JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Officially subtitled in 9 languages.

Pokémon & BUMP OF CHICKEN

The special music video "GOTCHA!" is now available with subtitles in nine languages!

"GOTCHA!" Music Video Music: "Acacia" by BUMP OF CHICKEN (TOY'S FACTOR
Director: Rie Matsumoto
Character Design: Yuki Hayashi
Animation: BONES INC.
Planning and Produced by Genki Kawamura, Masami Hatanaka

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
That was a dope Music Video, really well animated, if only the official anime was like this.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Really amazing and tugs at all the nostalgia and love I have for the series.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
That was a dope Music Video, really well animated, if only the official anime was like this.
The problem is, a whole show on the level of this short video would just be too expensive.
That's also why the openings of anime series often look so much better than the actual shows.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The 7 episode Twilight Wings anime that finished last month was kind of stupidly gorgeous:
www.youtube.com

Pokémon: Twilight Wings | Episode 1 | Letter

Dreams, realities, and challenges collide in Pokémon: Twilight Wings, a seven-episode limited anime series set in the vibrant Galar region! http://bit.ly/3a8...

Thought this was okay. Way too fucking busy for my taste like everything else Rie Matsumoto has directed (though Kyousougiga ended up alright).

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is, a whole show on the level of this short video would just be too expensive.
That's also why the openings of anime series often look so much better than the actual shows.
The anime looks pretty decent for what it is nowadays anyway.

I'd be cool if they did more specials or movies like this though.

They should make some movies based off the manga and use this animation style.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Animation was incredible, also tons of awesome callbacks to all 8 generations!

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

Could have fooled me into thinking it was for a Pokemon Adventures anime.

Putting aside the god like animation, there's something about the tone of the video the feels more exciting than the usual Pokemon series.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed that the deep cuts go as far as paying homage to the Gen 1 games having an innocuous reference to Stand By Me

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
So much nostalgia in this video. Loved it.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
This was amazing! Makes me wish the Pokemon anime could be better.

Also BUMP OF CHICKEN music is really good.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Wow there was a lot of focus on gen outside of gen 1. Must have been a mistake or something

Kovalxy

Apr 5, 2020
BRB, watching sakugatwitter react to Rie Matsumoto and Yuki Hayashi (the animator) doing another goddamn music video. XD

This was really fun, I really liked the character designs and just how energetic everything is. Wish we saw more of this. Though I wonder if Matsumoto will keep on doing music videos or if she'll return to directing anime soon.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
For a moment I thought they killed Alder, cause the Unova champion sequence was so abrupt.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That was superb.

I won't be taking any slander of the main anime, though- it looks really good for what it is, and something this detailed and lively could never work as a series.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
The video was so amazing. I'm bummed that we are not getting that anime. Looks more interesting.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I wonder if they saw that kekkai sensen ending 1 parody with pokemon trainers and were inspired to do this. It reminds me of it a lot, in spirit.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
music video is pretty but I feel like it's too visually dense and I struggled to be able to pay attention/see everything.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
That Red vs. Gold fight is the single best thing I've seen in any Pokémon animation

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is how you honor the series' history.
Really cool video. Love all the details, nods and references.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I screamed when just tuning in the last minutes of the Direct they said "BUMP OF CHICKEN".

They made some great promotional music videos. For example, this one for an anniversary of japanese chocolates:

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
The music was whatever, but the video was really cool, albeit a bit hard to follow at times.