Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Decent game that got way, way better once I switched to portable mode. Was nice to finish a pokedex pretty quickly too. I had fun shiny hunting too, for a bit anyway

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
They're okay, I do agree that the visual style has some great qualities but it's not my favorite.

The thought of replaying it though... eh, the capture style definitely is not enticing me to start it up again anytime soon.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
This caused so much discourse
ZTOpENw.jpg
How come?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I enjoyed it. Never actually beat it, but I enjoyed what time I had with it. Still don't understand CP and all that lol

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Awesome game that we kinda broke playing co-op lol, wish they could have balanced things a bit better but oh well it was still fun to play a Pokemon game together.

I never get tired of visiting Kanto and I thought the graphics were BEAUTIFUL. I really like the character designs and and bright and colourful everything is.

I liked and defended the game back then and still like it today, after the meh Sun & Moon killed my love of the franchise Let's Go! did a good job bringing it back.

And my favourite part was GETTING ADDICTED TO SHINY HUNTING! The chain system was awesome and I loved camping out trying to find a particular one (except when they run away lol :( thankfully later games made it much easier to protect your shiny). This ignited a part of the game to me that carries on today with Arceus and Scarlet basically being shiny hunting games to me. :)

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I liked this so, so much more than I expected and a lot more than Sword/Shield. One of the best Pokemon games on Switch next to Arceus

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite Pokemon game.

The adventure of exploring Kanto with all the QoL features and the graphics was fantastic.

Let's Go Johto is legit the only game GF can make that will get my money.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I was skeptical initially, but when I got around to playing it, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Even got a Living Dex.

Apocalypse

Oct 31, 2023
These games are too nostalgic for me personally, everytime I've fired up one of these classics I'd wish time would turn back to the late 90s when red and blue were released.

Good times indeed.

It's a shame that I don't think for us olders we'll ever feel the same way we did with Pokémon again since those early days.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Game crashed on my Lite when I tried to catch Pokemon so I never finished it. Got up to Rock Tunnel - almost had a completed team too. Apparently you can match JoyCons to it but I never bothered to do it again after that.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The best thing these games did was all the unique ways Pokemon follow you in the overworld and some of them being ridable in unique ways, some you'd never expect.
That wasn't enough to get me to buy it though. I've considered it many times, but I don't think I feel like playing it.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Happy birthday to fairly good games. I started over Pikachu a few weeks ago and am enjoying it for what it is. I got it earlier in the year and it's definitely scratching my Pokémon itch because Scarlet/Violet still seem abysmal performance wise.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I appreciate this game for the attachment to your partner Pokémon. Pikachu was already my favorite Pokémon so I went with Eevee and gained a new appreciation for them. I was hoping to have that experience with maybe two other Pokémon in Johto but that seems like it ain't gonna happen.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a fan when I first played it, dropped it for a few months, and when I came back I absolutely love them. The pared back features and changes were a little weird to get used to, but boy is it charming and fun. I'd gladly devour a Let's Go Johto

MrChocolate

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing game. Probably the only good one in Switch along with Arceus. The rest can die in a volcano. Wish they would have expanded it to Johto.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
The most polished Pokemon game on Switch, and the first pokemon game on Switch. How fucked up is that. Probably the only Switch pokemon game I can say is consistently pleasant to look at.

A prime opportunity to do a great remake of Gen 1 but it continues the bullshit GF trend of removing content in prior versions of the game, to say nothing of gameplay mechanics excised. I did like the (relatively minor) things they added though.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Not the worst experience, but the controls (or lack thereof) saw to it that I will never revisit.

Dreamyard

Jul 15, 2020
The best-looking Pokémon games on the Switch. If we could even just get Johto remakes in this style and nothing else, I would be happy.

ramenline

Jan 9, 2019
it brought back following pokemon so it was chill. i remember it feeling really "big" and blown up since the map was like a 1:1 remake with Sun/Moon-size character models

don't think i'd ever pick these versions if i felt like revisiting Kanto tho

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
It's disappointing that this never turned into its own sub-series. I liked how different it felt from the mainline games, with the focus on catching Pokemon being even greater than battling. Being able to simply catch every Pokemon you meet without fighting them leads to a very stress free playthrough. Especially if you enjoy the motion controls for throwing your pokeball (were honestly pretty fun, in my opinion).

It definitely feels like a lot more of a casual, carefree experience than other games in the series - especially Arceus, which while also having a greater focus on catching, is also the polar opposite of this game, with just how dangerous wild Pokemon are - but I think that makes it a good introduction point for new players. Especially with the co-op mode, which makes the game even easier - feels like a "little sibling along for the ride with big bro/sis" add-on rather than a truly, fully fleshed out gameplay style in its own right - but is fun none the less.

Selling that Mew with the $50 pokeball controller - which basically only really works for these game - was definitely a real rip-off, though.p

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Great artstyle, maybe the most visually pleasing poke game on the switch, but slight yawn at another kanto retread.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
The games were really good and I'd argue they're the best looking Pokémon games on the Switch as well.

I'd like to replay Let's Go Pikachu sometime soon and complete the Pokédex.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I never got it because it just oozed "baby's first Pokemon" and I couldn't be bothered with the watered down gameplay. And to this day, mainline games keep rubbing it in my face because I don't have save data for the game.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Pokemon when it pushes boundaries (even if it missteps) than a careful retread like Let's Go.

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
So if I only played Red and Blue, is this the Pokémon game for me? Wouldn't mind some nostalgia.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I loved this game and still do. The visual style is charming and colorful

Not a fan of go but this is one of those cozy play games for me when I need casual nostalgic moments

Sangral