DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
personacentral.com

October 13, 2022 Issue of Weekly Famitsu to Have Special Feature Concluding the Persona 25th Anniversary Events [Update] - Persona Central

Weekly Famitsu Magazine, releasing on October 13th, 2022 will have a Persona 25th Anniversary feature to conclude the anniversary events.
For the final event, it seems this is where the last announcement is going to be? NGL this sounds very very lackluster and man hope we get more Persona 5 spinoff or Persona 6 cuz come on this anniversary has been a joke

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
personacentral.com

October 13, 2022 Issue of Weekly Famitsu to Have Special Feature Concluding the Persona 25th Anniversary Events [Update] - Persona Central

Weekly Famitsu Magazine, releasing on October 13th, 2022 will have a Persona 25th Anniversary feature to conclude the anniversary events.
For the final event, it seems this is where the last announcement is going to be? NGL this sounds very very lackluster and man hope we get more Persona 5 spinoff or Persona 6 cuz come on this anniversary has been a joke

It's just an anniversary. They did quite a bit for it. It sucks that it's Japan only but these are the kinds of things Japan enjoys for anniversaries and special events.

Persona 5 strikers also came out what last year? Why does Persona 5 NEED another spinoff?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
persona 3 remake was confirmed by a leaker but who knows if that will be the announcement

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't know, seems a little ambitious, don't you think?
Persona 5 Paper plates 👍

Why does Persona 5 NEED another spinoff?

TJwKpTX.png

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The announcement is the Famitsu article or is it just part of it?

If it's part of it that would mean we will be getting the Persona announcement next week right? (Also might be in a Sony show with Silent Hill and FFXVI)

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
idk he's on this site but knew about Persona 5, 4 Gold, and 3 on Xbox late last year or earlier this year.

Hinted the new title was "a new game" and "an old game," and someone guessed Persona 3 remake and he confirmed it.
I mean let's be real "the three popular games are coming to Xbox at some point" isn't exactly the hardest thing to guess. Especially since "ports of old games" and "P3 Remake" were both things mentioned in past Atlus surveys. It'd be really weird for them to be working on a HD port of P3P and a P3 Remake at the same time.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
I mean let's be real "the three popular games are coming to Xbox at some point" isn't exactly the hardest thing to guess. Especially since "ports of old games" and "P3 Remake" were both things mentioned in past Atlus surveys. It'd be really weird for them to be working on a HD port of P3P and a P3 Remake at the same time.
It wasn't a guess. He knew 5 was coming to Xbox and then followed up that 4 and 5 were coming to Windows Store, which he assumed meant Game Pass. This was months before the showcase.
What was the other leak?
Persona 3 Remake would be both "a new game" and "an old game."

Feb 16, 2022
There's nothing in that article to indicate the final announcement will be there, just that the issue will contain stuff to conclude the anniversary events. The final announcement might still be revealed on a separate event.

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
It wasn't a guess. He knew 5 was coming to Xbox and then followed up that 4 and 5 were coming to Windows Store, which he assumed meant Game Pass. This was months before the showcase.
And what makes you so positive it was something he knew as a fact and not just the easiest guess for the most likely outcome? Does he have a history of credible leaks? A confirmed contact vetted by someone else confirmed legit? Do we have the exact timeline they were the first one to say this, given it was a consistent and popular rumor for a long time? Personally I need a little bit more than the easiest swing possible hitting before I believe everything someone says. Been burned way too many times, including on this forum.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
And what makes you so positive it was something he knew as a fact and not just the easiest guess for the most likely outcome? Does he have a history of credible leaks? A confirmed contact vetted by someone else confirmed legit? Do we have the exact timeline they were the first one to say this, given it was a consistent and popular rumor for a long time? Personally I need a little bit more than the easiest swing possible hitting before I believe everything someone says. Been burned way too many times, including on this forum.
I'm not that invested in defending his authenticity as a leaker. You can call him a groundhog for all I care. He was 100% accurate about something to be revealed nearly a year later, going beyond Xbox and stating he saw Windows Store versions, and didn't make anymore guesses or leaks about anything else really, except for P3R. Feel free to leave it, idk.

edit: Oh, he did know that Deathloop was hitting Game Pass and that there weren't any clauses preventing it before anyone knew better.

icecream

Oct 27, 2017
Quite the third degree you're giving to some poster who didn't even try to flash that they were a leaker for notoriety and had been keeping to the Japan Xbox threads and occasional Atlus threads at most.

They called the ports on Xbox long before anyone would have believed Atlus was doing anything for Xbox.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was really riding that P6 hopium (and fully convinced I was right), but a, from the ground up, remade P3 with FeMC would be pretty great as well.

if it's just a remade FES, it can stay in the trash

I'd still buy it though

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
Quite the third degree you're giving to some poster who didn't even try to flash that they were a leaker for notoriety and had been keeping to the Japan Xbox threads and occasional Atlus threads at most.

They called the ports on Xbox long before anyone would have believed Atlus was doing anything for Xbox.
When the only information provided is "someone on this forum said it was happening", yeah I'm going to ask for some kind of further information before I believe it as truth. I don't have encyclopedic knowledge on every thread and poster on this forum, I have no idea who they're talking about. But don't expect everyone to accept something as fact without either more information or some kind of history. Both this series and this forum are no stranger to bogus leaks being taken as fact. And people have been guessing Persona is going to come to Xbox for a hell of a lot longer than half a year ago. Atlus literally asked us if we wanted it to.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
When the only information provided is "someone on this forum said it was happening", yeah I'm going to ask for some kind of further information before I believe it as truth. I don't have encyclopedic knowledge on every thread and poster on this forum, I have no idea who they're talking about. But don't expect everyone to accept something as fact without either more information or some kind of history. Both this series and this forum are no stranger to bogus leaks being taken as fact. And people have been guessing Persona is going to come to Xbox for a hell of a lot longer than half a year ago. Atlus literally asked us if we wanted it to.
He called it before Atlus asked.

tbh I don't blame your skepticism but I don't think asking all of those questions is particularly reasonable for a third party as it requires more legwork than a "take it with a grain of salt" post should warrant lol

Last edited:

icecream

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to beleaguer this point as not the leaker nor the original poster passing on the information in this thread. You don't have to be convinced to believe any of it and no one is forcing you to listen or entertain this idea.

There's not even much value to believing leaks anyway. Just sit and wait for official announcements to get your confirmations instead of being worked up about possible lies.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I for one am hype for the event to be an opportunity for JP Fans to buy Merch that i can only look at from afar

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
He called it before Atlus asked.

tbh I don't blame your skepticism but I don't think asking all of those questions is particularly reasonable for a third party as it requires more legwork than a "take it with a grain of salt" post should warrant lol
"I want to play it on Xbox" was an option on both the 2021 and 2022 surveys, so no he didn't. But even before that, "Xbox" has been an option for what consoles you play on for the entire time. And people have been asking for Persona ports very loudly for a very long time.

Anyway, the whole thread doesn't need to get derailed by this but I don't think it's that out of the question for me to ask what credibility a supposed leaker has when someone comes in here with "this game has been confirmed by a leaker, idk who just someone on this forum somewhere at some point in the past half a year". You said you didn't want to actively defend them though so I am fine leaving it at that.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
before p3p rerelease i would have believed it but now not so much

It happened with games from other publishers like with FF7, and sort of happened with Catherine when it comes to Atlus. Also, announcing the remake of a game right after the HD rerelease feels like a very Atlus thing to do.

Deleted member 10981

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 24, 2022
I don't think we are getting Persona 3 Remake announced but I'm still...curious, if it will ever happen.

Mostly because it was the most requested remake from fans in Japan, and Persona 3 Dancing kind of remade a whole bunch of areas from Persona 3 and gave the entire cast a new set of models and costumes. I feel like they could have probably used those to make a remake, but knowing Atlus, if a remake ever happens, they are probably going to make another set of assets again.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I don't think we are getting Persona 3 Remake announced but I'm still...curious, if it will ever happen.
I think we're absolutely getting one. Think about it this way - what does that user have to gain by coming on here and telling us a lie? They're not trying to draw attention to themself to get viewers for their youtube/twitch, they're not advertising for their patreon on here etc. This also isn't say, a troll account making the rounds on reddit. It's someone who has a good reputation in the community here and has shared information on atlus before it was released in the past. It makes absolutely no sense for them to come on here and make up some story about this that isn't true.

Last edited:

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018

The same user literally said Taiko was coming to game pass like 6-7 months before it happened.

I will never say no one, but it's very unlikely anyone had taiko on xbox on their bingo card.

Last edited: