to feel like more than just battle weapons.

I genuinely hope they also keep the feature from isle of armor that allowed your Pokémon to follow you around in the open world (I hated that feature being stuck in that tiny area). They already have the animations for all the Pokémon to walk around if they are going to all be visible in the world, even better if you can ride your Pokémon instead of the dumb bike.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I dont think that is the case since
Ingo is another time traveler and they seem to be hinting we´ll know more about (his real identity and life before losing his memory) in the next set of present period games. So him and Volo give the impression that they are going to tie Arceus to the games whether it is for a smaller part in the story or post game story quests
Ingo is from the battle train in gen 5.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Speaking of elements from Arceus that might be in, does anyone get the impression the postgame Miss Fortune Sister encounters felt like GF testing how trainers could work in an open world?

Salamiaddict

May 15, 2018
Northern Germany
I really really hope the main mechanics from PLA return, like seemless battles and catching without fighting first (the battle mechanic can go f* itself - that was some random BS). I can just imagine how cool it must feel to really be exploring and finding NEW Pokémon. I'd think that really adds to the sense of wonder, which was only dampened in PLA by only having "old" Pokémon to discover.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I made this 3 years ago to the day back when Sword/Shield were going to be announced. Some of them still aren't there yet.
FMvS9yeVQAAjhLh

For character customization, the fact they're leading with pre-designed characters again means you're getting the same gen 7 character picker to start with and you have to start as a 7 year old boy or girl again. So Legends Arceus aging up the main character isn't a trend. But the school uniform look means a school might finally play a role in the game, finally solving that question of why don't these kids go to school.

PLA also finally brought variable size and weight of Pokemon, something that could have been done even in Sword/Shield. Just hope they bring back the simplified stat raising as it's been needlessly tedious and hidden for too long.

The simplified catching mechanics would be appreciated. Nobody has time to be tossing ball after ball on uncatchable overleveled Pokemon. And wild Pokemon outside of battle is now thankfully the norm.

More voices would be nice. I can't believe I was misled in PLA assuming the barely-voiced main character would have meant more voices in general. Instead they are literally the only voices in the game lol. As Pokemon Masters has shown, even short, voiced phrases makes characters feel alive and go a long way in making characters memorable. You can't have "movies" and your eyes glued to a high-contrast text box reading what's going on with the mute characters. Or these oddly silent mid-battle messages gen 8 did. And voiced Pokemon? Lol Detective Pikachu got me spoiled. That's never gonna happen in a mainline game. But the enhanced Pokemon "voice" work in PLA is a decent direction.

One more thing I'd like to see is improved cave areas. They've clearly struggled since abandoning tile-based movement. Sword/Shield's were a joke. The DLC had that one that was decent. And PLA's were lacking, too. Will this finally turn things around?

jankuza

Jan 13, 2021
Crazy Idea:

We saw that Pokémon Battlefield with the Pokemon Type Circle around it. What If you fight all your Gym Battles there? In the Open-World you find Gym Leaders, do quests for them and then you can battle them in the big city.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Crazy Idea:

We saw that Pokémon Battlefield with the Pokemon Type Circle around it. What If you fight all your Gym Battles there? In the Open-World you find Gym Leaders, do quests for them and then you can battle them in the big city.
I thought this too but if we go to the other towns/cities to find them then why not just have their gym be there? I guess I could see the game flow be like: hub city --> travel to new town --> find gym leader --> return for gym battle in main city --> repeat. Could be neat tbh

Salamiaddict

May 15, 2018
Northern Germany
I thought this too but if we go to the other towns/cities to find them then why not just have their gym be there? I guess I could see the game flow be like: hub city --> travel to new town --> find gym leader --> return for gym battle in main city --> repeat. Could be neat tbh
I could see that... sounds like a nice idea. Maybe you have to do some quests before the city's gym leader finally accepts a battle in the hub town

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

I would prefer traditional battles in each city with Gyms and small puzzles inside.

Charbox

May 21, 2018
I hope we don't have to wait until June to get the next trailer like we did for Sword and Shield

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I really really hope the main mechanics from PLA return, like seemless battles and catching without fighting first (the battle mechanic can go f* itself - that was some random BS). I can just imagine how cool it must feel to really be exploring and finding NEW Pokémon. I'd think that really adds to the sense of wonder, which was only dampened in PLA by only having "old" Pokémon to discover.
Seemless battles are all but confirmed, but the wording of the website seems to imply that catching without batting first is gone.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny and refreshing to have a new game reveal that didn't stir up any major controversy this time. There's the usual graphics talks but even then it's milder than before.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't know, I felt it was kind of a call back to Gen 1, with an almost-red and almost-blue color. That can't be a coincidence right?
My guess is they were chosen since they are opposites on the light spectrum

Also i kinda have a hunch - Light is going to play a major role in this game - could be a new type. Could be a new gimmick, who knows

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Scarlet (red) and Violet (purple) are part of the spanish (republican) flag:
second-spanish-republic-31022_1280.png
This was the first thing I thought about when I saw the logos, not gonna lie.

But we might be on to something. Púrpura/purple IS an heraldic colour, those used in flags and ceramics to represent countries and coats of arms. So maybe Scarlet is meant to represent Sanguine while avoiding the words similar to blood. It'd match the blood oranges reference that was mentioned earlier in the thread.
vector-heraldic-color-shields.jpg

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I like the theory of one game being related to the past and the other being related to the future based on the logos. The scarlet one Is less modern And the Violet one is futuristic

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
who knows, thats just a vibe I'm getting, maybe its less about time travel and more about modernity vs tradition as a theme
or maybe its just like every dual version gamefreak ever done with minor differences here and there but basically the same game
yall expect too much, no wonder you end up disappointed

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I could still do without the kraft cheese slice on his belly, but I love Fuecoco like you can't imagine.

And he's best mates with the best starter in the whole series:

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
or maybe its just like every dual version gamefreak ever done with minor differences here and there but basically the same game
yall expect too much, no wonder you end up disappointed
My point isn't about the fact that the games will have super major differences as much as it is what the theme of the game will be. If the rival schools theory is right it could just be teaching philosophies or something

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Letting them come out of their balls,

Off topic, but I've always wanted them to make the red light effect from the anime when Pokémon return to their Pokéballs. I guess they think red is too aggressive

I made this 3 years ago to the day back when Sword/Shield were going to be announced. Some of them still aren't there yet.
FMvS9yeVQAAjhLh

I don't know what you mean by "stylized" artstyle, but definitely I don't want them to continue venturing into the "realistic" route.

Oct 27, 2017
Something that I don't see a lot of people talking about that I'd like to see return in Scarlet/Violet from PLA is the interactive elements of the Pokémon. Letting them come out of their balls, having the feature that allows the Pokémon to interact the trainer with each other, it allowed for some great screenshot material and it was such a small but impactful thing for me that allowed your Pokémon to feel like more than just battle weapons.
Well this has been in every game since XY with Amie and continually improved on, so I don't see why it wouldn't return again

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I thought the gold bits were just bright colors that venomous animals often have. I don't think they are made of gold
I like that idea but also if you look at say, the card art, those patches tend to be rendered more like gold, plus the weird knobs on it's underside do actually protrude a bit.

Although, in the reveal the yellow markings seem to have the scale texture so you may be right

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
How is this the same location? Just wondering how they're making the comparisons.
That's the desert north of Castelia City.

In Black and White it's a construction area with half-finished buildings and some ancient ruins.

In Black 2 construction of the town has completed. In White 2 construction was abandoned because ancient ruins were discovered and it became an archeological dig site instead.

2LBrqYS.png

There's also Opelucid City, which is either a futuristic city or an ancient city depending on the version:
3achaWs.png

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
After this announcement, it feels like Sword/Shield just came and went away with the wind....

I'm a bit hyped for it, really like the grass starter. Just hope it doesn't end up being a fighting type in the end...