Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
halo_odst_microsoft_image.0.png

Little known fact but the character we play as in ODST, who never spoke a single word throughout that game rather unceremoniously gets executed while being held hostage by human insurrectionists. The kicker, if he had survived the events of that day he would've been offered the chance to become a Spartan IV.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
If we count a playable character of one game dying in another, the protagonist of Silent Hill 1 is killed offscreen during Silent Hill 3.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Your character in Far Cry 2 dies offscreen in the ending, either in an explosion or from a self-inflicted gunshot.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
thumbnail-5-1655048461019.png

runs into a burning library to save some books, and that's the end of him

or is it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
Spirit Tracks takes place 100 years after Phantom Hourglass and the only returning character AFAIK is a very old Niko, so it's presumed that the rest of the characters have probably passed by then.

EDIT: I guess you could probably count a lot of sequels with a large timeskip so probably not the most interesting example haha

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Never knew that about The Rookie, what a bummer.

I'm gonna say Nomad from the original Crysis, killed off in a comic set in between the first 2 games and promptly never mentioned again.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Never knew that about The Rookie, what a bummer.

I'm gonna say Nomad from the original Crysis, killed off in a comic set in between the first 2 games and promptly never mentioned again.
Technically the second dude got killed too because in between games he got assimilated into the suit and his consciousness and body was replaced by Prophet.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Metal Gear Rising implied Snake died between 4 and it. That's a pretty big one.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Not a fully playable MC but part of the playbale MC. I won't spoil much anyway.
Mimir got killed off-screen, by Kratos:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyEhO0P2_HU

This was part of the stupid censoring and degorifiying PlayStation games wave. Luckily Ragnarok went a little back to its original roots cus first game was almost GOW for children.

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
If we count fighting games, I'm pretty sure Sophitia in Soul Calibur 5 is dead, killed by some monsters or something like that.

latest

But hey, you get to play as her children!

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
If we count fighting games, I'm pretty sure Sophitia in Soul Calibur 5 is dead, killed by some monsters or something like that.

But hey, you get to play as her children!

Tekken is bringing Jun back in Tekken 8, but she has pretty similar story. Backstory details that she was attacked and presumably killed and devoured by the Ogre before events of Tekken 3, but since nobody actually saw her die and her body was never found, it was just presumably.

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
Not a fully playable MC but part of the playbale MC. I won't spoil much anyway.
Mimir got killed off-screen, by Kratos:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyEhO0P2_HU

This was part of the stupid censoring and degorifiying PlayStation games wave. Luckily Ragnarok went a little back to its original roots cus first game was almost GOW for children.

Calling Mimir part of a playable MC is a streatch, but even then he only becomes that after this scene, so iti s even weird in that context. That game also featured one of the most brutal kills in the sereis with Kratos ripping the jaw off the werewolf enemies, so saying that they were making GOW for children is really stupid.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Calling Mimir part og a playable MC is a streatch, but even then he only becomes that after this scene, so itis even weird in that context. That game also featured one of the most brutal kills in the sereis with Kratos ripping the jaw off the werewolf enemies, so saying that they were making GOW for children is really stupid.

I wasn't going to mention Mimir obviously but since I was hiding that part that even I were surprised by it back then then enjoy being spoiled:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jurg6-nIMLw

This is the part where Mimir becomes fully playable MC. Of course you can't play him alone cus he has no body to walk with like ATreus or Kratos so the only way to play him and use him to kill is being held by Kratos.

Of course you ddin't play the second game and or didn't reach that part so you didn't know obviously.

And then again, back then during the first game release, they were a lot of backlashes about how the game got toned down a lot COMPARES to the previous games which uashed some justificatiions back then how they didn't want to make the game shocking like before which didn't convince many players (and even that Wewerewolve ripping wasn't that gorish bakc then) and now devs went bakc on thsi and pushed the game gore almost like past games: https://thegamespoof.com/gaming-news/god-of-war-ragnarok-will-be-much-more-brutal-and-violent/ with the coming back of visceral decapitaions, dismemebring and fruesome boss finishers. You just ignored this comparisons and used it to personally attack me while I was not calling anyone that but just the idea of toning down gore for a game famed for its gore. And btw, just in case I was not the one who called the gore for the first game childish but a lot of fans saying so back. I was reading feedback of many including the devs even hence their reaction for this game and increasing the gore. ;)

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't going to mention Mimir obviously but since I was hiding that part that even I were surprised by it back then then enjoy being spoiled:

This is the part where Mimir becomes fully playable MC. Of course you can't play him alone cus he has no body to walk with like ATreus or Kratos so the only way to play him and use him to kill is being held by Kratos.

Of course you ddin't play the second game and or didn't reach that part so you didn't know obviously.

And then again, back then during the first game release, they were a lot of backlashes about how the game got toned down a lot COMPARES to the previous games which uashed some justificatiions back then how they didn't want to make the game shocking like before which didn't convince many players (and even that Wewerewolve ripping wasn't that gorish bakc then) and now devs went bakc on thsi and pushed the game gore almost like past games: https://thegamespoof.com/gaming-news/god-of-war-ragnarok-will-be-much-more-brutal-and-violent/ with the coming back of visceral decapitaions, dismemebring and fruesome boss finishers. You just ignored this comparisons and used it to personally attack me while I was not calling anyone that but just the idea of toning down gore for a game famed for its gore. And btw, just in case I was not the one who called the gore for the first game childish but a lot of fans saying so back. I was reading feedback of many including the devs even hence their reaction for this game and increasing the gore. ;)

This is like saying that your shotgun becomes the main character of a game when you shoot it.
Or that whenever Atreus stabs something with his dagger you're playing as Fenrir, it's completely absurd.

That, plus the second paragraph ramblings, tells me quite enough lol

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
This is like saying that your shotgun becomes the main character of a game when you shoot it.
Or that whenever Atreus stabs something with his dagger you're playing as Fenrir, it's completely absurd.

That, plus the second paragraph ramblings, tells me quite enough lol

Ah gotcha so Alastair Neil Duncan just makes pew pew sounds throughout both games. Cool.

So by such logics NRS are completely out of their minds by having Ferra & Torr playable and they should have them called them either Ferra or Torr (mostly Torr according to you) eventhough they are distinct characters (eventhough they are separate and complement each others as symbiote pairing and each one relies on the other to attack and none is considered just a numb inhumane weapon) cus such game could only allow to select one playable character on screen and not 2 per slot. How could they? Totally absurd.

Last edited:

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019

I have 100% completed both games. Saying that Mimir is playable here is stretching the definition to the point where it is meaningless in my opinion. As for the gore I agree that it was toned down, but calling it childish is dumb.