• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i bought this yesterday and played a few games. seems pretty fun, but i got one question:

is it possible to do well in this game without being a chickenshit coward? it seems to me that a top 10 finish is pretty easy if you just lay low and get a bit lucky with the zones. it also seems that like half of the people jump out of the plane as soon as possible, which seems like a suicide.
Watch streamers like Shroud and Lirik and you'll quickly find that you can bulldoze through everyone and win, if you're good enough.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
So far the only cancerous thing in this thread is your shitpost...
218cci9keh.png

Maybe its because I play on Oceania but you'll instantly get racist Australians in every single lobby.
You can mute them and enjoy the game without that nonsense so its obviously not as much of a problem as some games, but also never queued with strangers so idk.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Eh...is there an actual community? I mute everyone and just play on Discord with my friends. Everyone else could be a bot for all I know, they're just there to be killed hahaha

Schnitzelfee

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
My surprise is because of the opposite. I would totally expect them to follow suit with the rest of the industry and sell the final product at 60 bucks.
They have stated a few times over the last months that the price won't go up after release...

Eh...is there an actual community? I mute everyone and just play on Discord with my friends. Everyone else could be a bot for all I know, they're just there to be killed hahaha

Exactly... This is a game to play with friends and have fun...
Nobody has to be part of the "community" whatever that even means

Okada

Nov 8, 2017
i bought this yesterday and played a few games. seems pretty fun, but i got one question:

is it possible to do well in this game without being a chickenshit coward? it seems to me that a top 10 finish is pretty easy if you just lay low and get a bit lucky with the zones. it also seems that like half of the people jump out of the plane as soon as possible, which seems like a suicide.

Definitely and I'd argue that it's way more fun being aggressive.

My only 2 solo chicken dinners both ended with over 10 kills. One of them with 17.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Oh my gawd, this is the first time I've seen a person I'm subscribed to on .. Era. I love the steam controller, you and Existential Egg are a great resource for beginners. I use the steam controller on so much now.
Haha thank you! This is the first time I've seen someone subscribed to my channel on here :D

Thanks for the kind words, I realized I was spending so much time testing until games felt perfect for me with the Steam Controller that not everyone would have the patience or time to do the same thing but I really want people to not dismiss what I feel is the best controller out there.
PUBG was really one of the most difficult ones for me with the sensitivities and all of the weapons and distance ranges you could be fighting at, and all the crazy situations that could happen with specific keybinds that might be really useful albeit rarely needed. I wanted to get it all right, the touch menu is a godsend for these imo. It took me over around 130 hours testing out different settings in this game until I got to the point where I felt like I wasn't struggling in any aspect of the gameplay, namely sniping and looting as the most important. Which I had to find snipers first in order to test! Lol the struggle.

I've been happy with all the support I've gotten recently on my videos. I haven't been able to keep up with making them but I still get comments and messages of people getting into using it more because of me and it's awesome. Existential Egg makes such professional videos I watched a lot of him too, I'm happy to be lumped together with him. Hope to be doing a lot more videos coming up in the new year :)

Last edited:

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
After about 30 hours solo, I played with my friend (who has only recently gotten into it) for the first time yesterday.

Man, it's like a new game. So much fun and so many laughs doing silly things.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I swear to Christ.

Every time I find some good shit like a 4x/8x scope, level three backpack/helmet, I get dunked on in the first two minutes of the game.
Every other time, I make it into the top ten with just a pistol.

Also, this is the second patch I've gotten in the last few hours for the test server. What gives?

Last edited:

GamerForever

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that was fast, and MS have stated its a holiday console exclusive. Maybe its not long until I can play it on my PS. I thought it would stay in early access for a long time. Do you think they are pushing it to a full release so they can release the game to 70 million PS4 owners?

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that was fast, and MS have stated its a holiday console exclusive. Maybe its not long until I can play it on my PS. I thought it would stay in early access for a long time. Do you think they are pushing it to a full release so they can release the game to 70 million PS4 owners?
a) the game is only exiting early access on pc
b) the game is, for the forseeable future, an xbox console exclusive
c) sony has no game preview program, so even if there wasn't some contract for console exclusivity, the game wouldn't be on there yet

but considering the drop of "70m ps4 users" etc i doubt responding to you in earnest will garner me anything

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
GOTY, glad it's got a 'proper' release this year.

It's just a shame the shitty console port has taken some of the focus away from the brilliance of the game. I can't wait to play the new map this week.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
19d.jpg

Game has been out forever in PC, just got 1.0, is exclusive at all or just temp?

GamerForever

Oct 27, 2017
This user was warned: Port-begging and arguing in bad faith.
a) the game is only exiting early access on pc
b) the game is, for the forseeable future, an xbox console exclusive
c) sony has no game preview program, so even if there wasn't some contract for console exclusivity, the game wouldn't be on there yet

but considering the drop of "70m ps4 users" etc i doubt responding to you in earnest will garner me anything

You seem really offended by my post, the game will drop on PS4 and it can drop faster then expected and the motivation can be the huge install base on PS4 for Bluehole

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does price going to be up when full version releases ? Also i hope optimization gone better i bought some time this year and refunded due bad optimization

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Does price going to be up when full version releases ? Also i hope optimization gone better i bought some time this year and refunded due bad optimization
nope, $30 baseline for launch

optimization is way better on 1.0 from my anecdotal experience. can damn well near max it on a 4 and a half year old CPU and a 1070 @ 1440/60

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You seem really offended by my post, the game will drop on PS4 and it can drop faster then expected and the motivation can be the huge install base on PS4 for Bluehole

Opens up an interesting avenue of conversation about expectations for performance of the PS4 Pro version, obviously not for here, but one would wonder just how well it would run.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
You know what I kinda think this release date they gave is kinda bad faith, it is the 21st in most of the world, especially where they are based in Korea
Also I love the game, I have close to 300 hour on live and test server played, but I have 0 faith that Version 1.0 will be anything near what people would expect for a fully released game. I still would expect game breaking bugs, lag, and random crashes to still be in 1.0. I am sure they will continue to update the game, it just feels like PU is releasing it and calling it 1.0 so they can say it is out of early access, inside the year like PU promised.

Do not get me wrong, I have been playing a lot of the test server, and the performance on the new map is so much better than the old, it is a massive step in the right direction. There is just so much to do, I will be shocked if they have managed it, oh pleasantly shocked, but yeah you get the idea. It is such a strange game, I mean this is my GOTY, but man some of the issues in it are maddening

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
nope, $30 baseline for launch

optimization is way better on 1.0 from my anecdotal experience. can damn well near max it on a 4 and a half year old CPU and a 1070 @ 1440/60

Yeah, optimizations has definitely improved, but my biggest problem are the servers that cause a lot of lag.

This is my main problem that keeps me from enjoying this game, after a few rounds I get completely sick of the rubberbanding and network lag.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Really hyped to get back into PUBG. I stopped playing after 150h like 3 months ago because I was sick of all the bugs and performance problems.

Will there be a map select? I don't really wanna play Erangel anymore.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for this. I wanna vault through all the windows, climb every building, shoot all the people with my 8x scope that I can change the zoom level on and then drive away on my car that (hopefully) doesn't do a 1080 christ air after hitting a pebble in the road.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
You know what I kinda think this release date they gave is kinda bad faith, it is the 21st in most of the world, especially where they are based in Korea
Also I love the game, I have close to 300 hour on live and test server played, but I have 0 faith that Version 1.0 will be anything near what people would expect for a fully released game. I still would expect game breaking bugs, lag, and random crashes to still be in 1.0. I am sure they will continue to update the game, it just feels like PU is releasing it and calling it 1.0 so they can say it is out of early access, inside the year like PU promised.

Do not get me wrong, I have been playing a lot of the test server, and the performance on the new map is so much better than the old, it is a massive step in the right direction. There is just so much to do, I will be shocked if they have managed it, oh pleasantly shocked, but yeah you get the idea. It is such a strange game, I mean this is my GOTY, but man some of the issues in it are maddening
A fully released game at $30 price point? Have I been the only one experiencing much worse things in big expensive AAA titles which also take lots of patches to get fixed up over months after release? Shit I had to take a week off Battlefront 2 because of terrible lag, Battlefield also had issues, especially that Battlefield 4. Rainbow Six: Siege my other favorite shooter still has some crazy bugs and issues and even just had to dedicate a few months delaying new content just to have some time to work on just fixing things. That's after a year of the game reaching "full release". Other titles come out messed up too that I've spent way more money on than PUBG. I am so happy with what I get with this purchase. Besides crashes which I hope they clean up the game has been really smooth and great for me on the test server.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for this! Been waiting since the announcement for the new map and vaulting/climbing!

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe its because I play on Oceania but you'll instantly get racist Australians in every single lobby.
You can mute them and enjoy the game without that nonsense so its obviously not as much of a problem as some games, but also never queued with strangers so idk.

I've played near 800 hours on Oceania and I hear more racist shit from the Chinese players to be honest.

They also really love to tell us to fuck our mothers/cao ni ma at the start of every game...

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I've played near 800 hours on Oceania and I hear more racist shit from the Chinese players to be honest.

They also really love to tell us to fuck our mothers/cao ni ma at the start of every game...

I assumed those were Australians using the one Chinese phrase they knew (ive played with people who do this when they see Chinese players)

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so tempted to pick this up ... but I'm concerned about performance.

I have a 2500k OC'd to 4.5ghz with 2133 MHz ram and an OC'd 3gb gtx 960.

... is there any chance I'll be able to get a somewhat stable 60 fps?

Shapes

Nov 6, 2017
I'm so tempted to pick this up ... but I'm concerned about performance.

I have a 2500k OC'd to 4.5ghz with 2133 MHz ram and an OC'd 3gb gtx 960.

... is there any chance I'll be able to get a somewhat stable 60 fps?

Test 1.0 ran very well on a 970. Not sure how close they are to each other, performance wise.