Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Booth:

View: https://x.com/PlayStation_jp/status/1826789083462729901

Details about other playable titles and stage events will be announced at a later date. Through its participation at Tokyo Game Show 2024, SIE will strive to provide users with an engaging experience that only PlayStation and PS5 can offer, and to further expand the gaming market.

DS2:

View: https://x.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/1826789676587549132

blog.ja.playstation.com

9月26日~29日に開催される「東京ゲームショウ2024」にプレイステーション®ブースを出展!

9月26日(木)~29日(日)に開催される「東京ゲームショウ2024」にプレイステーション®ブースを出展! 『アストロボット』『モンスターハンターワイルズ』を中心とした最新作の試遊やステージイベントが楽しめる!

image0.jpg

Last edited:

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Stage event details:

PlayStation Presents Death Stranding 2: On the Beach Special Stage

Kojima Productions will host a panel discussion on Death Stranding 2: On the Beach for PlayStation 5. Visionary game creator Hideo Kojima, and Daichi Miura, singer-songwriter and official supporter of Tokyo Game Show 2024, will be joined by a number of guests, including Nicolas Winding Refn, to discuss the upcoming title. Attendees will be given a front row seat to the latest update in the development of Death Stranding 2: On the Beach.

• Event: PlayStation Presents Death Stranding 2: On the Beach Special Stage
  • Game Title: Death Stranding 2: On the Beach
  • Stage Date and Time: Sunday, September 29, 10:30 to 11:30 JST
  • Location Information: Exhibition Hall 1 Event Stage
  • Guest Appearances (titles omitted):
    • Hideo Kojima
    • Daichi Miura
    • Kenjiro Tsuda
    • Nana Mizuki
    • Tomokazu Sugita
    • Shion Wakayama
    • Nicolas Winding Refn

Last edited:

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to know anything about this game other than the release date. Just gimme

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
Can't wait, easily my most anticipated game ever.
I hope they show more gameplay and reveal Shioli Kutsuna's character.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
I always forget the On the Beach part of the title haha

The first game was such a pleasant surprise for me. I didn't think it would appeal to me at all gameplay wise but I absolutely loved it. Planning out my most effective routes and resources tickled a part of my gaming brain I didn't know I had.

I don't need any more information on this at all. I am fine to just watch weirdo trailers and dive in when it releases. It's great that Playstation is going back to having a presence in TGS again. I can't help but wonder if the new leadership is a factor but it's just as likely this was planned regardless. Hopefully it's a regular thing for them and they always have something to show there every year.

Future titles to be revealed at a later date sure is an interesting detail!

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
If it is just a discussion on stage, meh. I need that next trailer and release date.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Death Stranding 2 being shown off on a PS5 Pro makes sense....

I really should play the first now lol

Nov 21, 2017
Yeah PlayStation absolutely is doing a PS5 Pro Showcase in September sometime prior to TGS. Fully expect Death Stranding 2 and Ghost of Tsushima 2 will be used as showpieces to show off the Pro.

Nov 21, 2017
DS2 will launch with PS5 Pro?

No Death Stranding 2 is already confirmed 2025 whereas the Pro is scheduled for this holiday but they will likely use DS2 to show off the power of the Pro. Similar to what PlayStation did with the PS4 Pro which came out in Fall 2016 but used Horizon Zero Dawn to show off the PS4 Pro despite it launching February 2017.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Nice... yeah Sony had the PS4 PRO at TGS 2016, after it was announced earlier that month.

We should expect the same at this year's TGS.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious if DS2 will just be more of the same in terms of gameplay or if the team will get really wild with it. My wishlist is that they clean up the gunplay/combat to be closer to how it was in MGS5 if they decide to add more combat in the first place. I'm fine if they continue to lean towards exploration/traversal. Also hope they tighten up the BT bits cause those could get tedious.

paraluman

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 5, 2024
There's a teaser trailer for it on the PS Showcase this September trust

Inhales hopium

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Urgh, am I really turning into a showcase hopeful 😩 Sounds like it could happen before TGS

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
Just finished DS1 last week. I didn't like the first 7-8 hours then I couldn't put it down. Loved my time despite the quirks. Hyped for this much more.