Status
Not open for further replies.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
OK - so it was suggested on the main PS5 pre-order OT that a separate thread be put together for any and all discussion of PS5 pre-orders for the EMEA region. So here it is!

The thread is all yours now!

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
I mean vestan has done a great job of accumulating all the different retailers for various countries in the OT. Is this really needed? I don't think so.

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
UK Era - I managed to get preorders with Amazon, shopto and game. Which one is most reliable for console releases so I can cancel the others?

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
UK Era - I managed to get preorders with Amazon, shopto and game. Which one is most reliable for console releases so I can cancel the others?

Personally....I would think Amazon. I would certainly keep 2 until closer to launch just in case (yes I know it is selfish but I get nervous around cancellations / unexpected stock levels).

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People hogging pre-orders are as bad as scalpers imo.

Anyway, luckily the launch lineup is not that hot to me, so I can live with having to get it a couple weeks after launch. Would have liked to be there day 1.

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Anywhere in the UK still accepting orders or am I screwed now?
I think so for now. That said, I'd check with the supermarkets to see what their status is. Plus there's every opportunity that the online retailers may make limited numbers available as their allocations become clearer over the next few weeks.

xhunter61

Oct 25, 2017
A few people from germany are ordering from a spanish website: https://www.elcorteingles.es/

Anyone from spain can confirm if thats a big company/shop? Unfortunately i missed the amazon pre order wave, would likely order from there since they are the only ones shipping to germany.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
A few people from germany are ordering from a spanish website: https://www.elcorteingles.es/

Anyone from spain can confirm if thats a big company/shop? Unfortunately i missed the amazon pre order wave, would likely order from there since they are the only ones shipping to germany.

It is. The biggest or one of the bigger retail chains in Spain. Not sure about sending orders to other European countries though.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I secured preorders via Amazon Germany (thanks to my little baby waking me at 3am) and via Mediamarkt.at. Now waiting if both come through.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I secured preorders via Amazon Germany (thanks to my little baby waking me at 3am) and via Mediamarkt.at. Now waiting if both come through.

Just another confirmation that you actually had to be lucky (or "lucky" in this case) in Germany to get your preorder in ...

I hit F5 in the preorder megathread at the right time. For example. That's it.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I randomly got a PS5 DE on Saturn.de with the Wishlist trick. It still says "Order is being prepared" which is a bit weird because usually that's the status you get right before they ship. (so I cannot cancel the order at this point)

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Got to admit, my relief at securing an order from Amazon is immense. Wishing all other EMEA folk good luck in getting your orders in! *fingers crossed*

FootieGamer

Nov 3, 2017

I had 4 pre orders after the initial scrum, and I've now cancelled all the orders apart from Amazon. As a Prime member, I feel much more confident in Amazon delivering and their customer service is really good.

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Got to admit, my relief at securing an order from Amazon is immense. Wishing all other EMEA folk good luck in getting your orders in! *fingers crossed*
Mine's with Amazon UK, and they were absolutely fine getting my PS4 arriving at launch with a copy of Driveclub to boot.

(god how much that needed a 4k update)

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I literally think I got the first Amazon UK order of anyone on this site (9:01am receipt email) and I'm still a lil bit nervous about it. Gotta try and chill ahahah.

Many people will be cancelling stuff from Smyths/GAME/anywhere else that was up early in the coming days so keep a particular eye on those places that had them up early in the coming weeks if you missed out so far.

Oct 25, 2017
My Argos confirmation email has broken images on it. Should I be worried?

Will be getting Cyberpunk with it, I'm correct in saying there's no official PS5 version of it

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
It appears that the first wave of preorders has sold out already across Europe. Let's hope that Sony can provide more soon. I remember from the PS4 launch that Sony saw it as important to have consoles available at launch at retail as well.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Is the headset sold out or was it never put up for sale? Can't seem to order it anywhere. Also, are there no games on Amazon UK yet?

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I managed to snatch it pretty quickly. 1 hour later they announced it was all sold out

Dec 5, 2017
I pre registered for a pre order in 25/01/20 with ShopTo. Just had an email of them today now i've pre-ordered a ps5 though it does not guarantee a ps5 on day one for me.

pinopino

Nov 1, 2017
Managed to get my disc console at amazon.it , preorders went sold out in few minutes. Shipping date for my order is 23 nov :( well just a couple days late

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Is the headset sold out or was it never put up for sale? Can't seem to order it anywhere. Also, are there no games on Amazon UK yet?
It was up on many stores since yesterday, but many have gone OOS.

Scan's worth a check though

www.scan.co.uk

PS5 PULSE 3D Wireless Headset

Buy from Scan - PlayStation 5 PULSE 3D Wireless Headset (CFI-ZWH1) from PlayStation PS5 - Accessories

Also, correct on Amazon UK on no games, simplygames is worth a look.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Got a Smyths order at 11:20pm shortly after they went live, and an Amazon order at 9:04am shortly after those went live.

Not sure which to keep. Amazon have been flakey with every launch day video game preorder I've had, and this will be my first time using Smyths for anything.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
It was up on many stores since yesterday, but many have gone OOS.

Scan's worth a check though

www.scan.co.uk

PS5 PULSE 3D Wireless Headset

Buy from Scan - PlayStation 5 PULSE 3D Wireless Headset (CFI-ZWH1) from PlayStation PS5 - Accessories

Also, correct on Amazon UK on no games, simplygames is worth a look.
Sold out. I managed to get a headset at Smyths before cancelling it to get one at Amazon when they opened orders.

Thanks! Crazy that the headset is sold out as well in many places. Are games really going to be £70? I thought they would be a little lower at least, maybe this is a new era for real.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if the amazon France dates stating January as delivery are correct or not?

Oct 27, 2017
Got my pre-order on GAME Spain's website, though I don't know how. I refreshed the website every now and then and I got lucky once. Secured a PS5DE and I couldn't be happier about it.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Are SimplyGames reliable for delivering on a game's release day? They seem to be one of the only places in the UK right now offering Miles Ultimate Edition.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So what exactly is Amazon's preorder situation now in regards to payment. Wasn't there the whole thing last year about preorders now needing to be paid shortly after ordering or some shit. Is that a thing now?

Still not sure if I will get one at launch after the whole 80€ for games but just to be safe I would like to atleast have one preordered on Amazon.de if I get lucky when preorders are available again and then just cancel closer to launch when I decided I won't get one now

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
So what exactly is Amazon's preorder situation now in regards to payment. Wasn't there the whole thing last year about preorders now needing to be paid shortly after ordering or some shit. Is that a thing now?

Still not sure if I will get one at launch after the whole 80€ for games but just to be safe I would like to at least have one preordered on Amazon.de if I get lucky when preorders are available again and then just cancel closer to launch when I decided I won't get one now
Historically, Amazon don't take payment on any pre-order, whether it's a console, an album or a book until it's actually ready to dispatch. I don't expect that to change for this.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
It was very easy to preorder PS5 in ME, preorder was open for a long time and still open in some sites till now but only for disc edition, DE isn't available yet.

Nero3000

May 12, 2020
Finally got my confirmation email from Game.

Usually had good experiences on launch day, hopefully I will with game aswell:
PS3 - play.com
PS4 - amazon

All delivered in the morning of, no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.