Zombie
Creep
Redemption Song
Seven Nation Army

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It is very cool but I honestly wouldn't recognize most of the songs being played. Wicked Game and Zombie were a little recognizable, but otherwise...

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who started learning guitar in the midst of this pandemic, seeing the use of it in this game has been really cool.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
It's pretty cool but its just extremely limited. some songs, even though I know them well, were really hard to recognize in this video.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
www.resetera.com

Post Your TLoU2 Creations (Minigame Spoilers)

Was anyone else blown away to find a robust creation tool within TLoU2? I've been stuck on this guitar minigame since I ran across it today. It's by far the best use of the DS4 touchpad I've ever seen. It lets you pluck individual strings or strum across all six, and all the chord fingerings are...

I just made a thread about this feature earlier today hoping others might post some of their own recordings but it dropped off the first page instantly, heh. I probably could've titled it better. Here are the couple of covers I made:

Where is My Mind - The Pixies

Exit Music For a Film - Radiohead

You know, for a throwaway little minigame in the middle of this massive cinematic story it's actually pretty damn robust. It gives you access to every major/minor chord and you can play individual strings or strum using the touchpad.

And I was really impressed that they accurately animated the correct fingering for all the various chord shapes. I've never seen such attention to detail for something like that in this type of game.

Last edited:

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I was actually wondering what some people had managed to do with this.

My biggest issue with this is the touchpad's lack of precision. Still ND deserves major props here, because I think it's actually the first time I had legit fun while using it this gen.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow.

Oddly enough makes me wish I wouldn't have quit teaching myself to play guitar a while back lol. Gave my guitar to my brother who has been far more engaged in his own self studies...

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I was actually wondering what some people had managed to do with this.

My biggest issue with this is the touchpad's lack of precision. Still ND deserves major props here, because I think it's actually the first time I had legit fun while using it this gen.
Yeah, It's sort of a crapshoot whether you'll hit the string you're aiming for but it is by far the coolest use of the touchpad I've seen.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
This is amazing. I was thinking when someone was gonna do this and they've already done it. :P

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I really don't understand why they had to split the chords to 4 (or 5?) different selection wheels. Makes it basically impossible to actually play songs fluidly.
All the regular chords would easily fit on one larger circle, with the variants being directly accesible via shoulder Buttons or sth like that.
I'm honestly baffled at how badly thought out this is.

Last edited:

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Yeah, I can't believe they didn't perfectly recreate how to play a guitar with a Dualshock 4 either.

That has nothing to do with the criticism I have of the way it's done here?

Like, of course you can't perfectly recreate it but why use a needlessly limiting and cumbersome interface?
With so many accessibility options, you'd think they would have thought about a more usable guitar interface for those that want to play around with it. I guess the in-game interface was done so that each chord-circle has exactly the chords you need for specific songs, as to make those easier. It was definetly not designed for free-form jamming.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I just got to this point and was thinking I'll be staying here for a couple hours. I'm excited to see what people come up with.

I have no skill with a guitar yet but I'd love to play the TLOU theme.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
That has nothing to do with the criticism I have of the way it's done here?

Like, of course you can't perfectly recreate it but why use a needlessly limiting and cumbersome interface?
With so many accessibility options, you'd think they would have thought about a more usable guitar interface for those that want to play around with it. I guess the in-game interface was done so that each chord-circle has exactly the chords you need for specific songs, as to make those easier. It was definetly not designed for free-form jamming.
That's right. It wasn't.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I really don't understand why they had to split the chords to 4 (or 5?) different selection wheels. Makes it basically impossible to actually play songs fluidly.
All the regular chords would easily fit on one larger circle, with the variants being directly accesible via shoulder Buttons or sth like that.
I'm honestly baffled at how badly thought out this is.
You think they just threw this together in a garage or something? I mean, there's obviously a reasoning behind how they laid it out. Each circle includes six chords built from a particular major scale. They all work well together and each serves a harmonic function within that key, so having them easily accessible makes it easy for someone with no musical experience to create a pleasant sounding chord progression.

I'd love to have them all in one wheel, but the designers weren't going for maximum utility, but maximum ease of use for the lowest common denominator.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
That's right. It wasn't.

I guess at least someone at ND sees these Videos and bites himself in the ass for not using a more open guitar interface and the PS Microphone to let players write, perform and share their own songs in-game :D

You think they just threw this together in a garage or something? I mean, there's obviously a reasoning behind how they laid it out. Each circle includes six chords built from a particular major scale. They all work well together and each serves a harmonic function within that key, so having them easily accessible makes it easy for someone with no musical experience to create a pleasant sounding chord progression.

I'd love to have them all in one wheel, but the designers weren't going for maximum utility, but maximum ease of use for the lowest common denominator.

I am aware why the chords are laid out like that, but as I wrote above, the game has so many accessibility options and care put into each and every detail that I wonder why there is no option to access all chords at once.
I mean in the context of the game it's really not that important, I was just surprised to see the really cool use of the touch pad and was a bit bummed that I couldn't really fluidly jam with the guitar.

Last edited:

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Playing guitar is the new horse testicles.

Can't wait to see what next gen brings - maybe I can carve my name into a tree and come back twenty years later to see how it's grown.

May 24, 2019
Haha. I just found the guitar in the game and was about to ask the OT thread if anyone had gotten her to play Come As You Are like a true teenage guitarist.

Ctalkeb

Apr 12, 2020
I guess at least someone at ND sees these Videos and bites himself in the ass for not using a more open guitar interface and the PS Microphone to let players write, perform and share their own songs in-game :D

I am aware why the chords are laid out like that, but as I wrote above, the game has so many accessibility options and care put into each and every detail that I wonder why there is no option to access all chords at once.
I mean in the context of the game it's really not that important, I was just surprised to see the really cool use of the touch pad and was a bit bummed that I couldn't really fluidly jam with the guitar.
But why complain here? Write to Druckman on Twitter and ask for it in an update.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
While minor, seems a bit of a spoiler for the poor folks who haven't received a copy yet to just blurt our that this exists in game in a thread title..?? I'm playing it so that doesn't include me, maybe I'm just overreacting. I think people really need to limit what we reveal about this game for a good couple of weeks from release, not a couple of days.

Oct 25, 2017
Props to the player for being able to hit individual strings so accurately. I was messing around with this last night and couldn't quite get it so clean.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It gets even better! Someone played the first few notes of a Nickelback song and their PS4 shut off immediately.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
This is freaking amazing haha I had no idea you could hit the individual strings! Hopefully I come across another guitar to give it a whirl!

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
It really is cool. Ive never played a guitar before but last night I made up my own little tune lol.

May 7, 2020
It really is cool. Ive never played a guitar before but last night I made up my own little tune lol.

21bfda556475546e784eaa78e328645dc64c8439.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
awesome ! =D

It is the next stage in the Majora's mask covers xD

www.youtube.com

Ocarina Cover Compilation #1 | The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_sn7012OJI Back in early March, I posted a few tweets showing me playing songs like "Take on Me" and "The Final Coun...

www.youtube.com

Ocarina Cover Compilation #2 | The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Link to Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goMixt-6fEs First off, I want to thank everyone for the kind words and shares for my first montage. I never t...