Bowser

Nov 7, 2017

UPDATE: Just temporary, from October 18 to November 15

Last edited:

DoctorOak

Feb 22, 2018
United Kingdom
Still waiting on details, but to be clear, the assets specifically reference it being a pop up. It'll likely just be there for a month or so in November for Sword/Shield.

Hopefully it does well enough that they move onto a permanent location though. And hopefully we'll get an online store at last too...

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to pay customs for my orders because of a hard brexit.

Paris or Berlin would've been better.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no.

Even a pop-up is a dangerous thing.

If nothing else, I hope this means we'll be able to order Pokémon Centre stuff online now.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Could be a temporary thing like Paris one couple of years ago. But if it's permanent, I'll add one more must visit place to my London list.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm incredibly excited for this. Less so if it's a pop-up but still will visit and spend a lot of money no doubt.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
As a culturally sophisticated American, I envision a British Pokemon Center to feature all of the Pokemon you know and love, except they are dressed like the Monopoly Man and drink tea

Jonneh pls confirm

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I do like that Londoners still have the bowler hat and umbrella stereotype though. The main London Lego Store has a similar mascot.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
I do find the lack of any Nintendo store in London a missed trick personally. Because I am in London and am biased.

I'll take a popup Pokemon one for sure though. Hopefully it shows (if) there's a market for one more long-term, even if like NY you go for branding it Nintendo with Pokemon within it. The right location could do very well - cost of any store will be a lot but if you get in the right area, tons of touristy shops, if you can be near Leicester Square, you're near Lego + M&Ms and parents will absolutely hate it.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
As a culturally sophisticated American, I envision a British Pokemon Center to feature all of the Pokemon you know and love, except they are dressed like the Monopoly Man and drink tea

Jonneh pls confirm

The Monopoly man is a New York aristo no? No decent English gentleman would wear a top hat outside of weddings and Ascot..
You're spot on with the tea though.. One sugar please.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. I was worried it was going to be the Westfield.

Ah well, I'll have to figure out an afternoon for the journey.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm still surprised Pokemon Co hasn't opened many permanent stores worldwide.
Pretty much the only Pokemon Center outside of Japan right now is in Singapore and it's not even run by Pokemon Co, and is quite small.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon center in japan are amazing.

Tohoku center in sendai is great.

The one in Ikebukuroa sunday was HELL