• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Some of the responses to the tweet are embarrassing.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I feel this way about Halo in general. Everything Halo does design-wise revolves around and is tuned for a controller. That's not to say mouse and keyboard users shouldn't be allowed to play of course, but there's a reason the game has always been traditionally played with a controller. The same reasons apply to Gears of War.

Ok so what no one forces you to play games with m/kb on PC? I play almost anything with a controller these days.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These posts about Halo being made for a controller are weird. It doesn't do anything different than other FPS games.

Play Halo Online with mouse and keyboard. It's great.

Halo 5 is a shooter that only works with a controller imo. You add the pin perfect accuracy of a mouse and you'll lose the fun. Don't see the advantage of playing on PC
Wat

Wololo

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I am not even gonna watch. But let me guess? "Halo should only be on Xbox" type of stuff probably?

Basically. This Gem is from the same guy who was raging at Phil back when Quantum Break released on PC.

"The day that the new Halo is announced PC as part of Xbox play anywhere = the last day I ever play video games, thanks a lot for making me hate the one sweet thing that makes me even care for this industry (I hope from the bottom of my heart that I never see the new Halo on PC)"

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Basically. This Gem is from the same guy who was raging at Phil back when Quantum Break released on PC.

"The day that the new Halo is announced PC as part of Xbox play anywhere = the last day I ever play video games, thanks a lot for making me hate the one sweet thing that makes me even care for this industry (I hope from the bottom of my heart that I never see the new Halo on PC)"

Jup those are the weird ones.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado

So the one sweet thing that makes this person care about video games is not just Halo, but Halo being only on Xbox? I can't follow that logic. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how that works, and I can't.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

but-why.gif

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
I'm sure I would still be playing Halo 3: ODST Firefight to this day if it came to PC at release.

Still waiting UwU

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017

I was hoping the weird ones would just be PC gamers with no patience for MCC's inevitable PC port.

And what's sad is, even the reality here doesn't even begin to describe the worst I've seen.

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
User warned: using "retard" as slur is not allowed here.
Jesus Christ. Never go full retard lol.

Nov 1, 2017
So the one sweet thing that makes this person care about video games is not just Halo, but Halo being only on Xbox? I can't follow that logic. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how that works, and I can't.
True platform loyalists are strange people. I have no idea how people like that manage themselves when their pet system has been on the back foot almost the whole gen.

Deleted member 32726

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I doubt MCC is coming to PC, but maybe down the road they make some gimped version of classic Halo for everyone to play on their crappy servers.

I don't know, my expectations of quality are at the ground for a Halo PC by Microsoft.

Wololo

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I doubt MCC is coming to PC, but maybe down the road they make some gimped version of classic Halo for everyone to play on their crappy servers.

I don't know, my expectations of quality are at the ground for a Halo PC by Microsoft.

I do think its interesting that MCC suddenly started to get updated again. My guess is theyre prepping it for PC. Eyeing a E3 announcement. PC will get MCC to test the waters before we get Halo 5 and 6. If MCC sells poorly Microsoft can just say well we gave them a chance and the audience didn't respond. Lets just hope its not on the Windows store.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica

I hope it comes. It would be amazing to drag my Halo friend with me through all the games with the highest difficulty and all the skulls before 6.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If it's W10 store only it's going to be dead on arrival though, hope they come to their senses. I personally have no problems with the store but the userbase would become shockingly low if it limited itself to that storefront. If it's W10 store only then at least I hope there's going to be crossplay (Destiny 2 PC convinced me with good auto-aim you can still play with a pad fine)
I never understood this? It's dumb easy to download games off the win10 store, what's the issue? Sea of athieves no problem for me

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I don't even play on PC and I'm excited for more people to play Halo games. I always imagine someone's first experience with Halo starting with all the campaigns back to back on MCC. That's such a treat. More people playing Halo, more people talking about Halo, it's all good in my book.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

Good riddance to this fool, then.
I do think its interesting that MCC suddenly started to get updated again. My guess is theyre prepping it for PC. Eyeing a E3 announcement. PC will get MCC to test the waters before we get Halo 5 and 6. If MCC sells poorly Microsoft can just say well we gave them a chance and the audience didn't respond. Lets just hope its not on the Windows store.
I'm pretty sure they're getting it ready for being another Game Pass game. And if it does come to PC, it will absolutely be exclusive to the Windows store, as bad as it is.

limshowron

Banned for multiple alt accounts
Banned
Apr 17, 2018
Phil Spencer (PCGamer):

He basically says Halo 5 isn't on PC because they're going to go forward and make future Halo titles for PC and says that what they did with releasing Halo 5: Forge on PC is the same as they did with Forza Apex (where after Apex released all future Forza games came to PC).

This is an odd assumption you have here.

Especially when Halo online released after this.

Stilton Disco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
MCC (assuming it actually fucking works mind) coming to PC would certainly be enough to get me to actually buy from the Microsoft store.

Balls in your court Phil.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never understood this? It's dumb easy to download games off the win10 store, what's the issue? Sea of athieves no problem for me
Sea of Thieves was like 20GB. Try something like 6 times that size and you start running into issues, hence why it's viable for them to change MCC to a platform in itself that allows you to download the individual games from it like they're currently doing.

Try download Gears of War 4 and you'll start realizing why the store is a mess. You can't pause and resume downloads without running into issues.

Also, splitting up the store and Xbox App into two different things doesn't make sense.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Any "fan"of Halo mad about the possibility of Halo going to PC please just leave and never come back. Don't buy another Halo product and don't even speak of it because you are unwanted by not just Xbox fans but by gamers everywhere.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Sea of Thieves was like 20GB. Try something like 6 times that size and you start running into issues, hence why it's viable for them to change MCC to a platform in itself that allows you to download the individual games from it like they're currently doing.

Try download Gears of War 4 and you'll start realizing why the store is a mess. You can't pause and resume downloads without running into issues.

Also, splitting up the store and Xbox App into two different things doesn't make sense.

The last thing, sure. But I literally just redownloaded Gears 4 after having to reinstall Windows due to other problems and I could pause and resume the download without any issues.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
These posts about Halo being made for a controller are weird. It doesn't do anything different than other FPS games.

Play Halo Online with mouse and keyboard. It's great.
I realise you're talking about now but, looking back, Halo 1 on PC actually felt quite a bit different at the time. Movement had a stranger, more sluggish feel and the reticles, by comparison with other PC shooters at the time, were as big as a house. Not that I'm faulting it, because it did play great with keyboard and mouse (and still does). I put a lot of hours into the online at the time.

Wololo

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Halo 6 will come to PC...it's not even news.

It's just a question of if people will care. PC gamers haven't had mainline Halo since Halo 2. All the people who cared enough to finish the story probably coughed up the coin for an xbox. It would be weird if Halo 6 was on PC without MCC or Halo 5 but I wouldn't put it past microsoft.