Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://x.com/PokemonTCGP/status/1839441112714625532

Anyone playing? I recently "moved" to New Zealand to play it. All progress carries over to the main game when it launches October 30th. You can play early on android/ios/pc emulator.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh-mbCFbgjs&

With Pokémon Trading Card Game Pocket, players will be able to enjoy a new Pokémon TCG experience with the following key features:

• Open booster packs: Players will be able to open two booster packs per day at no cost. In addition, the Wonder Pick feature provides players an opportunity to connect with players around the world, and it offers a chance to collect cards in other supported languages.
  • Collect cards: Players can collect cards with nostalgic illustrations, new artwork found only in Pokémon Trading Card Game Pocket as well as special visual effects, such as parallax effects that add stunning depth and dimension to cards and "immersive cards" that allow players to leap into the world of the card's illustration.

ENCHARIZARDGIF.gif

• Customize card collections: Players can decorate and personalize their digital card collections with various features, including display boards, binders and flair — special effects that can be applied to a card. In addition, players can customize their decks with various accessories, including playmats, card sleeves and coins.
  • Engage in quick battles: With streamlined rules that have been optimized for mobile devices, players will be able to enjoy quick single-player and multiplayer battles during their spare time. The app also introduces various features that make battling approachable for beginners and casual players, including Auto-Battle, Rental Decks and Auto-Build.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
I said it in the release date thread, but i'm suprise at how very little they push for monetization. It will probably change with the full release i guess, but i'm loving it so far.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Hope this catches on, haven't engaged with Pokémon TCG since elementary school

Excited to crack some packs

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As an android usee how xan I travel to new zealand?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing and had a total blast until I hit the wall where you are basically waiting around for the timer to refresh for packs. Did all the solo content and got some good pulls but not enough cards to build the real decks I want to I feel like I'm just waiting around since I can't figure out a way to buy premium lol.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the gameplay though, lots more depth than I expected and good balance but those flip effects can be brutal. But really fun decks and card effects. Going first feels absolutely awful though.

I think they need something to keep you going more on daily side of things. At least without premium right now you only get a handful of tickets towards reducing your pack opening time. And then the dust you get to craft a card is absolutely negligible too, they really seem to want you to spend money here which is a bit of whiplash coming from the main TCG Live game as that doesn't let you spend money at all and is quite generous.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
lmfao

nfSXK0T.png

probably google play games beta?
Gotcha, I'll look into that.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's fun, 2 free packs a day and $1 per pack really ain't that bad if you want to spend. Pull rates are good too

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I know the packs themselves are unique to this game, but are the cards themselves unique? Or are they all existing cards within the TCG?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Since it's technically out now in one part of the world... Would an OT be justified? Or should we wait until the global launch in October? Because I kind of want to make one.

Not sure who to ask if it's okay. Jawmuncher maybe?

Does anyone know where I can find the apk
Easiest thing to do would be to just use a VPN, make a new Google account for New Zealand, and download the game that way.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Since it's technically out now in one part of the world... Would an OT be justified? Or should we wait until the global launch in October? Because I kind of want to make one.

Not sure who to ask if it's okay. Jawmuncher maybe?

Easiest thing to do would be to just use a VPN, make a new Google account for New Zealand, and download the game that way.

Yeah you can make one, we'll just specify in the titles it's not Worldwide yet

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
There's an in-game save deletion, so it's super reroll-friendly. I managed to pull the crown-rarity (golden) Charizard, and was pulling an 'Immersive' card every ~1.5 hours of rerolling while watching TV.

Tunnelbear's a free VPN with a decent monthly data cap for the initial data download, whereas UrbanVPN uses a 100MB daily limit which isn't enough for the first install, but has been more reliable.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies! I'll grab it on APKMirror then. I tried the Google Play account method, but it was being a pain in switching my country.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Man, mobile gacha games (or TCGs, same same) always have threads proclaiming the supposed generosity around launch.

Cue 2 years later...

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Another question, I fiinally downloaded the game and have a VPN, but I keep getting errors when I try to download the update at the start. Any idea?

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
So on android if I use a VPN and download the game can I turn the VPN off and play or do I always need it on whilst playing?

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Another question, I fiinally downloaded the game and have a VPN, but I keep getting errors when I try to download the update at the start. Any idea?

I had that issue on ios; i uninstalled and reinstalled the game… i also heard repeatedly hitting retry works

Sangral